2021 Deadpool

Thread Rating:

January 22nd, 2021 at 8:27:35 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Hank Aaron, 86
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 22nd, 2021 at 9:03:21 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Hank Aaron still holds the record as far as I'm concerned with 755 career home runs. For that matter, Roger Maris still holds the single season HR record at 61. I refuse to acknowledge the juiced up cheaters. RIP Hank.

For that matter, Rodger Maris
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
January 22nd, 2021 at 11:35:40 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: JimRockford
Hank Aaron still holds the record as far as I'm concerned with 755 career home runs. For that matter, Roger Maris still holds the single season HR record at 61. I refuse to acknowledge the juiced up cheaters. RIP Hank.

Sort of agree. But Hammerin Hank never had to face a juiced up pitcher like Roger Clemens, for example. Think how many more homers Bonds would have had if he didn’t have to face all those cheating pitchers? Griffey Jr. might have had the record had he not had to face the roided up pitchers.
January 22nd, 2021 at 11:59:45 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO

Sort of agree. But Hammerin Hank never had to face a juiced up pitcher like Roger Clemens, for example. Think how many more homers Bonds would have had if he didn’t have to face all those cheating pitchers? Griffey Jr. might have had the record had he not had to face the roided up pitchers.

I disagree
Yea it help a hard thrower
But a real Pitcher, changing speedsand getting movement on the ball is finesse and juice won't help
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 22nd, 2021 at 12:39:08 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined

I disagree
But a real Pitcher, changing speedsand getting movement on the ball is finesse and juice won't help

Of course pitching is a combo of power and skill. But there is no doubt that if you can increase your power via artificial means, and of course your skill stays the same, you will be a better pitcher. Same thing with hitting, too.
January 22nd, 2021 at 12:48:29 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: terapined

I disagree

The drugs won't make the pitcher but they can make him a little better. Changing speeds is more effective if your fastball is a little faster. Drugs can also help extend a career. Clemens remained a top pitcher until age 45. His career was extended through hard work, luck and PEDs and we can't know how much the drugs contributed.

SOOPOO has a valid point. How many homers would Bonds have hit if he didn't cheat and neither did the MLB pitchers of his era? We will never know so I refuse to acknowledge his record. How many Tours De France would Lance Armstrong have won if he was clean and didn't have to compete against a field of riders pumped up on EPO? We can't know but they didn't let him keep is titles.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
January 23rd, 2021 at 5:28:29 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: ams288

Larry King died.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 23rd, 2021 at 8:34:10 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288

I still anticipate that he will have a new show on CNN before the end of the year.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 23rd, 2021 at 7:56:40 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: DRich
I still anticipate that he will have a new show on CNN before the end of the year.

That was good!
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 27th, 2021 at 9:18:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Cloris Leachman 94

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.