The Biden Presidency 2021

November 9th, 2021 at 12:16:17 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Mission146
Good lord. I think the only head scratcher might be his poor rating on the economy. He really doesn’t have a whole hell of a lot to do with what’s going on, but then, very few POTUS’s really do absent exceptional circumstances.

“Gas prices are going up…this guy SUCKS on the economy!” Lol

Presidents always get more credit/blame for the economy. Part of it is that they take it when it is good, even congratulating themselves on how good it is, and that leads people to believe them...and then when it falls apart a bit, the people remember that they took credit for the good times, so they must be responsible for the bad times, too. They oversell the good and then get held responsible for the bad.

There also things that they do that influence the economy a bit.

The other part of it is that appearing directionless, or being all over the place, when it comes to your job does not breed confidence in your ability to lead. President Trump decreased any chance of higher levels of support by being nasty and going off on tangents, negating some good policies. President Biden does it by being behind on almost every issue.

The Infrastructure Bill was a bipartisan win that he should have had months ago. Now people see it as a done deal and want it in action right away. Instead, he wants to have a celebratory signing when Congress comes back later on. It isn't a long delay, but when you tell people something so important and it will put people to work in "good paying union jobs" those same people want to see things start to happen.
November 9th, 2021 at 3:06:33 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I agree with pretty much all of that, except I don’t see the ceremony as such a big deal. I take your point, but they almost always have a ceremony for what they consider major legislation.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 9th, 2021 at 4:43:36 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Mission146
I agree with pretty much all of that, except I don’t see the ceremony as such a big deal. I take your point, but they almost always have a ceremony for what they consider major legislation.

I agree...big bills usually have signing ceremonies. It is just the visual of saying how important it is to get this ball rolling, after being delayed for months by the progressive caucus, then taking a week or more to make it law.

It would be better if he told them to be at the White House early the next morning and get it signed...we're putting it in motion.

It doesn't amount to much in the long run probably...but it is all about the optics. He is horrid on optics.

Rabid supporters of certain folks will say the optics aren't as important as the substance, but they are because the optics drive the reporting. The administration would do well to provide lots of information on when things start happening with infrastructure and keeping the victory fresh. The people in charge of the various programs can't sit back and wait on things to happen, they have to make things happen. Otherwise, this will be less helpful to them in the coming elections than it could be if done properly.
November 9th, 2021 at 5:13:21 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
I am about 8 pages behind, but NJ does have self service lotto machines.
November 9th, 2021 at 6:15:48 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Buttigieg, who is part of the Biden Presidency, has announced he will be using infrastructure money to correct ‘the racist highway system’. You can’t make this up! He is the guy in charge of our nation’s transportation? He gives an example of there being a highway overpass that is too low to allow buses carrying ‘Black and Puerto Rican’ kids to the beach in NYC is a clear example of racism!!!!

He is a TOTAL embarrassment!
November 9th, 2021 at 6:21:32 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Buttigieg, who is part of the Biden Presidency, has announced he will be using infrastructure money to correct ‘the racist highway system’. You can’t make this up! He is the guy in charge of our nation’s transportation? He gives an example of there being a highway overpass that is too low to allow buses carrying ‘Black and Puerto Rican’ kids to the beach in NYC is a clear example of racism!!!!

He is a TOTAL embarrassment!

What an embarrassing post
This post is a TOTAL embarrassment
Talk about white privilege and ignoring history
Highways were built using imminent domain to obtain that land
If there was a white neighborhood and black neighborhood in the way.
Which neighborhood do you think got torn down
The black neighborhood of course

Look up the construction of Dodger stadium
Very controversial how they got that land
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 9th, 2021 at 6:28:55 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
What an embarrassing post
This post is a TOTAL embarrassment
Talk about white privilege and ignoring history
Highways were built using imminent domain to obtain that land
If there was a white neighborhood and black neighborhood in the way.
Which neighborhood do you think got torn down
The black neighborhood of course

Look up the construction of Dodger stadium
Very controversial how they got that land

I truly feel bad for you Ed. I am well aware of eminent domain. But if you are unable to see that Butigieg is more interested in just pandering to the woke left, than actually using our money for something useful, I guess you can’t see the forest from the trees. Which gets me to my next point…. Google ‘Black Trees Matter’ if you want another reason to hate the government passing the infrastructure bill.
November 9th, 2021 at 6:50:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I truly feel bad for you Ed. I am well aware of eminent domain.

Has it been fair or racist?
I have not seen this story in any of my news feeds
Pretty obvious its the RIGHT, not the left, pandering to the tiniest thing to offend them then blow it out of proportion
I'm not going to Google jack
I want important stories to show up in my news feed
Not the meaningless junk you consider important like what a transportation secretary says. I just don't consider what he said is news.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 9th, 2021 at 6:59:22 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
Has it been fair or racist?
I have not seen this story in any of my news feeds
Pretty obvious its the RIGHT, not the left, pandering to the tiniest thing to offend them then blow it out of proportion
I'm not going to Google jack
I want important stories to show up in my news feed
Not the meaningless junk you consider important like what a transportation secretary says. I just don't consider what he said is news.

It showed up on my Yahoo news feed. That’s pretty much how I find all my news stuff, other than local TV news, or stuff from this forum. I consider idiocy spouted by the Transportation Secretary news, as did Yahoo. You really don’t think Biden’s cabinet members comments to be newsworthy?
November 9th, 2021 at 8:42:51 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Buttigieg, who is part of the Biden Presidency, has announced he will be using infrastructure money to correct ‘the racist highway system’.

Everywhere you turn it's nonstop, the Democrats playing the racist card. And every day I'm hearing black people in the news say it's over. The race card is dead in the water and the Democrats don't get it. It's turning people off, it turne3d voters off in Virginia. Terry McAuliffe played the race card right up to the very end and look where it got him. 4 years of the media screaming that Trump is a racist wore people out. The word racist has no meaning anymore. They're going to hear what Pete Buttcrack said and just think he's a fool. #BlackTreesMatter
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.