Why aren't battery power vehicles cheaper?

April 24th, 2021 at 6:16:12 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: Gandler
I am flagging your post, I am not bothered by the personal insult, but blatant death wishing (along with a lazy way to skirt the profanity filter) is going too far.

Noooooooooooooo!
Say in ain't so.
"blatant death wishing", SMH
You're the one that said you live in the carbon monoxide cesspool that is NJ.
Somehow it's my fault for pointing out that NJ residents are dying disproportionately from Covid.
According to you NJ Residents are also subject to exposure to excess carbon monoxide poisoning.
So yeah, if you live in NJ your life is likely to be shorter than if you lived in another state.
Quit melting, save some money and move if you're that concerned about carbon it.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
April 24th, 2021 at 6:38:15 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Pacomartin
Most of the states that are most interested in ZEV policies are ones that presently cannot generate the electricity they consume. Exceptions are Oregon and Connecticut.

Currently there are nine states that have adopted California's ZEV regulations :
Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Oregon, Rhode Island and Vermont.

1. -58.09% Massachusetts=============
  2. -57.81% Vermont=============
  3. -54.15% Delaware
  4. -35.23% Maryland=============
  5. -23.25% Idaho
  6. -19.41% California=============
  7. -19.20% Ohio
  8. -18.24% Virginia
  9. -17.53% Tennessee
  10. -11.33% Minnesota
  11. -10.58% Maine=============
  12. -9.61% New York=============
  13. -9.23% Wisconsin
  14. -7.62% Georgia
  15. -4.70% Kentucky
  16. -3.92% New Jersey=============
  17. -3.86% North Carolina
  18. -0.73% Missouri
  19. -0.32% Colorado
  20. 0.39% Indiana
  21. 2.19% Florida
  22. 3.14% Hawaii
  23. 3.73% Rhode Island=============
  24. 4.33% Alaska
  25. 7.57% Louisiana
  26. 7.86% Nevada
  27. 8.28% U.S. Total
  28. 12.54% Texas
  29. 12.73% South Dakota
  30. 15.26% Michigan
  31. 16.93% Washington
  32. 20.83% Iowa
  33. 22.76% Nebraska
  34. 23.52% Oregon=============hydroelectric power
  35. 23.64% Kansas
  36. 24.81% South Carolina
  37. 25.61% Utah
  38. 31.52% Oklahoma
  39. 33.37% Illinois
  40. 34.00% Arkansas
  41. 34.74% Mississippi
  42. 41.38% New Mexico
  43. 43.55% Connecticut=============42% of Connecticut's electricity net generation came from the Millstone nuclear power station.
  44. 45.71% Arizona
  45. 57.30% Pennsylvania
  46. 61.96% Alabama
  47. 68.29% New Hampshire
  48. 81.43% Montana
  49. 90.86% North Dakota
  50. 92.27% West Virginia
  51. 151.41% Wyoming

Connecticut has one of the least energy-intensive economies and uses less energy to produce each dollar of gross domestic product (GDP) than all other states except California, Massachusetts and New York.

Quote: US Energy Information
Pennsylvania's marketed natural gas production, primarily from the Marcellus Shale, reached almost 7 trillion cubic feet in 2019, and the state is the nation's second-largest natural gas producer after Texas.
Pennsylvania was the third-largest coal-producing state in the nation in 2018, and it was the second-largest coal exporter to foreign markets.
In 2019, Pennsylvania ranked second in the nation after Illinois in electricity generation from nuclear power. However, Pennsylvania’s natural gas-fired power plants surpassed nuclear power as the largest provider of in-state electricity for the first time in 2019.
About half of Pennsylvania households use natural gas as their primary home heating fuel, and its 49 underground gas storage sites--the most for any state--are key for helping to meet heating demand in winter.
Pennsylvania is the third-largest net supplier of energy to other states, after Wyoming and Texas.

You would think that PA would support EV's, but they want nothing to do with it.

I hope that more States will support nuclear power like PA , it seems to be the best option as far as safety, capacity, and emissions. I can't see any reasons to oppose it, most people who are against it are due to media exaggerated fears. Its really the best option for "green energy" that currently works, really the main thing opposing it (other than fears) are the costs (financial) which should be accepted. It seems to be simply the best.
April 24th, 2021 at 6:54:45 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: JCW09
Noooooooooooooo!
Say in ain't so.
"blatant death wishing", SMH
You're the one that said you live in the carbon monoxide cesspool that is NJ.
Somehow it's my fault for pointing out that NJ residents are dying disproportionately from Covid.
According to you NJ Residents are also subject to exposure to excess carbon monoxide poisoning.
So yeah, if you live in NJ your life is likely to be shorter than if you lived in another state.
Quit melting, save some money and move if you're that concerned about carbon it.

