Stop the Steal!

Thread Rating:

May 16th, 2021 at 8:40:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146
I'm not suggesting that he is hemorrhaging support as a result, just that, at a certain point, you lose some of your fence-sitters or those who think Trump is anything less than Jesus Christ reincarnated.

I dont think anybody is sitting on the fence regarding Trump. It's like the band Kiss. Either they suck or you love them. No fence sitting allowed :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 16th, 2021 at 8:56:51 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: terapined
I dont think anybody is sitting on the fence regarding Trump. It's like the band Kiss. Either they suck or you love them. No fence sitting allowed :-)

It's worse: it's devotional / quasi-religious: either you believe or you go to hell: no middle ground, no room for compromise.
May 16th, 2021 at 8:58:21 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee
It's worse: it's devotional / quasi-religious: either you believe or you go to hell: no middle ground, no room for compromise.

Well, a fair number of his supporters are religious, (or, claim to be) so I guess they are remaining consistent to that personality trait.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 16th, 2021 at 9:07:48 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

I think you have that backwards. That pretty much defines the far left. The apocalypse is coming can't you understand the sky is falling, the sky is falling. Run, Run.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 16th, 2021 at 9:12:15 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: kenarman
I think you have that backwards. That pretty much defines the far left. The apocalypse is coming can't you understand the sky is falling, the sky is falling. Run, Run.

I think he has it forwards. It pretty much defines anyone who is, "Far," anything. Once a person sacrifices a willingness to attempt objectivity, that person becomes an automaton.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 16th, 2021 at 9:17:52 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96

The democrats do not look at Biden the same way republicans view Trump, as a messiah, a savior, the pied piper of the republirats.

There is no "cult of personality" with Joe Biden, unlike with Trump.

One could easily compare Trump in America to Hitler in Germany, except Trump likes the Jews, at least his son-in-law does.
May 16th, 2021 at 9:23:46 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
The democrats do not look at Biden the same way republicans view Trump, as a messiah, a savior, the pied piper of the republirats.

One could easily compare Trump in America to Hitler in Germany, except Trump likes the Jews, at least his son-in-law does.

There kind of was with Sanders, but Trump was able to develop a lot bigger cult. I know Sanders is not Biden, but my point is that the Far Left is not necessarily above subscribing to a cult of personality.

In fact, much like with Trump in the 2020 General, we got to hear all about how the Primary was rigged against Bernie when he lost to Hillary.

Even though, they're literally allowing him to run for the Democratic Nomination (the only conceivable way he could ever reach the Presidency) despite the fact that he is not a Democrat.
May 16th, 2021 at 9:24:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

The supporters that cheered Trump on for being an A-hole did him no favors. They effectively sidelined policy supporters like SOOPOO, and potentially moderate independents. Trump was going to ignore non-supporters, so it was up to his base.

If you don’t understand alienating supporters try to think how many times you heard the term never-Obama’s, or never-Bush.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 16th, 2021 at 9:25:52 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
The democrats do not look at Biden the same way republicans view Trump, as a messiah, a savior, the pie-eyed piper of the republirats.

Who spends more time marching/rioting in the streets the left or the right? Trump had traditional political rallies trying to effect change the legal way. The left spends all their time using extreme measures to try and get their way anyway possible. The right has one rally that gets a little out of hand and it is the end of the world for the lefty sheeples.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 16th, 2021 at 9:27:03 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
The supporters that cheered Trump on for being an A-hole did him no favors. They effectively sidelined policy supporters like SOOPOO, and potentially moderate independents. Trump was going to ignore non-supporters, so it was up to his base.

If you don’t understand alienating supporters try to think how many times you heard the term never-Obama’s, or never-Bush.

That's a great point! I could tell you about all of Trump's non-border-wall policies, except, I never cared enough to look into what they actually are.

I think he was pro-choice, but then became pro-life or claimed to be? Well, being pro-life automatically makes his political positions idiotic, in my book.