The Biden Presidency 2021

November 28th, 2021 at 5:24:48 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC

This thread is about the Biden Presidency; I believe he is a poor President so far. I believe his cabinet is underwhelming. Perhaps talking about those things is more relevant than dwelling in the past.

What do you want him to do?
I'm fine with Biden
Unlike you, I don't expect the President to tuck me in at night or make me happy
What exactly do you want Biden to do?????????
I was very specific with Trump. Get off Twitter. Dont say you belive Putin over our intelligence agencies. Don't take a photo of at a church after tear gassing protestors. Wear a mask. Make your family wear masks. Stop making fun of mask wearers. I can go on and on.
All I hear is general complaining which is BS
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 28th, 2021 at 5:44:10 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
What do you want him to do?
I'm fine with Biden

I wanted him to be a competent President.

Unlike you, I don't expect the President to tuck me in at night or make me happy

This is a particularly ignorant reply. This is a discussion of a Presidency. In reality, I do know he has very little bearing on the details of my life. I don't think about him every minute and don't listen for every word he says. I try to discuss the Presidency...this one...but libbies keep going to the past one. It is only important to me to the point of discussing here and in other relevant discussions.

What exactly do you want Biden to do?????????

He is having trouble reaching that low bar.

was very specific with Trump. Get off Twitter. Dont say you belive Putin over our intelligence agencies. Don't take a photo of at a church after tear gassing protestors. Wear a mask. Make your family wear masks. Stop making fun of mask wearers. I can go on and on.
All I hear is general complaining which is BS

I have made specific complaints but the libbies here do not want to discuss this President's general competence. Instead, they talk about the old days in just about every answer.

Having someone in charge of energy who does not know (even approximately) the amount of oil we use on a daily basis shows basic incompetence. If I want tot reduce something from a number to a lower number, say to pay off a bill more quickly or something, I have to know the starting number and the target number. At least in that general context applied to the greenies in power, the standard would be to know those numbers.

To have a Transportation Secretary who appears by all accounts to have gone completely underground for paternity leave (the leave is fine with me)
and has no handle on a growing crisis in his area of responsibility shows incompetence. He didn't have to to the office; all he had to do was remain in charge, get briefings, and provide guidance. Instead, it was like a light went on and suddenly they noticed a supply chain issue. The President doubled down and let us all know he thinks we aren't very smart by saying the supply chain is hard to understand. It is not hard to have a basic understanding of the supply chain. We see it in action every day with trucks rolling down the highways...

Anyway, I talk here about this stuff and not so much in other places. I only have so much time for it because I have a life to live.
November 28th, 2021 at 6:05:13 AM permalink
terapined

This is a particularly ignorant reply. This is a discussion of a Presidency. In reality, I do know he has very little bearing on the details of my life. I don't think about him every minute and don't listen for every word he says. I try to discuss the Presidency...this one...but libbies keep going to the past one. It is only important to me to the point of discussing here and in other relevant discussions.

He is having trouble reaching that low bar.

I have made specific complaints but the libbies here do not want to discuss this President's general competence. Instead, they talk about the old days in just about every answer.

Having someone in charge of energy who does not know (even approximately) the amount of oil we use on a daily basis shows basic incompetence. If I want tot reduce something from a number to a lower number, say to pay off a bill more quickly or something, I have to know the starting number and the target number. At least in that general context applied to the greenies in power, the standard would be to know those numbers.

To have a Transportation Secretary who appears by all accounts to have gone completely underground for paternity leave (the leave is fine with me)
and has no handle on a growing crisis in his area of responsibility shows incompetence. He didn't have to to the office; all he had to do was remain in charge, get briefings, and provide guidance. Instead, it was like a light went on and suddenly they noticed a supply chain issue. The President doubled down and let us all know he thinks we aren't very smart by saying the supply chain is hard to understand. It is not hard to have a basic understanding of the supply chain. We see it in action every day with trucks rolling down the highways...

Anyway, I talk here about this stuff and not so much in other places. I only have so much time for it because I have a life to live.

You typed a lot but no concrete suggestions
Let's take energy. What exactly do you want the the WH to do. I thought the gotcha question was meaningless.
What do you want the WH to do ???????????
Transportation
What do you want the WH to do exactly
So what if Pete was on leave
What exactly do you want the Transportation dept to do?
I believe in capitalism
I don't believe in government intervention into business
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 28th, 2021 at 6:06:05 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The Fed poured money into the economy by creating money and increasing its total assets by 300% over the past fourteen years. Great for the stock market, which is now a debt driven barometer of liquidity, rather than a barometer of the macro economy. It is impossible to contain inflation with that kind of increase. Which is why Powell now describes the inflation as ‘persisting’ instead of 'transitory'. Add more inflationary pressure with Biden’s multi-trillion dollar spending programs. It could be a lot worse. The only thing preventing still higher inflation, is the declining velocity of money. The rate at which money changes hands. Which is nearly flat-lining. The current supply chain problem on the west coast is slowing MV.

November 28th, 2021 at 6:22:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Prices aren't suppose to stabilize until mid-summer. I'm just watching to see what happens until then.

I haven't heard a prediction of when the shipping backup will be cleared up. Seems Ron knows what the Transportation secretary has been doing every minute. Well, I don't. Haven't seen any shortages of note here.

No indictments in this administration. No scandals of merit. Haven't had a single worry about extreme distortion of facts or democracy from the current resident. Just the usual spinning by both sides.

