fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Reaction to racist bidumb claiming black people have trouble with the internet

Let's go Brandon
February 21st, 2021 at 5:00:40 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
They're probably not allowed to have indoor dining, which would explain expanding into the streets. A documentary I watched on San Francisco restaurant owners during the pandemic would tell a different story, but could be misleading or lying, how would I really know?

I was in San Francisco about six months ago and I didn't run across a single bar or restaurant doing indoor seating. Many of the streets were closed and restaurants set up seating in the streets. I actually like it but the weather was still good then.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 22nd, 2021 at 4:49:17 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
I was in San Francisco about six months ago and I didn't run across a single bar or restaurant doing indoor seating. Many of the streets were closed and restaurants set up seating in the streets. I actually like it but the weather was still good then.

My understanding from the documentary was that they couldn't have indoor dining basically all of last year. They also talked to a restaurant owner who, at one point, even was made to 86 his outdoor dining...but then somewhere right across the street was allowed to have outdoor dining because either the city or state owns the physical property of that restaurant.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 22nd, 2021 at 5:45:27 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
February 22nd, 2021 at 9:41:39 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
My understanding from the documentary was that they couldn't have indoor dining basically all of last year. They also talked to a restaurant owner who, at one point, even was made to 86 his outdoor dining...but then somewhere right across the street was allowed to have outdoor dining because either the city or state owns the physical property of that restaurant.

I view it as classic supply and demand
I could care less what CDC or science says
I used to eat at the bar all the time.
Favorite spot in a restaurant.
I will probably never eat at a bar again in my life
I am not alone
I still support restaurants, take out or outdoor dining
Times have changed
If you cant have outdoor dining, you picked the wrong place to have a restaurant
You have to adapt to changing times and the changing business environments.
Its always been that way.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 22nd, 2021 at 9:46:30 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Tanko

I would be thrilled if Biden checked in with Obama every night like Kennedy called his father every night
Obama is one of the most brilliant minds in the country. Use him.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 23rd, 2021 at 3:55:17 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: terapined
I view it as classic supply and demand
I could care less what CDC or science says
I used to eat at the bar all the time.
Favorite spot in a restaurant.
I will probably never eat at a bar again in my life
I am not alone
I still support restaurants, take out or outdoor dining
Times have changed
If you cant have outdoor dining, you picked the wrong place to have a restaurant
You have to adapt to changing times and the changing business environments.
Its always been that way.

It has nothing to do with supply and demand when the indoor dining is shutdown by Government mandate. Supply and demand would be people choosing, of their own volition entirely, not to eat indoors anymore.

Also, in what world did they, "Pick the wrong place to have a restaurant"? Are you really saying that they should have purchased or leased a physical property with enough outside space just in case there would be a pandemic one day by which the Government would ban indoor dining for a time?

Aren't you in favor of expanding social safety nets? Why is it that the restaurants should have planned better re: outdoor dining space, but those in favor of restricting social safety nets can't make the argument that the beneficiaries of said nets, "Didn't plan well enough," or, "Didn't work hard enough?"

Again, if some restaurants go under just because people don't want to eat inside, then it is what it is.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 23rd, 2021 at 7:22:33 AM permalink
terapined
It has nothing to do with supply and demand when the indoor dining is shutdown by Government mandate. Supply and demand would be people choosing, of their own volition entirely, not to eat indoors anymore.

Also, in what world did they, "Pick the wrong place to have a restaurant"? Are you really saying that they should have purchased or leased a physical property with enough outside space just in case there would be a pandemic one day by which the Government would ban indoor dining for a time?

Aren't you in favor of expanding social safety nets? Why is it that the restaurants should have planned better re: outdoor dining space, but those in favor of restricting social safety nets can't make the argument that the beneficiaries of said nets, "Didn't plan well enough," or, "Didn't work hard enough?"

Again, if some restaurants go under just because people don't want to eat inside, then it is what it is.

You have a business
You need your eye on the future
And
You protect your business with insurance
Pandemic insurance
Wimbledon Tennis tournament bought it to protect their business
February 23rd, 2021 at 8:45:19 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: terapined

You have a business
You need your eye on the future
And
You protect your business with insurance
Pandemic insurance
Wimbledon Tennis tournament bought it to protect their business

Okay, and many on the Right would argue that individuals can protect themselves by saving money, whenever possible and only buying anything when you have the cash to do so.

Besides that, the margins on a restaurant are razor-thin, especially if you're a small business owner who owns an individual restaurant. Who had heard of pandemic insurance two years ago? I surely hadn't. I wonder what kind of hoops a restaurant would have to jump through to get them to pay out...probably depends on the insurance company in question.

I have an even better idea---it's totally out of left field, so get ready: Don't shut down indoor dining and let people make their own decisions about what they consider safe! What a novel concept.

Instead of pandemic insurance, they should start selling, "Government insurance." That would be insurance that you take out that protects your business when the Government capriciously decides to shut it down for no good reason.

Also, what about all of the employees of the restaurants? It's not just about the ownership.
February 23rd, 2021 at 6:58:10 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Even THEY know nobody’s home: Dozens of House Dems call on Biden to relinquish sole authority to launch nuclear weapons

Quote:
You know it’s bad when even Democrats are starting to admit Biden, who has been president for just over a month, is not doing well mentally. Why else would three DOZEN House Democrats ask him to give up his sole authority to launch nuclear weapons?
Let's go Brandon