Where's Luther?

March 8th, 2021 at 8:21:48 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Would you buy into a scheme like this? Let's say someone suggested you get in on the groundfloor with an outfit that is going to "work with hunter-gatherer Hazda communities to protect biodiversity & forests in Tanzania". Doesn't sound too legit, does it? So you wouldn't invest, right? How are you supposed to make profits doing that?
" 'Native', a ... corporation that helps companies 'produce quantifiable emission reductions' " is able to do very, very well with that scheme. You've seen the commericals, Google for example, even Exxon I think, claiming they're going to be net zero CO2 emitters soon enough, in spite of the way their server farms, in the case of Google, burn energy like crazy. Turns our they can achieve this by buying CO2 emission reduction credits generated by such outfits as Native. Helping poor Tanzanians makes it enough of a sacred cow nobody is going to question how much an investor like you could be pulling in by being part of something that, let's face it, is in actuality probably just bribing that government to shut up about what is being accomplished, maybe nothing. So, admit it, you missed out again by thinking you are so damn smart.

You'd have to read the article, love this quote in it. The author compares the practice to the selling of indulgences that Martin Luther exposed way back when. "Net Zero is a new word for indulgences to emit CO2. When will a modern Martin Luther nail truth to the door of the cathedral of green religion?"

https://www.wsj.com/articles/net-zero-more-like-not-zero-11615156480?mod=searchresults_pos1&page=1

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]