The Biden Presidency 2021

October 13th, 2021 at 7:07:57 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
That "fraction" was lost in an operation that was poorly planned and executed.

Big deal
The above can be applied to the entire Vietnam War.
58k lost due to poor planning and execution
But
Let's get real
You are upset about a measly 13
I'm blaming hundreds of thousands of American deaths on republican pro virus policies
With competent leadership from the beginning and not making the issue political
Maybe a quarter million deaths
With Trump and now crazy Republicans insisting on pro virus policies, we will be closing in on a million American lives lost
Proper perspective is to care more about issues where hundreds of thousands of lives of Americans have been unnecessarily lost
Thats why I support Dems over Republicans
Biggest issue facing this country is the virus and Republicans are deadly on this issue
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 13th, 2021 at 7:59:24 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
Big deal
The above can be applied to the entire Vietnam War.
58k lost due to poor planning and execution
But
Let's get real
You are upset about a measly 13

Nice deflection. The main point was about President Biden being able to "fix" all of the Trump policies with the stroke of a pen yet a totally inability to do anything to make a better plan for the withdrawal and extraction of citizens and friendlies. He failed miserably.

You seek to diminish his failures by comparing it to earlier failures. The idea is not to fail; not to have a lesser failure than others. Even with perfect execution, we could have lost people...but we did not even try to get it right.

Your comment about a "measly 13" is revolting.
October 13th, 2021 at 8:01:39 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Nice deflection. The main point was about President Biden being able to "fix" all of the Trump policies with the stroke of a pen yet a totally inability to do anything to make a better plan for the withdrawal and extraction of citizens and friendlies. He failed miserably.

Your comment about a "measly 13" is revolting.

I think the republican party is revolting for ignoring over 700k dead
13 is a measly number because its way way way more
Remember Tillman???????????????
A lot more then 13 died due to incompetence, a lot more
Over 2k died for nothing just like 58k died in Viet Nam for nothing
You are upset over 13 due to politics
I'm upset about 2k that we should have never sent there to die
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 13th, 2021 at 8:22:04 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: terapined
I think the republican party is revolting for ignoring over 700k dead
13 is a measly number because its way way way more
Remember Tillman???????????????
A lot more then 13 died due to incompetence, a lot more
Over 2k died for nothing just like 58k died in Viet Nam for nothing
You are upset over 13 due to politics
I'm upset about 2k that we should have never sent there to die

Actually, you are just wrong about it. Yes, huge mistakes were made. The same plan, executed by a Republican, would have upset me as well. The whole thing was done wrong from the start. Even with no loss of life, we screwed the pooch.

Why do the deaths upset me? My brother and sister Marines and other service members lost their lives and that hurts me each and every time it happens.

I read about the people who died in Vietnam every day. I learn a little about their lives. Thanks to a guy who posts information about them on the anniversary date of their deaths for telling their stories. I actually saw a few of them being taken to their resting places at Arlington during the war when visiting Fort Myer a long while ago.
October 13th, 2021 at 8:51:24 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The great thing about the whole Afghanistan episode is this: it’s over.

Most Americans have moved on. The only ones left bitching about it are the people who think anyone outside of their bubble has a clue what “Let’s go Brandon” means.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 13th, 2021 at 9:12:05 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
The great thing about the whole Afghanistan episode is this: it’s over.

Most Americans have moved on. The only ones left bitching about it are the people who think anyone outside of their bubble has a clue what “Let’s go Brandon” means.

Some Americans have moved on showing the same level of ignorance they constantly rail about when displayed by some Trump supporters.

The rest of America sees a failed mission and people left behind--both citizens and people who helped us survive in country.

The failure will still fade into the distance as we move forward; it just won't go away as quickly as some may want.

Obviously, you know what "Let's Go Brandon" means...and you don't seem to be in the so-called bubble.
October 13th, 2021 at 9:23:14 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Obviously, you know what "Let's Go Brandon" means...and you don't seem to be in the so-called bubble.

I had to Google it yesterday to figure out what the heck jcw was talking about.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 13th, 2021 at 9:25:00 AM permalink
RonC
"Transitory" inflation will help provide a 5.9% increase to Social Security recipients, along with those receiving VA benefits. Military retirees usually get a similar increase.

That is better than the COLA for government workers and the military--their increases will be less than the rate of inflation at 2.7%. So, they will still be losing to inflation.
October 13th, 2021 at 9:26:28 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Some Americans have moved on showing the same level of ignorance they constantly rail about when displayed by some Trump supporters.

The rest of America sees a failed mission and people left behind--both citizens and people who helped us survive in country.

The failure will still fade into the distance as we move forward; it just won't go away as quickly as some may want.

We don't know how many people put off leaving when they were told they could. It's just a fact some people are going to be late to anything, or wait to the last minute to do something no matter how well it was scheduled. And we're talking about muli-thousands of people involved.

(but then I have little tolerance to be made waiting for someone to get ready when we both know the time, and I'm always ready to go before them)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 13th, 2021 at 9:32:04 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: rxwine
We don't know how many people put off leaving when they were told they could. It's just a fact some people are going to be late to anything, or wait to the last minute to do something no matter how well it was scheduled. And we're talking about muli-thousands of people involved.

(but then I have little tolerance to be made waiting for someone to get ready when we both know the time, and I'm always ready to go before them)

Of course, some will miss the boat or plane. Look at those who get to the airport late and miss cruise ship departures from ports. Getting to 100% was impossible. The problem to me is that we said that we would (our leader did) and we did not even make a best effort to get there based on the plan. We also brought out a lot of people who weren't vetted in any way; that can lead to other problems down the road.

Operations like this will never be perfect...I just think that we could have done better nd the Congressional testimony seemed to support that position.