Stop the Steal!

Thread Rating:

November 8th, 2020 at 11:36:10 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
Ed, you reallyseem to be exagerating more than usual lately. When you say most of the right isn't excepting it, that just seems ridiculous. I would guess that 99% of the people that voted for Trump are accepting it.

I just look on this board and gauge the reaction of the right. It's the only place where I get into politics and can gauge a reaction from multiple people on the right. It's my personal poll :-) I think this board is pretty representative of the overall left and right views in this country.
Or
Do you believe the left here on this board are not extremists and some of the right here ARE extremists.
If that's the case, maybe you are right and I am wrong.

Look at all the elected Republicans in Congress. Just one congratulated Biden, Romney. The rest silent or totally backing Trump in the vote fraud claim.

My Facebook is apolitical, I have friends on the right
I try not to get into politics at the RV campground.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 8th, 2020 at 11:39:37 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
If a POTUS sees fraud he is supposed to ignore it?

He sees his ego damaged, there are no legitimate cases of fraud. There is a reason his lawsuits are being dismissed left and right (including by Federal Judged that he appointed....)

I am fine with a full recount in all States and Territories, in fact I wish it, because it will end this nonsense once and for all (I still bet Trump will not concede).
But, it will show in brazen terms how foolish he is, and hopefully convivence at least some of his supporters (as shown in this thread there are some who will never concede and will probably be talking about this 20 years from now still....) .

You think the Democrats pushed mail-in because they were so worried about the china virus and nothing else?

I honestly don't care. I am glad to live on a progressive state (at least as far as voting rights go) like GA where anyone can request a mail-in ballot for any reason or no reason. I am glad more states are starting to follow this example. I think voting is a right that should not be restricted to one day at a set time period. Early voting and mail-in ballots are legitimate and should be expanded to more States and Territories.

That being said, right now with the uptick. Voting in a way that encourages social distancing is the responsible thing to do, and I am very proud of myself, and everyone who did, for voting by mail for the first time ever to help slow the spread.

If it were the other way around and it was Trump who won late the media would be shouting that we have to investigate.

If you doubt any of that look back to 2000.

Some differences to note, again Trump is President. When the President sets a bad example it matters (though it is sad how low the bar has become under Trump that people are not even alarmed by this).

Look at how President Obama handled the transition after Clinton lost, he was probably embarrassed, furious, and confused, he was still completely gracious and did everything in his power to meet with Trump and help him succeed. The way a sitting President (not a former President, or a media person) handles it is what matters. When a President instigates conspiracy theories and ponders about barricading himself in the White House and refusing to leave it should raise alarm bells even in his most loyal supporters.

You (not just you personally, but that viewpoint) keep citing the 2000 election as some defense of Trump's behavior. For one, neither was a sitting President. Two, it was close, very close, one state made a difference (not the case here, Biden one, and now the remaining states are just extra bonuses to show how popular he is). Demanding a recount in one state where that state holds the balance and is very close is not unreasonable.

Biden is so far ahead that he can gift Trump States and still easily win..... More popular votes than any candidate in history, which when you factor in that he is running against an incumbent (which many people don't realize is always more challenging for a variety of reasons), is even more impressive. It is quite likely when the remaining states are called he will easily have over 305 electoral votes.
November 8th, 2020 at 11:49:23 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
If you doubt any of that look back to 2000.
I doubt he remembers. I could be wrong, but I think he was in elementary school back then. 😂😂
November 8th, 2020 at 11:53:26 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I believe Republicans in congress are trying to gauge their base's reaction to Trumps claim of fraudulent election.
If there is a hint that the base majority believes Trump won, you will find most republicans in Congress agreeing with Trumps fraudulent claims.
Trump has the power to destroy Senators and has destroyed them. Ask Jeff Sessions
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 8th, 2020 at 12:13:16 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
I doubt he remembers. I could be wrong, but I think he was in elementary school back then. 😂😂

Why is the idea of somebody being in elementary school 20 YEARS AGO funny to you?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 8th, 2020 at 12:14:06 PM permalink
Shrek
Quote: kenarman
We have been living a 4 year tantrum from the left after the last election. 4 days is hardly comparable.
+100

Yep, and conservatives are actually reacting the adult way. That is, gathering evidence to present as proof.

OTOH, libbies (not conservatives) are the ones who riot, loot, and burn down their own cities and act like little babies when they don't get their way. THAT sounds like a tantrum to me. 👍👍
November 8th, 2020 at 12:21:36 PM permalink
Shrek
November 8th, 2020 at 8:43:08 PM permalink
Shrek
This is getting VERY interesting!!!

Wisconsin Clerks May Have Unlawfully Altered Thousands of Absentee Ballots

And just remember this..................................................................................

November 9th, 2020 at 3:57:16 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
I posited that too... that the polls were a political tool by the left leaning media meant to suppress Trump votes. My wife asked a simple question.... if you tell someone the race is over, doesn’t that suppress votes from both sides? Why would the (fake) loser’s votes be suppressed more?

Who is more likely not to vote, the person who would have voted for the winner, or the one who didn’t want to vote for a loser.

How many others might change their vote to join the bandwagon?

They’re manipulating the polls to influence voters.

They had Trump winning 125 EC votes.

They had Harrison and Graham neck and neck just before the election. Graham beat him by 15 percentage points.

They had McConnell leading McGrath by 2 percentage points up to the election. He beat her by 20 percentage points.
November 9th, 2020 at 6:23:37 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0