The Biden Presidency 2021

November 29th, 2021 at 6:56:12 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Libbies have totally ignored the point of my posts regarding the President's ineptness at helping improve the vaccination rate without coercion (mandates).

I have acknowledged that some people on the right side object to, and refuse to get, the vaccine. However, that ignores many others that are still looking at the science and are on the fence. The President does nothing to reach out to them and at least attempt to help them move towards vaccination. Meanwhile, the President you demean and any other Republicans continually tell people to get the vaccine; they object to mandates, not the vaccine.

So you don't care about those people, but President Biden said he was going to be a uniter. You guys never really say that, so it is not something you promised; it is something the President promised.

There are other people with vaccine hesitancy. Minorities. The people the Democrats will tell you they care more than anyone else about. Until they get their expected 80% of the vote. Then the Left, represented by President Biden, ignores their vaccine hesitancy and the lefties just say the hesitancy is all Trumpers. This is a specific area he could speak to using the bully pulpit. Maybe they are doing a little outreach, but far too little.

I will acknowledge that they have put money into the effort. Money is not the issue. It is the President doing appearances, bring the scientists, bringing the facts, etc. into the communities. I think he has failed at that. Look at the limited number of appearances he makes and what he does during those appearances.

Minorities are suffering huge losses from Covid. More than the right leaning folks you lefties like to call "Trumpers" (though vaccine refusal is something Trump speaks against), these are the people I have been speaking about him not working hard enough to help.

Sorry, but this is a whole lot of words conveying absolutely nothing.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-october-2021/

Check out figure 6 at the link. 2% of Democrats say they’ll never get vaccinated. 31% of Republicans say they never will.

Why are you so focused on the 2%?

And 9% of black adults say they never will, compared to 19% of white adults. RIP to a whole lotta right wing talking points.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 29th, 2021 at 7:16:36 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Sorry, but this is a whole lot of words conveying absolutely nothing.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-october-2021/

Check out figure 6 at the link. 2% of Democrats say they’ll never get vaccinated. 31% of Republicans say they never will.

Why are you so focused on the 2%?

And 9% of black adults say they never will, compared to 19% of white adults. RIP to a whole lotta right wing talking points.

That 31% of Republicans are dumb and living in a fantasy world. These are people that refuse to deal with reality. I walked through an anti vaccine protest. These people are insane. They had hand written anti vaccine signs with professionally made "Trump Won" banners. Not only do they believe Trump won but insist it was a landslide. Even EB believes the landslide nonsense. You can't fix stupid.
Everybody on the left on this board is grounded in reality. Can't say that about our members on the right here.
Telling
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 29th, 2021 at 7:42:37 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined

Everybody on the left on this board is grounded in reality.

"An oxymoron is a figure of speech that combines two contradictory terms." Cambridge English Dictionary
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 29th, 2021 at 7:57:35 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman
"An oxymoron is a figure of speech that combines two contradictory terms." Cambridge English Dictionary

Biden won
Thats a fact
Its some on the right here on this board that can't deal with that simple fact
I accept facts. Many on the right can't accept the fact that Biden won
Tellling
Do you think Biden won?
Kind of sad that I have to ask that question
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 29th, 2021 at 11:31:05 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: kenarman

+100
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 29th, 2021 at 1:24:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Dems Consider ‘Nuclear Option’ to Boot Kamala from White House

"Harris was such a terrible presidential candidate, she dropped out before even a single vote was taken. She dropped out before Marianne Williamson. Biden only chose her as a cheap and easy way to “make history” with the pick of the first woman and the first black vice president. Outside of those meaningless qualities, the woman is a useless incompetent."
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 29th, 2021 at 1:42:52 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Evenbob
Dems Consider ‘Nuclear Option’ to Boot Kamala from White House

"Harris was such a terrible presidential candidate, she dropped out before even a single vote was taken. She dropped out before Marianne Williamson. Biden only chose her as a cheap and easy way to “make history” with the pick of the first woman and the first black vice president. Outside of those meaningless qualities, the woman is a useless incompetent."

I see an article or two mentioning this kind of things.

The death of a political party is often projected after a loss or a projected loss. I think all this talk should be of little concern to Republicans. They need to focus on running solid campaigns in every competitive race and taking back the House and, hopefully, the Senate. Getting overly cocky at this point is a recipe for falling short of the goal of sending Nancy off to the land of less taxes and beautiful beaches.

I blame the loss of the Senate in the last election squarely on President Trump. His need to be the story and his continued complaining about the stolen election issue every minute of every day gave a narrow opening for the Democrats to take both seats in Georgia. I am not saying that he should not have pursued issues he thought needed to be taken up in various venues, but the election was over and, without any workable challenges, he was out of real options. I am not in favor of him running again; I don't think we need a another 78 year old President and we certainly an 82 year old one...
November 29th, 2021 at 3:06:13 PM permalink
Evenbob

This is the stuff you'll never see on CNN or MSNBC. Captain Poopypants has a lower poll number then the lowest governor in the United States. In 15 states he's polling under 30%. In one state it's 18%. The other 15 states it's mostly in the mid-20s. This is incredible that just a year ago Mr Poopy was so loved by the American people that they gave him more votes than anybody ever got in history. Now you will say Trump people voted for him. No they didn't , if that were true Trump would not have gotten more votes than any sitting president in history. There would have been a low turnout for Trump in a high turnout for Biden. Not an extremely high turnout for both of them. It's obvious to anybody with half a brain that this election was stolen. Nobody liked Captain Poopypants a year ago and they like him even less now. Because of what they did the Democrats screwed themselves royally for 2022 and they know it. Listen to them talk, they're not even desperate anymore. They know what's coming and they know there's nothing they can do about it. Democrats in record number are choosing not to run in the House next year because they know they're going to get defeated.
November 29th, 2021 at 3:39:12 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
EB, in many ways you seem rational and reasonably clear-thinking EXCEPT when it comes to politics.

Please, get the help you need to have the delusion currently embedded in your brain removed, you know, your belief that the election was stolen.

Get help, it will make for a better board.
November 29th, 2021 at 3:59:33 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: missedhervee
EB, in many ways you seem rational and reasonably clear-thinking EXCEPT when it comes to politics.

Please, get the help you need to have the delusion currently embedded in your brain removed, you know, your belief that the election was stolen.

Get help, it will make for a better board.

EB passes Trumps primary test
To get Trumps endorsement, you have to convince Trump that you truly believe Trump won in a landslide
Policy has absolutely nothing to do with getting Trumps endorsement
The Murkowski test in Alaska will be very interesting