The direction of this administration on everything I really care about is almost dead on. We'll see how it goes with some of the problem areas.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 28th, 2021 at 6:30:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Some want Biden to be responsible for people not listening to public health for 2 years on the coronovirus which is almost the same advice the entire time. F... that.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 28th, 2021 at 7:23:08 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
You spent four years (or so) with a signature line about a supposed pee tape. You spent four years bashing a President. A President that I also criticized more than a few times. He was not perfect.

Now you answer a post about the current President by referring to the past President. Is it because there is nothing that can be said in defense of his Presidency? I am sure I gave you enough room to do that by mentioning some name calling heard often. Or maybe it is all you have. Who knows?

This thread is about the Biden Presidency; I believe he is a poor President so far. I believe his cabinet is underwhelming. Perhaps talking about those things is more relevant than dwelling in the past.

I don’t feel any need to defend Biden here to our bitter righties. He is doing a fine job.

You are the one who criticizes him for stuff like not being able to convince delusional Trumpsters to get the vaccine - something no one on planet earth would ever be able to accomplish (not even Donny himself, he tried once at that rally and got booed). Makes me take all of your criticisms of him with a grain of salt.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 29th, 2021 at 4:22:49 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
I don’t feel any need to defend Biden here to our bitter righties. He is doing a fine job.

You are the one who criticizes him for stuff like not being able to convince delusional Trumpsters to get the vaccine - something no one on planet earth would ever be able to accomplish (not even Donny himself, he tried once at that rally and got booed). Makes me take all of your criticisms of him with a grain of salt.

Libbies have totally ignored the point of my posts regarding the President's ineptness at helping improve the vaccination rate without coercion (mandates).

I have acknowledged that some people on the right side object to, and refuse to get, the vaccine. However, that ignores many others that are still looking at the science and are on the fence. The President does nothing to reach out to them and at least attempt to help them move towards vaccination. Meanwhile, the President you demean and any other Republicans continually tell people to get the vaccine; they object to mandates, not the vaccine.

So you don't care about those people, but President Biden said he was going to be a uniter. You guys never really say that, so it is not something you promised; it is something the President promised.

There are other people with vaccine hesitancy. Minorities. The people the Democrats will tell you they care more than anyone else about. Until they get their expected 80% of the vote. Then the Left, represented by President Biden, ignores their vaccine hesitancy and the lefties just say the hesitancy is all Trumpers. This is a specific area he could speak to using the bully pulpit. Maybe they are doing a little outreach, but far too little.

I will acknowledge that they have put money into the effort. Money is not the issue. It is the President doing appearances, bring the scientists, bringing the facts, etc. into the communities. I think he has failed at that. Look at the limited number of appearances he makes and what he does during those appearances.

Minorities are suffering huge losses from Covid. More than the right leaning folks you lefties like to call "Trumpers" (though vaccine refusal is something Trump speaks against), these are the people I have been speaking about him not working hard enough to help.
November 29th, 2021 at 4:33:39 AM permalink
RonC
You typed a lot but no concrete suggestions
Let's take energy. What exactly do you want the the WH to do. I thought the gotcha question was meaningless.
What do you want the WH to do ???????????

The Secretary of Energy should easily be able to tell us how much oil we use now and how they plan to reduce that consumption with policies that don't hurt the average American. This is simple stuff...know your job and be able to articulate where you are trying to lead the country in your area of responsibility. Tell us what you are doing to help they issue.

Instead, she laughs about it.

Lefties accept that as good leadership.

Transportation
What do you want the WH to do exactly
So what if Pete was on leave
What exactly do you want the Transportation dept to do?

The Administration was far behind on actions to help work out as many issues as they could with the supply chain. They have the information; they needed to formulate plans to do what the government could do--negotiating the longer hours of opening, loosening regulations on truckers to allow more movement of goods, helping with alternative ports, etc.

These are things they are doing NOW but did little with as the crisis built.

It is the job of the Secretary of Transportation (or his stand in, if he is out of office...but he is still ultimately responsible for everything that happens or fails to happen in his department) to stay ahead of the game and present ideas to the President before the President comes out and just says that the supply chain is hard to understand. The nuances may be hard, but it is the crux of the issue is very basic and most people "get it"...it is getting goods to market.

I believe in capitalism
I don't believe in government intervention into business

Government ALWAYs interferes with business. Are you actually serious? The government is in everything and is now trying to pass a bill to get further into things. I believe that the government does too much and is in too many things, but they appoint these Secretaries, and spend billions on their departments, so the government should at least try to make things better without hindering things too much.
November 29th, 2021 at 6:50:36 AM permalink
terapined
Libbies have totally ignored the point of my posts regarding the President's ineptness at helping improve the vaccination rate without coercion (mandates).

There is nothing he can do
How many people in the country base there vaccine decision on the President himself
I certainly did not
I tune out All politicians regarding my health
I listen to my DR and the medical community
I don't listen to a single politician regarding my health
There is nothing he can do
Anti vaccine movement has free speech and they are using it to ruin lives.
We can't shut down the anti vaxxers on Fox
What do you exactly want the President to do?
I repeat this question over and over because I see a lot of blah blah blah complaining but no exact actions you want Biden to take.
How exactly can Biden unite the country
Its literally impossible

I only expect the Government to protect my rights. Thats it. Period.