Recent Capitol Breach

Page 1 of 212>
March 16th, 2021 at 6:35:58 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
We were posting in the thread "In the News Today" about the recent breach of the capitol building, but I think it deserves a thread of its own. I thought about naming it after the date, some like referring to it as "January 6th" for example, but I am not too keen on all that business of naming something after the date. 

I'm on the record for believing that Antifa in particular got away with participating in the worst behavior and I've been called to task for having no evidence. I decided to look into just who has been arrested. Now, I do think the ones who got arrested were pretty stupid, at least when it comes to the how-to's of violent protest, paying no attention to cameras capturing their uncovered faces and unique clothing. It seems to be true very few were arrested on the spot, necessarily so in the circumstances I think. Nonetheless this leaves me with the fact that no one arrested seems to be connected to Antifa, not so far, and I'm obliged to admit it. 

Two guys just got arrested who seem to fit this 'too dumb' description I noticed about them. All caught up in the excitement, they brought bear spray and decided to use it, failing to notice or think about the fact they were being videotaped and their voices recorded, evidently. It's interesting what they said, 

Quote:
The FBI says they have video of Khater saying to Tanios, “Give me that bear s---.”
Tanios replies, “Hold on, hold on, not yet, not yet… it’s still early.”
Khater then says, “They just fu----- sprayed me.”
He then unleashes the chemical, sweeping his arm side to side while the officers were about 5 to 8 feet away, the FBI says.
https://www.nj.com/middlesex/2021/03/2-charged-with-assaulting-capitol-police-officer-from-nj-who-died-after-attack-report-says.html

The one guy Khater is clearly angry that *he* got sprayed and wants to retaliate. Nobody is going to think that excuses him, me neither, but it makes it interesting. Gotta get even! says the child inside all of us. Unfortunately for these guys not only is that bad optics but it is easy to believe it killed Sicknick. His defense may claim we don't know that, hard to say at this point since autopsy results are being held back. 

Though the FBI maintains we don't know what was in that spray, I'll assume it was bear spray while pondering this: is bear spray known to cause death in humans? I can say that stories that indicate any long-lasting effects are very hard to find, the closest I can get to anything of the sort is an indication asthma sufferers are a concern, but only temporarily. 

Sicknick seems to tragically have had some underlying condition perhaps even he was unaware of. 

Posting this and will have more to say later.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 16th, 2021 at 7:32:05 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Just came across this earlier this morning, made me laugh. These Trumpsters were NOT the brightest bulbs in the box:

Would love to know how d byrd feels about all this...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 16th, 2021 at 7:45:53 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
First rule of committing a crime is, don't film yourself committing a crime. Every one of those bozos had a camera in his hand and hardly a mask in sight, which would have partially covered their identities. Really dumb people.
March 16th, 2021 at 8:40:26 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: zippyboy
First rule of committing a crime is, don't film yourself committing a crime. Every one of those bozos had a camera in his hand and hardly a mask in sight, which would have partially covered their identities. Really dumb people.

Haven’t seen any homemade videos of ANTIFA members storming the Capitol. Maybe they’re just smarter than the Trumpsters?
March 16th, 2021 at 9:45:02 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: ams288
Haven’t seen any homemade videos of ANTIFA members storming the Capitol. Maybe they’re just smarter than the Trumpsters?
well, yeah, I think so, I've been making that point.
March 17th, 2021 at 2:03:11 PM permalink
odiousgambit
I definitely I don't intend to defend or sympathize with the two guys who were arrested for attacking with bear spray. But it reminds me of some moments in my life I got caught up in something and maybe came close to making some bad decisions. But I can say for sure some things protected me from being there at the Capitol building and getting myself into trouble, they are: 

*My age
*I tend to avoid politics, believe it or not
*I avoid crowds especially those that are getting out of control

On this latter point, I am acutely aware of the possibility of crowds crushing you to death. I never get in the front of a line that is growing restless because "they're not letting us in". I observe whether the police are practicing crowd control tactics, seem to know what they are doing, and are definitely *in* control. I like to see things like once I saw when in line to see something on the mall at the capitol, and there were lots of people in a line I was in. They were letting people in at a station that was 90 degrees to the line, in other words, once in, you walked to the right. If the line surged due to panic, they would push people down the sidewalk which was clear of any obstacles for at least a full block. Good control, good planning. That's what I want to see or I'm leaving. 

You used to be able to see gruesome images of people killed by crushing by googling it and going to 'images'. In the worst cases the fence or gate actually presses deep grooves into the flesh. All that I can get to come up now is similar to the following:

March 18th, 2021 at 10:52:34 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Know any of these violent offenders
The FBI needs your help

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/washingtondc/news/press-releases/fbi-washington-field-office-releases-videos-of-assaults-on-officers-at-us-capitol-seeks-publics-help-to-identify-suspects#Videos
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 22nd, 2021 at 6:08:09 AM permalink
odiousgambit
There seems to be nothing more about finding the person who planted the pipe bombs in other buildings at the same time that the Capitol building was breached, not since about march 9th or so when the FBI released some videos asking for help.

This has some interest for me since this looks like leftist terrorism, which I have been broadly terming 'Antifa'. If so, it supports the theory that leftist plots were part of what was afoot January 6th, this not a separate event but connected. 

Or not. There could be other conclusions even if this was Antifa behind the pipe bombs. But I will say this so far shows that the ones smart enough to wear masks and hoodies, and avoid distinctive clothing, are proving to be hard to find. Frankly, to me, it's not clear but what this might be a woman.

March 22nd, 2021 at 8:13:20 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
. Frankly, to me, it's not clear but what this might be a woman.

Kayleigh McEnany?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 22nd, 2021 at 8:33:33 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: odiousgambit
Frankly, to me, it's not clear but what this might be a woman.

The onus is on you to decide.

Using the Duffman methodology, it can only be a woman if you’re willing to say you’ll sleep with her.
Page 1 of 212>