Chauvin trial

Page 4 of 11<1234567>Last »
April 21st, 2021 at 4:52:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Except a "beach party" is not a protest. Breaking windows and such during protests should carry higher charges. BLM and ANTIFA love to do this kind of stuff then hide as "peaceful protestors." It reminds me of the warden who told me that before Pataki took NY so many NY pols did not take COs getting "gassed" serious. They took it as a joke. Well, Pataki made it a felony and just like that the gassings plummeted

Ever notice it is not the conservative protests that turn violent? If they do it is because a liberal group shows up to start trouble.

But if a beach party turns into a riot let the troublemakers face felony charges.

Quote:
Under common law, the crime of riot requires the assemblage of three or more actors.

A beach party can turn into an unlawful assembly. Not sure why a drunken protest to not be shut down is not a protest.

Anyway, I’m sure the party of “law and order” will agree with you and enjoy Desantis unintended consequences.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 21st, 2021 at 5:35:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
A beach party can turn into an unlawful assembly. Not sure why a drunken protest to not be shut down is not a protest.

Anyway, I’m sure the party of “law and order” will agree with you and enjoy Desantis unintended consequences.

And I am sure we have tons of problems of beach parties turning into riots.....
The President is a fink.
April 21st, 2021 at 9:01:22 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
You may have heard about Fl Gov Desantis leading the way in increasing penalties for protestors engaging in anything beyond peaceful protesting? Pretty sure he and his Republican supporters think he's only targeting the poor, black or Dems. I suspect if harsher laws didn't already exist there's probably a reason.

For instance when some college age sons and daughters of prominent Republicans have a drunken beach party broken up by police and they throw some rocks or break a plate glass window of a business, they will be getting notices of their kids being charged with multiple felonies thanks to Desantis. Oh yeah, those felonies are great for their future.

I suspect if another protest issue like the 60s war comes along, we'll have even more kids out there from judges, police chiefs and politicians. As long as it targeted the poor, black or Dems, it was probably a great idea.

Who cares as long as the law is applied equally? I was pretty young when my Mom taught me there's no excuse to break someone else's stuff. It's really an easy concept.

Start at #3

1.) Break it and go to #6.

2.) Do not break it.

3.) Do I want this thing broken?

---If no, go to #2.

---If yes, go to #4

4.) Does this item belong to me?

---If no, go to #2

---If yes, go to #5

5.) Go to #1.

6.) Seek mental help.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 21st, 2021 at 9:03:51 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Not betting when I am not confident. I said 50/50. Even though you are near the best surf and turf I ever had, crab meat stuffed filet. If only I could remember the place.

Well, it's a coin flip and you'd have dinner with SOOPOO either way. Maybe negotiate that the winner picks up the tip.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 21st, 2021 at 9:04:47 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

Ever notice it is not the conservative protests that turn violent? If they do it is because a liberal group shows up to start trouble.

(Quote clipped, relevance)

Well, there was that whole storming the Capitol Building thing that got a bit out of hand.
April 21st, 2021 at 9:10:34 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Mission146
(Quote clipped, relevance)

Well, there was that whole storming the Capitol Building thing that got a bit out of hand.

Everyone knows that was ANTIFA in whiteface.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 21st, 2021 at 9:29:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Mission146
Who cares as long as the law is applied equally? I was pretty young when my Mom taught me there's no excuse to break someone else's stuff. It's really an easy concept.

I guarantee our Republican Governor didn't pass that law while thinking about fairness or the concerns of his wealthy or prominent Mommies and Daddies will have when their kids start ending up with felonies instead of misdemeanors. I'm just pointing it out.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 21st, 2021 at 9:30:39 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I guarantee our Republican Governor didn't pass that law while thinking about fairness or the concerns of his wealthy or prominent Mommies and Daddies will have when their kids start ending up with felonies instead of misdemeanors. I'm just pointing it out.

Oh, probably not. I don't really know a ton about him, so I certainly don't disagree.
April 21st, 2021 at 11:25:06 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: ams288
Everyone knows that was ANTIFA in whiteface.

Absolutely right and they should keep arresting and prosecuting people until they find the ANTIFA instigators.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
April 21st, 2021 at 11:38:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: JimRockford
Absolutely right and they should keep arresting and prosecuting people until they find the ANTIFA instigators.

Good one!
Page 4 of 11<1234567>Last »