Republican Nominee 2024

Page 15 of 16« First<1213141516>
June 4th, 2022 at 4:58:46 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I think I'm going to have to start keeping note of this.

Quote:
DeSantis lashed out at Big Bird when he dared to do public service messages encouraging vaccinations, went all out after Disney for expressing their free speech rights in opposing ani-gay legislation and bans any books that don't pretend blacks came here willingly or any that admit gay people exist. For someone so concerned with his free speech rights he sure wants to deny anyone else theirs.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 4th, 2022 at 6:14:02 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Wizard
I hope you'll respond to my comments in the movie thread about Top Gun.

About the unrealistic Mach 10 speed?

Yes, the record for an unmanned aircraft is Mach 9.6. The North American X-15 has the current world record for the fastest manned aircraft. Its maximum speed was Mach 6.70 which it attained on the 3rd of October 1967. The fastest air-breathing manned vehicle, the SR-71, achieved slightly more than Mach 3.

When flying MiG aircraft you can experience G forces up to 9 G. Pulling high Gs without any preventive measures can be dangerous (as G forces will push the blood in your body towards your feet and block your heart's attempts to pump it back upwards). So I don't think it will ever be possible to fly at Mach 10.

G force is, naturally related to acceleration, and not to speed. In 1958 a human experienced a record 82 Gs but he only reached a top speed of 34 mph. He just did it in 1/10 of a second.

On their way back from a lap around the Moon in 1969, Nasa’s Apollo 10 mission passed Mach 32, but spaceflight is not the same thing.
June 4th, 2022 at 7:00:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Pacomartin

On their way back from a lap around the Moon in 1969, Nasa’s Apollo 10 mission passed Mach 32, but spaceflight is not the same thing.

I imagine you could pass large stationary objects so fast you wouldn't even see them at that speed.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 25th, 2022 at 6:29:00 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
WTF
Somebody needs to tell Pence he has absolutely no chance to win the republican nomination
No chance
Nada
Zero

Is this guy delusional or what. Another religious nut unable to understand reality

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/pence-shows-distance-trump-speech-080000127.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 25th, 2022 at 7:08:37 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
WTF
Somebody needs to tell Pence he has absolutely no chance to win the republican nomination
No chance
Nada
Zero

Is this guy delusional or what. Another religious nut unable to understand reality

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/pence-shows-distance-trump-speech-080000127.html

I’m still praying for a Donny v. Big Tits DeSantis primary death match.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 25th, 2022 at 7:58:39 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288
I’m still praying for a Donny v. Big Tits DeSantis primary death match.

It's gonna get ugly
Wonder what names Trump has in store for DeSantis
LyinTed is a classic :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 25th, 2022 at 8:56:31 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
It's gonna get ugly
Wonder what names Trump has in store for DeSantis
LyinTed is a classic :-)

Imagine if Donny were to lose to DeSantis in a primary… you think he’d take that lying down? You think he’d support DeSantis in the general election?

YEAH RIGHT
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 25th, 2022 at 9:20:32 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288
Imagine if Donny were to lose to DeSantis in a primary… you think he’d take that lying down? You think he’d support DeSantis in the general election?

YEAH RIGHT

Donny would go 3rd party on the Republicans
Donny loves the campaign adulation
Actually seems addicted to it
No way losing the nomination will keep him from his addiction and no way does he play second fiddle to DeSantis
Desantis knows he has to go dirty and below the belt to beat Trump
It will be fascinating as both will get in the gutter
Got the popcorn out
July 25th, 2022 at 11:08:08 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Do you think it will make a difference to Trump's chances when / if he is indicted in Gerogia?

I don't expect the feds to indict as a congressional shift to the right at mid-terms would allow the republicans to stop any criminal action which the democrats may have initiated against Trump.

I think the plan all along has been for the Jan. 6th hearings to soften up the populace for a Georgia prosecution.
July 25th, 2022 at 11:29:57 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Donny would go 3rd party on the Republicans
Donny loves the campaign adulation
Actually seems addicted to it
No way losing the nomination will keep him from his addiction and no way does he play second fiddle to DeSantis
Desantis knows he has to go dirty and below the belt to beat Trump
It will be fascinating as both will get in the gutter
Got the popcorn out

You remind me of Nero when Rome burned TP. Your country is tearing itself apart with hate between the left and the right and you treat it like a movie "Get out the popcorn".
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 15 of 16« First<1213141516>