The Biden Presidency 2021

April 12th, 2021 at 8:41:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Thanks to that puppet Biden, they detained and released 171,000 illegals on the border last month. The highest total in seventeen years. No one knows how many thousands more crossed unseen. Every one of them is a burden to the taxpayers in every state and municipality they reside in.

We need these people
I see help wanted signs everywhere
Welcome to America
What country did your family immigrate from Tanko
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 12th, 2021 at 9:58:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
We need these people
Welcome to America

Quote:
The economic impact of undocumented immigrants in the United States is challenging to measure, and politically contentious. Research shows that undocumented immigrants increase the size of the U.S. economy/contribute to economic growth, enhance the welfare of natives, contribute more in tax revenue than they collect, reduce American firms' incentives to offshore jobs and import foreign-produced goods, and benefit consumers by reducing the prices of goods and services.[1][2][3][4] Economists estimate that legalization of the undocumented immigrant population would increase the immigrants' earnings and consumption considerably, and increase U.S. gross domestic product.[5][6][7][8]

That’s from a wiki article Economic impact of illegal immigration.

Wiki may be written by the public at large, but it does provide links to source material if one wants to challenge it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 12th, 2021 at 10:44:43 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
We need these people
Welcome to America

Just plain idiotic. If we ‘need’ these people, let them come in legally, not having them be dumped over a wall as children! We have a friend who is a LEGAL immigrant from Mexico. How can you think it is a good thing that TENS OF THOUSANDS of CHILDREN are here now without their parents? What is wrong with the Biden agenda that makes it a good idea to have someone throw your kid over a wall?
April 12th, 2021 at 11:47:28 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
What is wrong with the Biden agenda that makes it a good idea to have someone throw your kid over a wall?

Damn you Biden for getting America back on track and making it seem enticing again!

Let’s go back to the Trump years of turning America into a giant shithole!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 12th, 2021 at 12:17:38 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Damn you Biden for getting America back on track and making it seem enticing again!

Let’s go back to the Trump years of turning America into a giant shithole!

Pre COVID Trump had America on track for the strongest economy in its history by most metrics. But they also had a better (not perfect!) way of keeping out the hundreds of thousands of illegals wanting to breach our borders. Biden has not gotten America back on track, unless you consider ‘on track’ having 20,000 kids in cages at the border.
April 12th, 2021 at 12:38:54 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Pre COVID Trump had America on track for the strongest economy in its history by most metrics. But they also had a better (not perfect!) way of keeping out the hundreds of thousands of illegals wanting to breach our borders. Biden has not gotten America back on track, unless you consider ‘on track’ having 20,000 kids in cages at the border.

lol I seem to remember most righties creaming their jeans over the idea of kids in cages at the border when Donny was running things. What changed?!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 12th, 2021 at 12:55:41 PM permalink
terapined
Biden has not gotten America back on track, unless you consider ‘on track’ having 20,000 kids in cages at the border.

Its a small regional story that conservative news will convince you is destroying America
I'm smart enough not to buy that con
America is back on track
Thank You Obama for doing the ground work to get the economy going during the Trump years
No thank you Trump. You almost destroyed the economy with your bungled virus response
Thank you Joe Biden for having stock market record highs. Keep it up.
I follow the market very closely
Dow is holding pretty steady at the record high
But
I'm still going up because the terapined stocks owned average is up .25% today
Damm straight America is on track
My comfort level depends on the market and I am pretty comfortable
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 12th, 2021 at 2:16:51 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Just plain idiotic. If we ‘need’ these people, let them come in legally, not having them be dumped over a wall as children! We have a friend who is a LEGAL immigrant from Mexico. How can you think it is a good thing that TENS OF THOUSANDS of CHILDREN are here now without their parents? What is wrong with the Biden agenda that makes it a good idea to have someone throw your kid over a wall?

You have a friend who is a LEGAL immigrant from Mexico? Cool.

I have a wife who is a LEGAL immigrant from Ecuador. It only took her 3 years to get US citizenship from application. No big deal.

Unless, of course, you're fleeing for your life. Then maybe time is of the essence.

But I'm glad that you have a friend who is from Mexico. You soooooooooooooooo can relate now. Let me guess, your black friend has never had a problem with police at a traffic stop?
April 12th, 2021 at 2:37:05 PM permalink
terapined
April 12th, 2021 at 3:57:38 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Biden has been one of the most boring Presidents in history while quietly getting things done. This makes me happy. The fact that people are finding obscure things to be outraged about should show how good things are going.