The Biden Presidency 2021

January 10th, 2021 at 8:28:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Sounds good! We'll have to schedule that for the relatively near future. It'll be a black coffee for me or dark espresso. I don't drink anymore and only drink coffee or coffee-related things black. I'll also take a cup of hot Earl Grey or Irish Breakfast Tea with nothing added.

Get on YouTube and learn to make Starbucks drinks. I did what I thought I would never do and bought an espresso maker. I have saved twice the drink prices at least.

Quote:
It's really this simple: If you think the other team is cheating, then cheat better. The GOP (and Trump) had absolutely no reason to discourage mail-in voting. None. Zero. No actual party worker/member/officeholder of any kind should discourage any form of voting.

The reason why is because the Democrats have been keeping the rolls padded for decades. Rolls should be regularly purged of voters who have not voted for 5 years. Additionally if someone has always voted absentee for that period and not shown up at the actual polls. Democrats fight this to the death. Why? Well, we just saw why in November.

Quote:
Was that at Star Lake? I heard the name is going to be Star Lake again, which is good, because everyone still calls it that anyway.

This was before Star Lake opened. At Three Rivers or Civic Arena. I worked at the grocery store then, nowhere near the place and we had some deadheads stopping in to buy this or that. The headline later ran "Officer Cleared of Kicking 'Dead' Fan" which I was going to send to Leno.

Years later they had undercover cops among the fans. One of those guys who remember you at homecoming but you don't remember; I was talking with one. He said he and a partner were sitting and trying to blend in and some guy in a compact pickup slows down, points, and says, "let me guess? Undercover?!" Somehow they were made that easy.
The President is a fink.
January 10th, 2021 at 8:37:56 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Get on YouTube and learn to make Starbucks drinks. I did what I thought I would never do and bought an espresso maker. I have saved twice the drink prices at least.

No need. I have the recipe for black coffee down cold. As long as I don't ever forget to put the filter in, it's smooth sailing.

Quote:
The reason why is because the Democrats have been keeping the rolls padded for decades. Rolls should be regularly purged of voters who have not voted for 5 years. Additionally if someone has always voted absentee for that period and not shown up at the actual polls. Democrats fight this to the death. Why? Well, we just saw why in November.

Five years seems pretty arbitrary. Honestly, if someone voted in a given Presidential Election and not again for the following three years, I'd have no problem with them needing to reestablish themselves as a voter at some point in the year of, but prior to, the following POTUS Election.

As to the rest, even if accepted as 100% true, does not constitute, "Widespread voter fraud," under any legal definition. The states have the authority to decide these things for themselves as long as they otherwise comport with the Constitution...which actually says very little about actual voting procedures. From there, the states can choose to delegate some of the specifics to County Boards of Elections.

Plenty of time for states to challenge other states' voting laws that they don't like in the interim. Specifically, four years. I don't know why a state would ever do that because, in general, I see relative state sovereignty as a good thing. I wish there was more of it in other matters. The POTUS Election, if the states had maximum possible sovereignty as Constitutionally possible, wouldn't even be that big of a deal.

Quote:
This was before Star Lake opened. At Three Rivers or Civic Arena. I worked at the grocery store then, nowhere near the place and we had some deadheads stopping in to buy this or that. The headline later ran "Officer Cleared of Kicking 'Dead' Fan" which I was going to send to Leno.

Years later they had undercover cops among the fans. One of those guys who remember you at homecoming but you don't remember; I was talking with one. He said he and a partner were sitting and trying to blend in and some guy in a compact pickup slows down, points, and says, "let me guess? Undercover?!" Somehow they were made that easy.

Ha! Do you remember when Reel Big Fish came into the area? I was working at the hotel and we went from about 50% to sold out in about two hours starting at something like 11:00p.m. I called the other hotel, "Quick, kill online booking! Either kill it or double the rates!" They caught me asleep at the wheel on that one, but only three rooms (or so) got to walk-in at sub sell out rates...good thing one of the people mentioned where they were coming from.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 10th, 2021 at 9:23:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
So you do not have evidence before you prosecute someone? I think you may need to take a law course or two.

Not admissible.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 10th, 2021 at 10:29:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
No need. I have the recipe for black coffee down cold. As long as I don't ever forget to put the filter in, it's smooth sailing.

Five years seems pretty arbitrary. Honestly, if someone voted in a given Presidential Election and not again for the following three years, I'd have no problem with them needing to reestablish themselves as a voter at some point in the year of, but prior to, the following POTUS Election.

Any number will seem arbitrary. Average person moves every 5 years of so thus a good number to go with.

Quote:
Ha! Do you remember when Reel Big Fish came into the area? I was working at the hotel and we went from about 50% to sold out in about two hours starting at something like 11:00p.m. I called the other hotel, "Quick, kill online booking! Either kill it or double the rates!" They caught me asleep at the wheel on that one, but only three rooms (or so) got to walk-in at sub sell out rates...good thing one of the people mentioned where they were coming from.

Can't say as I do. This was well before even Prodigy, or even the term "online" was known. Before this I had never really heard about the deadhead culture all that much. But it was so bad there was even a "LA Law" about some woman divorcing her loser husband who just wanted to follow the band.

I am surprised the hotel did not have better load factoring in their software.
The President is a fink.
January 12th, 2021 at 1:22:11 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

I am surprised the hotel did not have better load factoring in their software.

The franchise software has you do all that sort of stuff manually. I wouldn't have it any other way, except being able to have it adjust upward in real time (preset) based on ACTUAL occupancy would have been nice.

Most special events we would have were multiple days, so I'd pretty much close almost everything off to online and have them call directly. The reason for that is because then you get a group contract with unfavorable cancellation terms (for them) and a deposit.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 14th, 2021 at 9:58:31 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
What took so long? https://jonathanturley.org/2021/01/14/georgia-rep-pledges-to-file-articles-of-impeachment-against-joe-biden/
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 14th, 2021 at 10:03:46 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph

ROTFL
Whats next?
She gonna expose the child pedophile ring run by Dems and headed by Hillary Clinton
There is always one clown that manages to get into the House
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 14th, 2021 at 1:21:43 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: petroglyph

The problem being that they don't have a majority in the House, otherwise, Biden would almost certainly be the next POTUS to be impeached. Just trading one nonsensical Impeachment (the first one) for another.

Two wrongs always make a right, just ask any politician.
January 14th, 2021 at 1:37:53 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
The problem being that they don't have a majority in the House, otherwise, Biden would almost certainly be the next POTUS to be impeached. Just trading one nonsensical Impeachment (the first one) for another.

Two wrongs always make a right, just ask any politician.

Let’s have another bet. I will bet you any amount you can afford that if the Republicans take the house in 2022 (unlikely, but possible) that Biden is not impeached before 1/20/2025. Bet is only active if Republicans have majority after 2022 election, and Biden is still President on 1/1 2023.
January 14th, 2021 at 1:43:51 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: SOOPOO
Let’s have another bet. I will bet you any amount you can afford that if the Republicans take the house in 2022 (unlikely, but possible) that Biden is not impeached before 1/20/2025. Bet is only active if Republicans have majority after 2022 election, and Biden is still President on 1/1 2023.

No bet. My post was pretty ill-conceived.