5 votes (71.42%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (14.28%)

7 members have voted

January 2nd, 2022 at 8:51:57 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
MTG has been permanently banned from Twitter for repeatedly spreading misinformation about Covid.

Get ready for her to go to every right wing news outlet she can and claim her “freedom of speech” has been violated.

I don't use Twitter, but I saw a story where she equated COVID to cancer, so that is ban worthy in my view, but that was a while ago.

https://www.businessinsider.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-criticizes-covid-rules-no-schools-closed-cancer-2021-12

"Every single year more than 600,000 people in the US die from cancer. The country has never once shut down. Not a single school has closed. And every year, over 600,000 people, of all ages and all races will continue to die from cancer," Greene wrote on Twitter on Saturday.

—Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸 (@mtgreenee) December 4, 2021

But, the sad thing is, pretty much everyone on the right is obsessed with her, and this will just make her more popular. The fact that she was elected (actually made it to a runoff and then won the runoff), is just beyond sad.
January 2nd, 2022 at 9:27:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
And she will be absolutely right.

BS
She has much rights on Twitter as you yourself have right here.
The Whiz is the King
He could nuke anybody on just a whim
That's the way it is
The wizards house, wizards rules
Same goes for my RV :-)
MTG still has freedom of speech
She can scream on any street corner in the USA and Fox will be there to report it
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 2nd, 2022 at 9:32:47 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Gandler
I don't use Twitter, but I saw a story where she equated COVID to cancer, so that is ban worthy in my view, but that was a while ago.

https://www.businessinsider.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-criticizes-covid-rules-no-schools-closed-cancer-2021-12

"Every single year more than 600,000 people in the US die from cancer. The country has never once shut down. Not a single school has closed. And every year, over 600,000 people, of all ages and all races will continue to die from cancer," Greene wrote on Twitter on Saturday.

—Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸 (@mtgreenee) December 4, 2021

But, the sad thing is, pretty much everyone on the right is obsessed with her, and this will just make her more popular. The fact that she was elected (actually made it to a runoff and then won the runoff), is just beyond sad.

I deleted Twitter when Biden won
To me its much ado about nothing
Its a pretty meaningless site to me
If a subject interests me, I want to read more then a few lines.
I get along fine in my life never going to Twitter
Weird that some righties are so obsessed with Twitter
The only time I hear about Twitter is when somebody posts something so stupid and dumb it makes the news such Rand Paul complaining about democrats voting legally.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 2nd, 2022 at 9:33:28 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Maybe we can send a parade of vehicles at 3am to drive by your house celebrating free speech.

Quote:
Souped-up vehicle sound systems announcing their presence on the block with every thump, thump, thump of the bass draw the ire of light sleepers and eye-rolls from the unimpressed but the Miami Herald says they now have a powerful group of supporters lined up on their side: The Florida Supreme Court. Yesterday, the court struck down a law that made it illegal for music coming from a car to be “plainly audible” from 25 feet or more.

Lawyer Richard Catalano won reversal of a $73 ticket he got on his way to work as a Justin Timberlake song blasted from his sound system. The justices called the law unconstitutional and an “unreasonable restriction on the freedom of expression.” They wrote that it violated free speech rights for several reasons, including that the law exempted vehicles used for business or political purposes. The justices said the right to play amplified music in public is protected under the First Amendment.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 2nd, 2022 at 9:36:39 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: rxwine
Maybe we can send a parade of vehicles at 3am to drive by your house celebrating free speech.

What I hate about free speech
I was on canal st in New Orleans
On a street corner one of those god fanatics preaching.
I'm fine with that
But on a bullhorn
Ugh
Nothing I can do
Free speech
But still hate the bullhorns
January 2nd, 2022 at 10:41:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

You’re not from America, so you are forgiven for not knowing what freedom of speech is.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 2nd, 2022 at 11:45:44 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: terapined
I deleted Twitter when Biden won

Machete don't tweet
January 2nd, 2022 at 4:07:02 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
BS
She has much rights on Twitter as you yourself have right here.
The Whiz is the King
He could nuke anybody on just a whim
That's the way it is
The wizards house, wizards rules
Same goes for my RV :-)
MTG still has freedom of speech
She can scream on any street corner in the USA and Fox will be there to report it

The problem with censorship as always is who is doing it. Social media is censoring because they are being forced by the government. The only items being censored are those that are deemed unacceptable by you lefties. All the lefty lies are fine on social media. No different then the censorship in China or Russia .gov makes the decision.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 2nd, 2022 at 4:51:36 PM permalink
terapined
The problem with censorship as always is who is doing it. Social media is censoring because they are being forced by the government. The only items being censored are those that are deemed unacceptable by you lefties. All the lefty lies are fine on social media. No different then the censorship in China or Russia .gov makes the decision.

BS
Its private property rights
The Wiz has total control over this site
How can Twitter have less rights then the Wiz
He has banned insults and he has nuked members
Right to free speech does not extend to the Wizards property.
He sets rules for his private property just as Twitter does for their private property
Same goes for fox private property
They don't have to let anybody from the left on their website
Dumb of MTG to depend on somebody else's private property to push lies
Write a column, fox will post MTG lies. Their property, their rules allowing lies
January 2nd, 2022 at 5:02:02 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
BS
Its private property rights
The Wiz has total control over this site
How can Twitter have less rights then the Wiz
He has banned insults and he has nuked members
Right to free speech does not extend to the Wizards property.
He sets rules for his private property just as Twitter does for their private property
Same goes for fox private property
They don't have to let anybody from the left on their website
Dumb of MTG to depend on somebody else's private property to push lies
Write a column, fox will post MTG lies. Their property, their rules allowing lies

You are having trouble with your reading comprehension again TP. This is not an independent decision by Twitter it is pressure by .gov. They have been told to regulate their content or they will be regulated.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin