Republican Nominee 2024

November 14th, 2021 at 10:37:08 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146
\Why wouldn't he? I like him for a dark horse Republican candidate, and while I can't say I'd vote for him in the General, I'd definitely vote for him in the Primary.

He's got to face a key test next year
Re election in FL
Its not a slam dunk
He's been pretty controversial in FL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 14th, 2021 at 10:48:16 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
Re election in FL
Its not a slam dunk

I'm sorry, with so many names in SOOPOO's post I should have clarified; I was referring to Paul Ryan.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 14th, 2021 at 10:59:37 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146
I'm sorry, with so many names in SOOPOO's post I should have clarified; I was referring to Paul Ryan.

Paul Ryan
ROTFL
He has too much common sense
The base is looking for a hater with no common sense
The base runs the party now
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 14th, 2021 at 11:14:41 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Paul Ryan
ROTFL
He has too much common sense
The base is looking for a hater with no common sense
The base runs the party now

To what degree is the base the base?

I tend to think you give the Evangelical idiots more credit than they deserve for controlling the party. For one thing, they have lost on every single social position for which they have ever advocated...most of it is settled law or will become settled law...so nothing that the far reaches of the party advocates for on the social side of things will ever happen, imo.

Furthermore, I think you give Trump too much credit for having an ironclad grasp on the party. I could be quite wrong, but I don't know how much Moderate Republicans like him. I think Paul Ryan throwing his hat in (and that's even assuming Trump runs) makes it a two man race really quickly. I would give the advantages all to Ryan for moderate appeal, being good-looking, well-spoken, intelligent, probably not a racist and being much younger than Trump.

If all of that isn't enough, we've already seen what a Trump Presidency looks like.

I wouldn't want to be asked to draw a Primary map, but I'd expect Paul to do especially well in the Midwest and states in which the Republicans tend to be more Moderate. I think Trump would steamroll him in The South.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 14th, 2021 at 11:47:56 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Re election in FL
Its not a slam dunk

I will be there for the vote, my guess is that everybody cares more than I do so my vote is officially for sale. Best offer accepted.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 14th, 2021 at 6:41:22 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DRich
I will be there for the vote, my guess is that everybody cares more than I do so my vote is officially for sale. Best offer accepted.

Not being silly…. We may have discussed this before…. But isn’t it illegal to ‘sell your vote’?
November 14th, 2021 at 7:14:01 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: SOOPOO
Not being silly…. We may have discussed this before…. But isn’t it illegal to ‘sell your vote’?

Apparently not after the Biden election.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 13th, 2022 at 5:01:55 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Men can always suck in their guts, but not much they can do about their titties.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 13th, 2022 at 5:32:21 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: ams288
Men can always suck in their guts, but not much they can do about their titties.

Hubba, hubba!

That gal, I mean that guy has a rack you could do Shakespeare from.

His campaign slogan "Put three boobs in the White House."
April 24th, 2022 at 12:13:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Assuming DeSantis ends up as a presidential candidate, I don't want to hear any gripes that it's the Democrats favoring divisive polarized candidates and issues that are dividing the country.

He's one of worst in that area.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?