The Biden Presidency 2021

September 5th, 2021 at 6:48:53 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Unless you're one who thinks Trump actually won, the public rendered judgment that the strongest border control president in decades was not enough of an issue to reelect him.

It is obvious that there are dozens if not hundreds of ‘issues’ that each Presidential candidate will have opinions on. Trump was so deficient as a human that even if he had better ‘policies’ it was obviously not enough in a few swing states. Most people (but not me) who care about border security I’d surmise voted for Trump.
September 5th, 2021 at 7:18:08 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
Inflation is cooling off just as economists, the Fed, and Biden expected

Thoughts and prayers to our resident inflation-scare-mongers (Tanko).

Just got a letter from awning store that puts up and takes down my awning. Has been $100. Letter states that ‘due to staggering increases in labor costs the cost of …. will be $167! Snow plow removal guy sent letter saying ‘I cannot find any help at a reasonable cost so I will not be providing service this year’’. Things I am aware of…. Starbucks Double Shot four pack just jumped from $5.99 to $6.79. Pretty much ALL local restaurants are at least 10-20% more than pre ‘give away money to not work’ policies. Heck, most importantly, golf which I averaged around $40 a round last year is closer to $50 this year! You can believe what you want. The real world shows me different. Just go to the gas station…

Nearly everything has increased in price since last year. I don’t know why.

Housing prices are up 15% - 20% with mostly cash offers, yet you think everyone is unemployed and too lazy to work?

Makes zero sense.
September 6th, 2021 at 6:39:26 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: gamerfreak

Just got a letter from awning store that puts up and takes down my awning. Has been $100. Letter states that ‘due to staggering increases in labor costs the cost of …. will be $167! Snow plow removal guy sent letter saying ‘I cannot find any help at a reasonable cost so I will not be providing service this year’’. Things I am aware of…. Starbucks Double Shot four pack just jumped from $5.99 to $6.79. Pretty much ALL local restaurants are at least 10-20% more than pre ‘give away money to not work’ policies. Heck, most importantly, golf which I averaged around $40 a round last year is closer to $50 this year! You can believe what you want. The real world shows me different. Just go to the gas station…

Housing prices are up 15% - 20% with mostly cash offers, yet you think everyone is unemployed and too lazy to work?

Makes zero sense.

Your attempt at understanding my post makes no sense. The free trillions the government has ALREADY given out and the new trillions in the pipeline are what has fueled inflation in housing costs. I don’t think most of the unemployed are ‘too lazy to work’. I think they are (mostly) making a sound economic decision because of the idiotic unemployment bonus money given out. If you were making $30k pre pandemic, and qualified for $15k state UI and $15k federal UI, it MADE SENSE not to try and get old job back. IF there was no federal layer of UI there at least would be an incentive to get a job.

The housing market you describe is not affected much by the bottom levels of income. Going from $12 an hour to $16 an hour does not get you to an income where you can afford homeownership.

The ‘rich’ have done better during the government giveaway pandemic. I have one friend who is a small business owner whose business has been not affected at all due to the pandemic. But he was eligible for those loans which he says he will not have to pay back because he kept all his employees, which he needed anyway because his business never changed! I’m guessing he made mid 6 figures before pandemic, and maybe twice that due to the free government money. He may buy a big second house now!
September 6th, 2021 at 8:25:53 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The stress of the first 8 months of the new administration has really taken its toll on Hunter Biden:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 7th, 2021 at 12:08:13 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: gamerfreak

Makes zero sense.

Your attempt at understanding my post makes no sense. The free trillions the government has ALREADY given out and the new trillions in the pipeline are what has fueled inflation in housing costs. I don’t think most of the unemployed are ‘too lazy to work’. I think they are (mostly) making a sound economic decision because of the idiotic unemployment bonus money given out. If you were making $30k pre pandemic, and qualified for $15k state UI and $15k federal UI, it MADE SENSE not to try and get old job back. IF there was no federal layer of UI there at least would be an incentive to get a job.

The housing market you describe is not affected much by the bottom levels of income. Going from $12 an hour to $16 an hour does not get you to an income where you can afford homeownership.

The ‘rich’ have done better during the government giveaway pandemic. I have one friend who is a small business owner whose business has been not affected at all due to the pandemic. But he was eligible for those loans which he says he will not have to pay back because he kept all his employees, which he needed anyway because his business never changed! I’m guessing he made mid 6 figures before pandemic, and maybe twice that due to the free government money. He may buy a big second house now!

We are in a period of extreme inflation.

When the buying power of a dollar goes down so dramatically in a short period of time, the cost of labor is going to go up. It has nothing to do with unemployment.

Also, and increase in property value also means an increase in rent.
September 8th, 2021 at 7:07:04 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Why does dementia joe bidumb love his ice cream??

The Power of Ice Cream

I quote part:
Quote:
Ice cream brings people with dementia to happier, warmer times when the treat was shared with friends and loved ones at special, joyous occasions.
For people with dementia, ice cream is far more effective and safe than Prozac, or any other “happy” drug on the market!
If you are caring for a loved one with dementia, find out what flavor is their absolute favorite and NEVER RUN OUT OF ICE CREAM!
Let's go Brandon
September 8th, 2021 at 8:22:02 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: fleaswatter
Why does dementia joe bidumb love his ice cream??

WTF is wrong with you
EVERYBODY loves ice cream
Old, young, rich, poor, conservative, liberal, extremist, deadhead, gambler, Martian, god, Eskimo, Mongolian etc
Who doesn't love ice cream?????????????????
I have to imagine even EB and AZ love ice cream
Then again, who knows
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 8th, 2021 at 8:40:24 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Quote: terapined
WTF is wrong with you
EVERYBODY loves ice cream
Old, young, rich, poor, conservative, liberal, extremist, deadhead, gambler, Martian, god, Eskimo, Mongolian etc
Who doesn't love ice cream?????????????????
I have to imagine even EB and AZ love ice cream
Then again, who knows

Triggered much???? LOL LOL

It is good to see that you continue to faithfully follow my posts.
Let's go Brandon
September 9th, 2021 at 5:52:52 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
MAGA!!!

Biden administration tells ex-Trump officials to resign from military academy advisory boards or be dismissed

Quote:
The officials asked to resign include prominent former Trump officials like former White House press secretary Sean Spicer, former senior counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway and former national security adviser H.R. McMaster. They were appointed to the advisory boards of the Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and West Point respectively.

Unclear how the Air Force Academy will continue functioning without Kellyanne Conway’s expertise.... 😂
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 9th, 2021 at 6:31:18 AM permalink
fleaswatter
MAGA!!!

Biden administration tells ex-Trump officials to resign from military academy advisory boards or be dismissed

Unclear how the Air Force Academy will continue functioning without Kellyanne Conway’s expertise.... 😂

I'm sure that dementia joe bidumb will appoint highly competent people such as those that already work for his administration, for example Lloyd Austin and stinkin Blinken, who surrendered to the Taliban.
Let's go Brandon