Of original cast.

Larine Newman is now 69
Jane Curtin is now 62
Dan Aykroyd is now 69
Garret Morris is now 84
Chevy Chase is now 77
John Belushi RiP (speedball)
Gilda Radner RiP (ovarian cancer)

So Jane Curtin was 12 years old when she was on SNL? She looked much older than that.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 14th, 2021 at 9:54:52 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: rxwine
Of original cast.

Larine Newman is now 69
Jane Curtin is now 62
Dan Aykroyd is now 69
Garret Morris is now 84
Chevy Chase is now 77
John Belushi RiP (speedball)
Gilda Radner RiP (ovarian cancer)

Good point. Good point. I think if I looked at the entire history of the show, early deaths would be more common than the actuarial averages, but I'm too lazy to prove it.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 15th, 2021 at 2:16:04 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Evenbob
So Jane Curtin was 12 years old when she was on SNL? She looked much older than that.

Jane Curtin (born September 6, 1947) is four+ years older than Laraine Newman (born March 2, 1952) and DanAykroyd ( born July 1, 1952) .
"Chevy" Chase ( born October 8, 1943) and Garrett Morris (born February 1, 1937) were older.

You should really include Michael O'Donoghue and George Coe as original cast members who have died.
John Belushi (January 24, 1949 — March 5, 1982) age 33
Gilda Radner (June 28, 1946 – May 20, 1989) age 42
Michael O'Donoghue (January 5, 1940 – November 8, 1994) age 54, head writer who also did original sketch of SNL
George Coe (May 10, 1929 – July 18, 2015) age 86

Michael O'Donoghue & John Belushi

September 15th, 2021 at 2:49:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Of original cast.

Jane Curtin is now 62

She is 74.
The President is a fink.
October 21st, 2021 at 6:20:53 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Colin Powell, 84. RIP. Great General, great man. Probably one of the greatest Presidents that we never had.
October 22nd, 2021 at 2:40:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Colin Powell, 84. RIP. Great General, great man. Probably one of the greatest Presidents that we never had.

I never saw his as a POTUS. He was barely average as Secretary of State. And in that job he was borderline in rebellion to W, something unacceptable in that job.

People pushed him as POTUS because of how he looked and talked, they didn't even know what his positions were.
The President is a fink.
October 22nd, 2021 at 3:23:34 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Powell was a war criminal. His lies about Iraq having WMD's, before the UN, started the war in Iraq, which cost the US $2 trillion, led to the deaths of thousands of innocent civilians and US service men and women, and forever disrupted the balance of power in the middle east. If it wasn't for him, Iran wouldn't be on the verge of obtaining nuclear weapons.

POWELL: My colleagues, every statement I make today is backed up by sources, solid sources. These are not assertions. What we’re giving you are facts and conclusions based on solid intelligence.

Later, regarding whether Iraq had reconstituted a nuclear weapons program, he said:

POWELL: There is no doubt in my mind …

Three Years Later:

HUSSEINI: You cited Hussein Kamel in your U.N. testimony. Did you know he said there were no WMDs?

POWELL: I only knew what the intelligence community told me.

HUSSEINI: But did you know that fact?

POWELL: Of course not!

HUSSEINI: You didn’t know that, even though it was reported?

POWELL: I’ve answered your question!
October 22nd, 2021 at 5:38:19 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tanko
Powell was a war criminal. His lies about Iraq having WMD's, before the UN, started the war in Iraq, which cost the US $2 trillion, led to the deaths of thousands of innocent civilians and US service men and women, and forever disrupted the balance of power in the middle east. If it wasn't for him, Iran wouldn't be on the verge of obtaining nuclear weapons.

He was just the front man at the UN for the administration. So I guess you're referring to all of the Bush inner circle as war criminals.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 22nd, 2021 at 6:36:21 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Tanko

POWELL: My colleagues, every statement I make today is backed up by sources, solid sources. These are not assertions. What we’re giving you are facts and conclusions based on solid intelligence.

Later, regarding whether Iraq had reconstituted a nuclear weapons program, he said:

POWELL: There is no doubt in my mind …

Three Years Later:

HUSSEINI: You cited Hussein Kamel in your U.N. testimony. Did you know he said there were no WMDs?

POWELL: I only knew what the intelligence community told me.

HUSSEINI: But did you know that fact?

POWELL: Of course not!

HUSSEINI: You didn’t know that, even though it was reported?

POWELL: I’ve answered your question!

Insane comment.

How was he a war criminal? Lots of people got Iraq partially wrong (there were chemical weapons, so there were WMDs...)

I don't think you know what war criminal means....
October 22nd, 2021 at 6:43:09 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
I never saw his as a POTUS. He was barely average as Secretary of State. And in that job he was borderline in rebellion to W, something unacceptable in that job.

People pushed him as POTUS because of how he looked and talked, they didn't even know what his positions were.

He is one Republican I would have voted for without hesitation.

He was in the Army since the early 60s and has experienced everything from the early days of the Vietnam War before America was really there to Cold War Era conflicts.

I don't buy the race argument. He has an impressive background, MBA, 4 Star General, involved in some of the most historically relevant events in recent history, Sec of State (even if he did have political clashes and resign). His race is irrelevant, if anything it makes him more impressive because he did a lot of this at the height of segregation and pushed on.