Did she really think that she would fool everyone?? LOL

February 11th, 2021 at 3:50:05 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
WATCH: failed congressional candidate Pam Keith’s fancy bookshelf appears to be a shower curtain. You can see it move!

If you watch closely at the lower right side, it is obviously moving.

This is not intended as an advertisement but to show the bookshelf shower curtain:

Bookshelf Shower Curtain
Let's go Brandon
February 11th, 2021 at 4:39:46 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
That appears to be a fake bookshelf.

Celebrities, talk show hosts, and politicians regularly receive books as gifts from publishers and authors, who hope to get publicity for their book. The politicians always give their interviews in front of their collection of free books, that they have never read, to give the impression they are well read intellectuals.

February 11th, 2021 at 4:58:57 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Tanko
That appears to be a fake bookshelf.

Celebrities, talk show hosts, and politicians regularly receive books as gifts from publishers and authors, who hope to get publicity for their book. The politicians always give their interviews in front of their collection of free books, that they have never read, to give the impression they are well read intellectuals.

I mean is that different than anyone? Have you read every book on your bookshelf. I have a very small book collection (at least regarding physical books) and I know the answer for me is no. People get books for gifts or on a whim at a shop and they sit.

For me any book that I actually want to read and focus on, I get on my Kindle, much preferable (especially for bulky books) for convenient reading and carrying. I have long felt that physicals books are wasteful (both financially and for the environment) when I can carry millions of books (or download as needed) on one device. Even many books that I get physically acquire whether it be academic or as a gift that I actually want to read, I tend to sit aside the physical one and just buy the Kindle or ebook version for convivence so I can read on my Kindle, phone, or laptop as needed.

You can generally tell when people regularly refer to books on their bookshelf, they tend to be messy, not neatly aligned, maybe with notebooks wedged between pages, if you watch older TV interviews (before the internet) you can see this more often.
February 11th, 2021 at 5:25:26 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Very nice, that Trump picture actually made me laugh out loud.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 12th, 2021 at 7:49:38 AM permalink
TominNV
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
I mean is that different than anyone? Have you read every book on your bookshelf. I have a very small book collection (at least regarding physical books) and I know the answer for me is no. People get books for gifts or on a whim at a shop and they sit.

The idea of having a full bookshelf in the background of these pandemic-era zoom calls doesn't even serve the intended purpose. It just shows "I bought a lot of stuff", and everything else gets lost. If I was going to do it, I would pick about four titles I really want to show off. That way there is a much better possibility someone might pickup on what's there and my chances of virtue signaling are a lot better.
February 12th, 2021 at 11:32:34 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: TominNV
The idea of having a full bookshelf in the background of these pandemic-era zoom calls doesn't even serve the intended purpose. It just shows "I bought a lot of stuff", and everything else gets lost. If I was going to do it, I would pick about four titles I really want to show off. That way there is a much better possibility someone might pickup on what's there and my chances of virtue signaling are a lot better.

That brings up a good point. What is the proper background for a Zoom call? I have a Zoom interview later today and am debating where I should do it. If I do it at the kitchen table it will require me to do the dishes in the sink. I have ruled that option out.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 12th, 2021 at 12:55:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: DRich
That brings up a good point. What is the proper background for a Zoom call?

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 12th, 2021 at 12:56:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
That brings up a good point. What is the proper background for a Zoom call? I have a Zoom interview later today and am debating where I should do it. If I do it at the kitchen table it will require me to do the dishes in the sink. I have ruled that option out.

Look for the fake backgrounds.
The President is a fink.
February 12th, 2021 at 1:01:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Zoom background

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 12th, 2021 at 4:22:38 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
There is a huge market for books that are bound nicely, purely for decoration.