Chauvin trial

April 21st, 2021 at 4:29:45 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
It’s clear Fox News/the right wanted Chauvin to be found innocent because they WANTED riots across the country. Something to blame on Biden.

You can sense the disappointment.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 21st, 2021 at 4:33:59 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: JCW09
I definitely missed it.

A day later and I am retracting the above.
The jury missed it & just mailed in the verdict taking the path of least resistance.
Does anyone believe the jury carefully weigh both sides of the case presented over 3 weeks in a mere 10 hours?
It only took them 40 minutes to review each day's evidence with 12 individuals asking pertinent questions?

I stand by my statement that the 3rd Degree Murder charge was inapplicable.
Chauvin's actions that day did not "perpetrate an act eminently dangerous to others"
The "Others" is plural for a reason. Chauvin may have perpetrated an act dangerous to George, but that's not 3rd Degree.
3rd Degree requires depraved heart (e.g. shooting into a crowd, intentionally driving onto a sidewalk, brick off a freeway overpass, etc.)
You didn't intend to murder any specific person, you intended to perpetrate an eminently dangerous act towards a group of others
There was no group of others in this case.

The Jury expects us to believe that while carefully considering the case, none of them had any questions for the judge?
Really?!? They understood the nuances of the law under each of the charges that well? Bull$hit
They clearly didn't understand 3rd Degree Murder!
My guess is the jury went into the room, no one had the intelligence or the balls to ask any serious questions.
They all voted guilty in the first 30 minutes of deliberation & then said we better wait until tomorrow to say we're all done.
I could care less about Chauvin, I think he pressed down on that criminal for too long.
But the mob rule mentality that has been given the "wink & nod" from the Jury Box in this case is not good for the country.

I could have seen them come back with Murder 2 guilty verdict believing intent and acquitted on 3rd Degree & Manslaughter.
I would have believed they gave a $hit if they had acquitted on Murder 2 & 3 and convicted on Manslaughter.
But guilty on all three charges, that jury didn't know WTF they were even supposed to be considering in deliberations.

But jury's get it wrong, Rodney King jury got it wrong. OJ's jury got it wrong. it happens.

"Lock and Load" Ladies & Gentlemen, the police are even less likely to be answering those 911 calls for help
Career cops are retiring in mass across the country & no one is signing up to replace them
Response times will stretch out, white officers won't even respond to call concerning a non-white suspect.
Why take a chance, just write a report on the murder/rape/armed robbery later
Take that same path of least resistance that the jury took in Floyd case.

The mob wants to defund the Police, so be it, take care of yourselves.
It's like AMS said, if you aren't getting a COVID Vaccine, you're on you own.
It will be like that for Black & Brown communities in every major city.
Not taking the vaccine equals defunding the police, I sure as hell don't care what you do.
But you will get to live with the consequences.

It's no wonder guns and ammo keep flying off the shelves.
Might I recommend investing in VSTO (closed @ $32.16), earnings due out on 5/6.
if you don't think there is an ammo shortage in this country for the next 24 months,
I think I know someone that has a bridge for sale.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
April 21st, 2021 at 6:38:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
It's hard to imagine what Chauvin was thinking, except, I'm going to kill this guy. Why? Well, it's not hard to control someone's head without extreme pressure with your knee. Your weight and your leg is way overmatched against someone's neck. And he had 3 other guys and handcuffs at work for him
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 21st, 2021 at 6:42:47 PM permalink
rxwine
At best, Floyd probably could apply some resistance with his neck for the first minute. Then he's done for the most part.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 21st, 2021 at 7:45:29 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
It's hard to imagine what Chauvin was thinking, except, I'm going to kill this guy.

I don't believe that at all.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 21st, 2021 at 8:28:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DRich
I don't believe that at all.

Do you believe he wasn't aware he was putting excessive pressure?
April 21st, 2021 at 8:33:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Have you almost accidently killed someone with some sort of neck throttle without realizing it?
April 22nd, 2021 at 2:21:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Do you believe he wasn't aware he was putting excessive pressure?

Yes.
The President is a fink.
April 22nd, 2021 at 4:58:47 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
It's hard to imagine what Chauvin was thinking, except, I'm going to kill this guy. Why? Well, it's not hard to control someone's head without extreme pressure with your knee. Your weight and your leg is way overmatched against someone's neck. And he had 3 other guys and handcuffs at work for him

If the prosecutors had felt that Chauvin thought ‘I’m going to kill this guy’, it would have been ‘intentional murder’, not ‘unintentional murder’ which he was charged and convicted of. Chauvin as the bully he is wanted Floyd to know that Chauvin ‘owned’ Floyd, but did not want Floyd dead. His stupidity at not knowing it might happen as a result of his malfeasance is more about his not giving a shit about Floyd than him actually wanting him dead. Maybe a nuance, but Chauvin is an ‘unintentional murderer’, not an ‘intentional murderer’.
April 22nd, 2021 at 7:25:05 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
It’s clear Fox News/the right wanted Chauvin to be found innocent because they WANTED riots across the country. Something to blame on Biden.

You can sense the disappointment.

I think that it's a fair play. Is there any question that there would have been rioting, looting, vandalism and destruction had Chauvin got off?

Of course, I don't think there was ever any reasonable possibility of him being acquitted as to all charges.

Anyway, score one for the justice system as far as Chauvin goes; they got one right and justice has basically happened. I hope Chauvin never sees the light of day again, maybe we'll get lucky and he'll kill himself, but justice has been served to the fullest extent it could (barring appeal) and to the letter of the law on this one.

Maybe the reference to Foot Locker, specifically, is a little out of line--reading between the lines.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman