The Biden Presidency 2021

April 6th, 2021 at 11:13:46 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
This ain't aging well
Trump during the campaign last fall
"Under Biden the stock market would crash"
I'm hoping for the dow to hit 40k by the end of Bidens Presidency
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 6th, 2021 at 12:19:42 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Nothing good can come of pushing Ukraine into war with Russia. http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2021/april/05/why-is-the-biden-administration-pushing-ukraine-to-attack-russia/
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 6th, 2021 at 12:20:39 PM permalink
petroglyph
double post
April 6th, 2021 at 12:42:56 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph

On the flip side
We should not be afraid to support Ukraine and not be afraid to let leader for life Putin know that.
Trump played weak checkers against Putins superior chess
We finally have a chess player on our side.
Let's see how this plays out.
Putin had a strong hand because he knew Trump wouldn't do jack
Putin's hand is now weaker because Biden is President instead of Trump who he had in his pocket
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 6th, 2021 at 1:28:02 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: terapined
On the flip side
We should not be afraid to support Ukraine and not be afraid to let leader for life Putin know that.
Trump played weak checkers against Putins superior chess
We finally have a chess player on our side.
Let's see how this plays out.
Putin had a strong hand because he knew Trump wouldn't do jack
Putin's hand is now weaker because Biden is President instead of Trump who he had in his pocket
I don't think you know who you are supporting.
April 6th, 2021 at 1:33:04 PM permalink
terapined

Lol
You are right
I dont follow this closely
But
I am confident the Secretary of State is making the right moves. I did not have that confidence in Pompeo
April 6th, 2021 at 4:54:01 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

Russia took over part of the Ukraine after the 2014 Olympics on Obama's watch. Things were actually relatively quiet between Russia and Ukraine under Trump. Russia is now getting more aggressive since Trump left because they want more territory that belongs to Ukraine, all of the country if they could get it. Trump was a wild card and other countries were scared to act because they didn't know what he would do. Like it or not other countries toed the line while he was president.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 6th, 2021 at 5:20:50 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: kenarman
Russia took over part of the Ukraine after the 2014 Olympics on Obama's watch. Things were actually relatively quiet between Russia and Ukraine under Trump. Russia is now getting more aggressive since Trump left because they want more territory that belongs to Ukraine, all of the country if they could get it. Trump was a wild card and other countries were scared to act because they didn't know what he would do. Like it or not other countries toed the line while he was president.

I am baffled that people think that this is a good thing.
April 6th, 2021 at 5:56:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler
Quote: kenarman

I am baffled that people think that this is a good thing.

It's not.

If a leader plays his strength as an unstable nutcase (not hard for Trump), then sooner or later he's going to have to back it up and do something stupid or awful, or both.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 6th, 2021 at 6:49:08 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Pacomartin
Also one of the youngest.

42 years, Theodore Roosevelt 322 days # 26
43 years, John F. Kennedy 236 days # 35
46 years, Bill Clinton 154 days # 42
47 years, Barack Obama 169 days # 44
51 years, Calvin Coolidge 29 days # 30
51 years, Franklin D. Roosevelt 33 days # 32
51 years, William Howard Taft 170 days # 27
52 years, Jimmy Carter 111 days # 39
54 years, William McKinley 34 days # 25
54 years, George W. Bush 198 days # 43
54 years, Herbert Hoover 206 days # 31
55 years, Lyndon B. Johnson 87 days # 36
55 years, Warren G. Harding 122 days # 29
56 years, Richard Nixon 11 days # 37
56 years, Woodrow Wilson 66 days # 28
60 years, Harry S. Truman 339 days # 33
61 years, Gerald Ford 26 days # 38
62 years, Dwight D. Eisenhower 98 days # 34
64 years, George H. W. Bush 222 days # 41
69 years, Ronald Reagan 349 days # 40
70 years, Donald Trump 220 days # 45
78 years, Joe Biden 61 days # 46

That is a good point, but even younger Presidents like JFK were probably less healthy (especially by modern standards, he was a heavy smoker which was not an issue at the time, of course as he died due to external issues we will never know how old he would live). Roosevelt is a good example of younger President in peak shape (though did have some medical conditions), though he was before Truman.

I think if nothing else it is safe to assume that President Obama will outlive President Trump (in age, not in year of death). President Obama (short of an external death) will probably live longer than any other President in recent history. President Carter may give him a run for his money (another extremely healthy President, even for his time).

Heck, President Trump may not outlive President Jackson, a President who was incredibly unhealthy and had a habit of dueling and rash decisions, and was shot and stabbed several times (in the early 1800s, so he did even not have the benefit of the medical technologies today that can treat even traumatic bone spurs)....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_presidents_of_the_United_States_by_age