The Biden Presidency 2021

April 16th, 2021 at 12:08:49 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Biden essentially adopts Trump policy of unconditional withdrawal from Afghanistan, albeit a few months later.
Biden will keep the current refuge cap set my Trump of 15,000 for this fiscal year. It was ~85,000 in 2016. Biden pledged ~62,000 during the campaign. Trumpers should love this guy.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
April 16th, 2021 at 12:36:38 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: Tanko
Stupid is blindly supporting any bill without first knowing what is in it.

Stupid is believing the Trump tax cuts paid for themselves. They didn't. Stupid is believing trickle down economics works. It doesn't. The wealth hasn't trickled down. Instead, it's been concentrated at the top. But yet, you have an entire political party that still spews this bulls**t.

Ron Wyden's presentation today DESTROYED the Trump corporate tax cuts that you maintain are so sacred and must be protected. What a ridiculous position to take when the data CLEARY says that our corporate taxes, as a percentage of our economy, is ridiculously low. A couple highlights:

1) From 2000 to 2016, corporate tax receipts average around 1.7% of our GDP.

2) Immediately after the Trump tax cuts, corporate tax revenues as a percentage of GDP dropped nearly 40% below that modern average.

3) In 2018, the first year after the GOP tax cuts, the US was LAST in corporate tax revenues as a share of GDP of all countries in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

Put simply, TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS IS BULLS**T.
April 16th, 2021 at 12:55:07 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: JimRockford
Biden will keep the current refuge cap set my Trump of 15,000 for this fiscal year.

Get real.

With 400,000 future democrats encountered at the border and released since January, Biden is blowing that 15,000 refugee limit every two days. That number doesn't count the thousands more that have slipped past the border patrol.
April 16th, 2021 at 1:32:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Get real.

With 400,000 future democrats encountered at the border and released since January, Biden is blowing that 15,000 refugee limit every two days. That number doesn't count the thousands more that have slipped past the border patrol.

Yup, last election, I loaded up my semi-truck, packed full of illegal immigrants, most who couldn’t speak English, and dropped them off in front of a polling place where they passed as real ‘Mericans without ID and they all voted for Biden, twice or three times. Democrats gave them water in line to drink.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 16th, 2021 at 2:35:57 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JimRockford
Biden essentially adopts Trump policy of unconditional withdrawal from Afghanistan, albeit a few months later.
Biden will keep the current refuge cap set my Trump of 15,000 for this fiscal year. It was ~85,000 in 2016. Biden pledged ~62,000 during the campaign. Trumpers should love this guy.

They’re already backtracking on that and promising more this year. New numbers to be announced by May 15.

Somewhere Stephen Miller sheds a single tear down his creepy face...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 16th, 2021 at 7:41:57 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Get real.

Yup, last election, I loaded up my semi-truck, packed full of illegal immigrants, most who couldn’t speak English, and dropped them off in front of a polling place where they passed as real ‘Mericans without ID and they all voted for Biden, twice or three times. Democrats gave them water in line to drink.

Reading comprehension issue? Tanko used the word ‘future’. Do you possibly actually not know that the Democrat machine is counting on illegal aliens eventually being granted citizenship and thus adding to the Democrat rolls? You think they will split 50-50? Or do you think Pelosi/Shumer/Harris/Biden don’t want to find a ‘path to citizenship’ for virtually all illegal aliens?
April 16th, 2021 at 8:25:30 PM permalink
rxwine
The only time I hear about any intentional plan to bring illegals in so we have more Democrats is from fearmongering rightwingers. I guess it must be super top secret, because I've never heard any plan discussed by actual Democrat leaders.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 17th, 2021 at 4:52:57 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The only time I hear about any intentional plan to bring illegals in so we have more Democrats is from fearmongering rightwingers. I guess it must be super top secret, because I've never heard any plan discussed by actual Democrat leaders.

It’s a super secret Dem plan that only righties know about.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 17th, 2021 at 5:06:28 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

I have to assume this is a joke. I have heard ‘path to citizenship’ more times than I can remember. But deny the obvious. It’s what Democrats do....
April 17th, 2021 at 5:35:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
I have to assume this is a joke. I have heard ‘path to citizenship’ more times than I can remember. But deny the obvious. It’s what Democrats do....

Oddly enough, the Democrats and the left have enough to worry about trying to keep the right from inhibiting the votes of our legal citizens.