Chauvin trial

Page 3 of 11<123456>Last »
April 20th, 2021 at 2:30:12 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: ams288
Your fan fiction really sucks.

I definitely missed it.
You'll understand if I don't take your lead on what "sucks".
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
April 20th, 2021 at 2:48:03 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Weirdly, so many of the “law and order” politicians/talking heads seem very depressed by justice actually being served for once.

Can’t imagine why!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 20th, 2021 at 3:09:45 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
Good point! Sports team victories do lead to uncivilized behavior. But it was nothing compared to the BLM nationwide riots. Now that Chauvin has been found guilty of the highest charge, hopefully that will limit the rioting. We shall see!

Interestingly, I’d say Chauvin has a way longer life expectancy in prison than he would as a free man.

That is probably true as he will be in protective custody when not in court doing endless appeals for the foreseeable future. And, he lived a dangerous life before (by that I mean both as a police officer that was involved in many violent situations, and as a bouncer at a very shady nightclub that where he would reportedly frequently get into fights with groups of people, interesting fact both him and George Floyd worked security for this same club during the same time period which almost makes you wonder if there was more at play here, but I guess it does not matter now).
So his life probably is actually safer now (and now with so many people hating him so fervently he probably is even safer in prison).
April 20th, 2021 at 3:11:46 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Interestingly, I’d say Chauvin has a way longer life expectancy in prison than he would as a free man.

He will likely go to a cop unit or some other high security unit. As a LEO the screws will probably not bother him at worst and look out for him at best. Or I could see him ending up in the federal system where security would be better.

Also look for an appeal and said appeal 50/50 to knock it all down to manslaughter.
The President is a fink.
April 20th, 2021 at 3:34:08 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Also look for an appeal and said appeal 50/50 to knock it all down to manslaughter.

“The verdict is supported by the facts. Make no mistake, the facts are solid on this verdict. This verdict will be upheld on appeal.”

-Judge Jeanine Pirro
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 20th, 2021 at 3:57:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Good point! Sports team victories do lead to uncivilized behavior. But it was nothing compared to the BLM nationwide riots. Now that Chauvin has been found guilty of the highest charge, hopefully that will limit the rioting. We shall see!

You may have heard about Fl Gov Desantis leading the way in increasing penalties for protestors engaging in anything beyond peaceful protesting? Pretty sure he and his Republican supporters think he's only targeting the poor, black or Dems. I suspect if harsher laws didn't already exist there's probably a reason.

For instance when some college age sons and daughters of prominent Republicans have a drunken beach party broken up by police and they throw some rocks or break a plate glass window of a business, they will be getting notices of their kids being charged with multiple felonies thanks to Desantis. Oh yeah, those felonies are great for their future.

I suspect if another protest issue like the 60s war comes along, we'll have even more kids out there from judges, police chiefs and politicians. As long as it targeted the poor, black or Dems, it was probably a great idea.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 20th, 2021 at 4:33:46 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
He will likely go to a cop unit or some other high security unit. As a LEO the screws will probably not bother him at worst and look out for him at best. Or I could see him ending up in the federal system where security would be better.

I will bet you ANY amount of money he will not succeed in an appeal to eliminate the murder charges. Or surf and turf dinner if you would prefer that to a money bet.
April 20th, 2021 at 4:36:02 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
You may have heard about Fl Gov Desantis leading the way in increasing penalties for protestors engaging in anything beyond peaceful protesting? Pretty sure he and his Republican supporters think he's only targeting the poor, black or Dems. I suspect if harsher laws didn't already exist there's probably a reason.

For instance when some college age sons and daughters of prominent Republicans have a drunken beach party broken up by police and they throw some rocks or break a plate glass window of a business, they will be getting notices of their kids being charged with multiple felonies thanks to Desantis. Oh yeah, those felonies are great for their future.

I suspect if another protest issue like the 60s war comes along, we'll have even more kids out there from judges, police chiefs and politicians. As long as it targeted the poor, black or Dems, it was probably a great idea.

I have no problem with those ‘kids’ being charged and convicted of felonies if they commit those crimes. Good for Desantis.
April 21st, 2021 at 2:13:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I will bet you ANY amount of money he will not succeed in an appeal to eliminate the murder charges. Or surf and turf dinner if you would prefer that to a money bet.

Not betting when I am not confident. I said 50/50. Even though you are near the best surf and turf I ever had, crab meat stuffed filet. If only I could remember the place.
The President is a fink.
April 21st, 2021 at 2:20:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine

Except a "beach party" is not a protest. Breaking windows and such during protests should carry higher charges. BLM and ANTIFA love to do this kind of stuff then hide as "peaceful protestors." It reminds me of the warden who told me that before Pataki took NY so many NY pols did not take COs getting "gassed" serious. They took it as a joke. Well, Pataki made it a felony and just like that the gassings plummeted

Ever notice it is not the conservative protests that turn violent? If they do it is because a liberal group shows up to start trouble.

But if a beach party turns into a riot let the troublemakers face felony charges.
The President is a fink.
Page 3 of 11<123456>Last »