7 members have voted

March 11th, 2021 at 11:55:11 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288

Sounds impressive, no?

(She ran unopposed.)

LOL

It is impressive. Politicians are not challenged when it is clear and obvious that doing so is a waste of time. There are a bunch of ‘minor’ offices that often only have one candidate for local elections. The Democrats obviously realized they had no candidate that could compete with her, or I guarantee that they would have ran against her!
March 11th, 2021 at 4:11:37 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO

Sounds impressive, no?

(She ran unopposed.)

LOL

It is impressive. Politicians are not challenged when it is clear and obvious that doing so is a waste of time. There are a bunch of ‘minor’ offices that often only have one candidate for local elections. The Democrats obviously realized they had no candidate that could compete with her, or I guarantee that they would have ran against her!

Its actually pretty bad for an unopposed election.

That means over 25% of people took the time to vote for that office, but wrote in some nonsense instead of voting for her. If you run uncontested and get below 90% its generally pretty bad....

Bragging about 74% in an uncontested election is just pathetic.....

I don't know how people like her, she is a total loon.... I don't even mean on policy, she is just insane (they type of person who would alarm me even if they had zero power.....)
I mean I guess if you believe wildfires are being started by "Jewish space lasers" (I wish I was making that up) and that "Zionists" are orchestrating Muslim immigration to destroy "European" culture it makes sense to support her boasting about 74% in an uncon.....
I don't see how anyone who is not an anti-Semite filled with racist conspiracies can support her, even if you agree with her on economics....
March 11th, 2021 at 5:49:27 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Gandler

Sounds impressive, no?

(She ran unopposed.)

LOL

That means over 25% of people took the time to vote for that office, but wrote in some nonsense instead of voting for her. If you run uncontested and get below 90% its generally pretty bad....

I don't know how people like her, she is a total loon.... I don't even mean on policy, she is just insane (they type of person who would alarm me even if they had zero power.....)
I mean I guess if you believe wildfires are being started by "Jewish space lasers" (I wish I was making that up) and that "Zionists" are orchestrating Muslim immigration to destroy "European" culture it makes sense to support her boasting about 74% in an uncon.....
I don't see how anyone who is not an anti-Semite filled with racist conspiracies can support her, even if you agree with her on economics....

First of all, I resent her blaming my laser for the forest fires. I never had it pointing that way. She does seem like the craziest of the crazy. But you and ams avoid the question... if she is so weak a candidate why was there not even ONE Democrat willing to take her on in the general election?
March 11th, 2021 at 5:59:03 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
First of all, I resent her blaming my laser for the forest fires. I never had it pointing that way. She does seem like the craziest of the crazy. But you and ams avoid the question... if she is so weak a candidate why was there not even ONE Democrat willing to take her on in the general election?

There was a Dem candidate, but I believe he dropped out of the race in October for some reason.

But that’s besides the point: you do realize how primaries work? Dems and Reps pick their candidates on the same primary day. It’s not like the Dems could sit around and wait to see who the Rep nominee would be before they picked their candidate.

It’s like a GOP +40 district. A giant turd will beat any Dem.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 11th, 2021 at 6:29:57 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

Sounds impressive, no?

(She ran unopposed.)

LOL

I honestly don't know, it's not a GA district that I am familiar with. I am guessing like many parts of GA, its deep red so it may not be worth the time to invest any serious resources.

A better question is why did the GOP put foward a canidate who is so insane?

A quick Google search shows that she was in a runoff for the primary (in GA that happens if you get under 50% of the vote), and won the runoff. I guess Republicans like her... Apparantly she won over an accomplished Neurosurgeon in the runoff....

So somebody who inherited a company from their father, and is only famous for racist conspiracies beats more competent humans in the primaries, this is sounding familiar....

Republicans love self made people. As long as they inherit everything, and are insane.....
March 11th, 2021 at 6:42:52 PM permalink
SOOPOO
A giant turd will beat any Dem.

As it should be.

But seriously...... I heard a lengthy interview with the Republican neurosurgeon who went against her in the primary. He seemed like your typical Republican who would not be insane. Hopefully he primaries her in 2022.
March 12th, 2021 at 3:57:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
As it should be.

But seriously...... I heard a lengthy interview with the Republican neurosurgeon who went against her in the primary. He seemed like your typical Republican who would not be insane. Hopefully he primaries her in 2022.

So he sounded like a RINO who spends half the day at the country club?
The President is a fink.
March 12th, 2021 at 4:14:17 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

There was a Democratic candidate running against her who wanted to run a campaign focused on unification rather than division, but his management basically felt like he had to take the gloves off, even though that's totally contrary to his personality.

What ended up happening is that he got all sorts of threats online from various supporters of hers, which for whatever reason he took seriously, and those scared him off a bit. In addition to that, his wife (and they'd been having issues even prior to him running) filed for a divorce and would not wait until after the Election to do it. As a result, he ended up with the Sheriff coming down with the divorce petition and making him leave the house.

He didn't really have money for an apartment or to be staying in a hotel room in the district and you can't legally use campaign funds for housing. The result of that was he moved back in with his parents in Indiana and, as a result, had to drop out of the race.

The reason Greene received such a low percentage of the vote running unopposed is because, even though she was running essentially unopposed, the Democratic candidate, Kevin Van Ausdal, was still on the ballot. The majority of people NOT to vote for Taylor Greene voted for him, even though he had withdrawn from the race.

Not only could you vote for him directly, but straight ticket votes (if they exist in that jurisdiction---idk and am too lazy to find out) would also have went to him.

So, that's the answer---there was another candidate on the ballot and she was only technically unopposed.

EDIT TO ADD: Although, maybe clipping a political candidate you don't like wouldn't be such a weird thing for a Georgian to do. I guess taking the threats seriously isn't wholly unjustified.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 12th, 2021 at 4:16:48 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

I honestly don't know, it's not a GA district that I am familiar with. I am guessing like many parts of GA, its deep red so it may not be worth the time to invest any serious resources.

A better question is why did the GOP put foward a canidate who is so insane?

A quick Google search shows that she was in a runoff for the primary (in GA that happens if you get under 50% of the vote), and won the runoff. I guess Republicans like her... Apparantly she won over an accomplished Neurosurgeon in the runoff....

So somebody who inherited a company from their father, and is only famous for racist conspiracies beats more competent humans in the primaries, this is sounding familiar....

Republicans love self made people. As long as they inherit everything, and are insane.....

It's YOUR chosen state, homes. This is an excellent example of why you're never going to catch me in that hellhole. Georgia is a weird country.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 12th, 2021 at 8:56:20 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
So he sounded like a RINO who spends half the day at the country club?

Mar a Lago? Sounds like someone you voted for.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 2 of 15<12345>Last »