Getting real tired of Kamala Harris already.

Page 28 of 28« First<25262728
January 20th, 2022 at 9:37:17 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Her job is to be on deck
Thats it
How can you do a poor job being on deck
If you are a woman of color, makes sense all the hate
She has no power so the only people hanging on to her every word are people that hate her

You keep saying she has no power. That is not true. She has exactly as much power as her boss, President Biden, affords her. I believe he has used phrases like 'she is in charge of our efforts on the southern border' or some such. By saying 'she has no power' you would need to say that about every single person Biden has appointed to any of the thousands of positions that are under his aegis.

We can argue if she has used the power he affords her successfully or not. I posit that she is an abject failure.
January 20th, 2022 at 9:40:16 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO

We can argue if she has used the power he affords her successfully or not. I posit that she is an abject failure.

Not a failure at all. She was picked to be female and "of color." Nothing else was expected of her.
The President is a fink.
January 20th, 2022 at 9:44:17 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Mission146
No wonder they’re such big fans of religion; many religions say that it’s a sin to use contraceptives.

I still think Voter ID and enclosing a copy of your ID with your mail-in ballot seems reasonable, though.

So you are admitting you are a white supremacist? (That would be the response from any number of talking heads on CNN/MSNBC/etc.) Such a rule would be used by the big bad white leaders to not count the votes from the poor downtrodden Black and Brown folks who just want to vote....

I'm being serious. That is what the progressives think of such a simple step to insure a mail in vote is a legal mail in vote. You must be a racist to want ID included....
January 20th, 2022 at 9:45:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
So you are admitting you are a white supremacist? (That would be the response from any number of talking heads on CNN/MSNBC/etc.) Such a rule would be used by the big bad white leaders to not count the votes from the poor downtrodden Black and Brown folks who just want to vote....

I'm being serious. That is what the progressives think of such a simple step to insure a mail in vote is a legal mail in vote. You must be a racist to want ID included....

If he was not a racist he would understand that minorities are incapable of finding the DMV and getting an ID.
The President is a fink.
January 20th, 2022 at 10:20:24 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

The Progressives can think I am a racist if they want to because I know that the 'Progressives,' are idiots, so it seems like a fair trade.

The only thing that I know is that if the Progressives want to make mail-in the law of the land, first of all, I don't think it survives a Constitutional challenge in the first place, but maybe it doesn't get one if you can draft a bill that is palatable enough to bring in ten votes from the Right. Would enclosing a copy of your ID be palatable enough to ten Senators on the Right? Maybe not, but then you have something you could point to and say, "Look, they wanted election security and we tried to give it to them. For mail-in voting, you would have had to enclose an ID with your ballot, which is actually more than some states are doing now."

The one thing that I know about the Democrats is that they wouldn't make national mail-in voting something that they want to get done if they didn't think it would be of benefit to their probability of winning; much less frame the ability to vote by mail as part of some sort of legitimate Civil Rights issue. That doesn't have anything to do with Civil Rights. Can anyone point me to a state where white people can vote by mail and not black people? Where immigrants from Asiatic countries can vote by mail, but not people originally from Ireland? It's ridiculous.

That said, it doesn't take away the legitimacy of the position that mail-in voting, in and of itself, has not been shown to severely compromise election security. As MrV is so fond of pointing out, they have been doing it for decades. But, if that's the position that the opponents of mail-in voting want to take, then you say, "Fine, we will make it more secure by requiring a copy of ID (potentially with redactions, if needed---don't know if any states are still using SSN as DL number) be inserted with the ballot."

At that point, then you can point at Republicans and say, "Sorry, they're being unreasonable."

But, even then, I don't think it survives a Constitutional challenge. The Constitution already specifies certain aspects of how the elections are to be conducted, so the rest, pursuant to the Tenth Amendment, should be left to the individual states by default.

The only way I could see that changing is if Congress (and they would have to pass it anyway) somehow drafted a law that would somehow create separate ballots exclusively for the Office of the President leaving all other ballots to the individual states. Essentially, if the Federal Government were to somehow oversee all aspects of the Presidential Election specifically and the states would continue to handle their own elections for state-level (and lower) offices and have different ballots for same. That seems really unlikely, but I think it could survive a Constitutional challenge.

Obviously, the states would still get to have whatever rules they want for the actual appointment of Electors, (this is specifically granted the states in Article II, Section 1) but maybe the Federal Government could legally handle the ballot process if they made a ballot for the Presidential Election only.

I think it's also important to recall that, 2002 aside (hanging chads---equipment upgrades, federal funds), the states are also the ones actually paying for the Elections themselves.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 20th, 2022 at 10:26:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
As soon as the ACLU doesn't have multiple issues in this area, I'm sure I'll be fine with it.

Quote:
The ACLU is currently litigating voter suppression and minority vote dilution cases in over a dozen states, from coast to coast, in every region of the country. We are the only civil rights organization committed to defending the voting rights of all Americans, with legislative and litigation capacity in all 50 states.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 20th, 2022 at 10:45:26 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
As soon as the ACLU doesn't have multiple issues in this area, I'm sure I'll be fine with it.

They have done, are doing and will do great things. That said, I'd have to look at the cases individually. One sentence saying, "The ACLU has multiple issues in this area," is like telling me PETA has a problem with something, or Christianity Today, to keep it balanced.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 1st, 2022 at 7:24:32 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
It's pretty clear the hate for Harris
According to Trump, Pence had the power to determine who becomes President
Therefore
In the Trump universe, Harris determins who wins the WH 2024
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 16th, 2023 at 11:13:17 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 28 of 28« First<25262728