Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
Only one person needs to be bitch slapped
AOC conducts herself as a mature adult in the halls of congress
MTG is a raving screaming maniac in the halls of congress
Big Diff
They may be on opposite sides of the aisle but only one person is out of control

Good, then you can bet on the AOC side.

AOC is young, taller, looks like she might be quick and might even have five or ten pounds on MTG. I'm probably going to want you to lay me some odds if you want me to take the other side of the fight.

That is, unless you think that MTG is the crazier of the two and that will somehow give her an advantage. I tend to doubt it because this will be an officiated fight under UFC rules, so MTG is going to get penalized on the points if she uses any illegal tactics and might even get herself disqualified.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 15th, 2021 at 11:04:23 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
AOC: 12.7 million twitter followers
MTG: 405,000 twitter followers

Why on earth should AOC debate this monster and give her a larger platform?!

AOC is playing the situation exactly right: Don’t feed the troll.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 15th, 2021 at 11:37:02 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: ams288
AOC: 12.7 million twitter followers
MTG: 405,000 twitter followers

Why on earth should AOC debate this monster and give her a larger platform?!

AOC is playing the situation exactly right: Don’t feed the troll.

I guess because debating is what you do in politics and there are more people (at least, on Twitter) who will immediately declare AOC the winner regardless of the actual substance of the debate?

For my part, I would not watch such a debate. It would be like trying to pick the more attractive of two piles of dog crap. (I mean that the sides of the debate are dog crap, not the debaters)
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 15th, 2021 at 12:30:45 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Mission146
I guess because debating is what you do in politics and there are more people (at least, on Twitter) who will immediately declare AOC the winner regardless of the actual substance of the debate?

Have two politicians who were not even running against each other ever held such a one-on-one debate?

It’s pretty clear MTG has had an unhealthy obsession with AOC for a while now. AOC should continue to not give her the time of day.
May 15th, 2021 at 4:30:53 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: ams288
Have two politicians who were not even running against each other ever held such a one-on-one debate?

It’s pretty clear MTG has had an unhealthy obsession with AOC for a while now. AOC should continue to not give her the time of day.

I imagine that it's happened at least once, but maybe not.

You could always market it. You could have either Pay-Per-View or people could pay to stream live. 25% to each campaign fund (50% total) and another 25% (50% total) from each to the charity of their choosing.
May 15th, 2021 at 4:42:22 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Mission146
I imagine that it's happened at least once, but maybe not.

You could always market it. You could have either Pay-Per-View or people could pay to stream live. 25% to each campaign fund (50% total) and another 25% (50% total) from each to the charity of their choosing.

Even with those terms, it still would be huge potential upside for MTG and none for AOC. Even if AOC demolished her in a debate, the righties would still claim MTG won and she would still be able to fundraise off it “bigly.”

There will never be a debate between the two of them. And that’s how it should be.
May 15th, 2021 at 4:52:51 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
If MTG continues her Trumpian ways, I predict AOC will set a new precedent and secure an anti-harassment restraining order against the Mouth of the South.
May 15th, 2021 at 5:27:39 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: missedhervee
If MTG continues her Trumpian ways, I predict AOC will set a new precedent and secure an anti-harassment restraining order against the Mouth of the South.

She is calling her an idiot because she is. What is wrong with that.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 15th, 2021 at 5:33:25 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I'm reminded of a quote from Winston Churchill.

A female member of Parliament accused him of being "disgustingly drunk."

He responded: "My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'"
May 15th, 2021 at 5:34:22 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
She is calling her an idiot because she is. What is wrong with that.

Are you kidding me
The workplace is not for that
Go yell on a street corner
Act like adult around your colleagues at work
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"