4 votes (100%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

4 members have voted

April 11th, 2021 at 3:38:47 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: terapined
For me, I only consider F150 or anything Toyota makes.

The MSRP of the UX and NX Lexus models, is not dramatically higher than the MSRP of the Toyota Venza and Sienna models. Would you consider a Lexus?

Lexus SUVs available in hybrid and beginning MSRP for Internal Combustion Engine
$33,000 ICE UX $35,200 hybrid (xtra $2200)
$37,610 ICE NX $40,160 hybrid (xtra $2550)
$45,220 ICE RX $47,820 hybrid (xtra $2600)

$32,570 VENZA - hybrid only
$34,460 SIENNA - hybrid only
$35,085 ICE HIGHLANDER - $38,735 hybrid (xtra $3650)
April 11th, 2021 at 5:01:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
I know many people in Las Vegas that have $60k+ pickup trucks and would never take them off road or get them dirty. They baby them like a luxury car, personally I don't get it. To me a truck is for hauling things and who cares how it looks. For many years I have thought about getting a pick up but then I think about it and I would only utilize it probably once a year. I rarely haul or move anything and if I need to I have plenty of friends that would lend me their truck for a day.

You do not generally buy a pickup to "go off-roading." They are usually too big and long for such activities. Some people do buy them for few times a year utility. I just bought another house to rent out. This time I have not needed a pickup, but if I were to really get into that I would probably get one. I would kind of like Ford to do to the Explorer what Chevy had in the Avalanche. Short bed but you could pop out the backlite and lay plywood flat. Otherwise like an SUV inside. The choice of SUV/pickup is not an easy one.

People that use them that few times find them invaluable for that. Some like being the friend that can help others. One thing to notice is how much harder it is to find a good used pickup than a car or SUV. People keep them forever and use them to death.

As to some of the luxury versions, I do not get that. I can see where some people like the style. To me it is Yuppies wanting to drive what hillbillies dive. We have a weird thing of yuppies wanting to live like hillbillies live but just the utility parts. I do respect how hillbillies make do and make things. But to drive I will take a nice Explorer unless I need to haul over some decked out F-250.
The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 2<12