Of course the State with the heaviest population density in the country is going to have the highest carbon monoxide exposure and COVID-19 spread.....

Anyway, this is a cheap cop-out, your post was a blatantly intended to be directed towards me.

Also, that is not even true, not even close NJ is one of the States with the longest life expectancy (#8). And, all of the States beating it are "blue states"..... In fact the only Red States that are even in the 80s are Utah (which is very rural and very religious, Mormon to be specific so no alcohol, no tobacco, no caffeine, etc.... very healthy), and Florida (where many people retire to so they are already elderly when moving there....). The fact that NJ is so high on the list despite the the high population density (highest in the country) is a testimony to how the policies save lives. So no, living in NJ is not likely to shorten your life than in any other State....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_life_expectancy
April 24th, 2021 at 7:11:37 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Yeah, what he said!
A "cheap cop out" and "none of its true"!
Here is my Wiki link, so there!
Insert crying baby emoji here.
The kid comes on here and snowflake bitches about carbon monoxide
And now suddenly there is nothing to see here and everyone lives a wonderful long life in NJ
Whatever dude, make up your mind!
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
April 24th, 2021 at 7:23:45 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: JCW09
Yeah, what he said!
A "cheap cop out" and "none of its true"!
Here is my Wiki link, so there!
Insert crying baby emoji here.
The kid comes on here and snowflake bitches about carbon monoxide
And now suddenly there is nothing to see here and everyone lives a wonderful long life in NJ
Whatever dude, make up your mind!

And, I though carbon monoxide was toxic, I guess that was before I was exposed to your posts.

Anyway if you have an actual link to more reliable average death age stats feel free to post them. If not, the burden is on you to prove your assertion that living in NJ lowers your life expectancy.
April 25th, 2021 at 4:30:27 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
Carbon Monoxide is extremely dangerous.

Carbon Monoxide poisoning, kills over 400 people in the U.S. every year, and sickens tens of thousands more.

CO binds to hemoglobin 210 times more tightly than oxygen. Making the blood less able to deliver oxygen to tissue. The liver slowly separates the CO from the hemoglobin, but the half life for CO in the blood is four to six hours. You will feel sick and very sleepy for two days after a mild CO poisoning.

NYC law allows people who document and report idling trucks and busses, to collect a bounty of 25% of the $350 fine for idling.

Particulate matter is the main cause of air pollution related deaths.

In 2019, sixty-thousand U.S. deaths were attributed to air pollution.
April 25th, 2021 at 4:56:23 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Subaru's new BEV built in cooperation with Toyota on a shared platform.

Toyota unveils it's first BEV, a version of the C-HR, a Subcompact sport utility vehicle which sells fairly poorly in the US as an ICE variant.
April 25th, 2021 at 5:12:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tanko
Carbon Monoxide poisoning, kills over 400 people in the U.S. every year, and sickens tens of thousands more.

CO binds to hemoglobin 210 times more tightly than oxygen. Making the blood less able to deliver oxygen to tissue. The liver slowly separates the CO from the hemoglobin, but the half life for CO in the blood is four to six hours. You will feel sick and very sleepy for two days after a mild CO poisoning.

I knew a guy almost died from it. He had a couple acres with a little barn garage behind the house. Several Mopar barn finds in there. Said back in the day he was working on the cars and noticed getting sick. Tried to get back to the house but made it halfway. Collapsed and laid there for hours. Crawled back in and couldn't move.

CO is nothing to mess with, but standing in the city with cars going by is nothing to worry about. Not these days.
The President is a fink.
April 25th, 2021 at 6:24:31 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Tanko

NYC law allows people who document and report idling trucks and busses, to collect a bounty of 25% of the $350 fine for idling.

Particulate matter is the main cause of air pollution related deaths.

In 2019, sixty-thousand U.S. deaths were attributed to air pollution.

Exactly, its a huge health concern that is often overlooked in much of the country, several States have idling laws. I think NJ was one of the first (maybe the first) State for such strict idling laws.
And, I think that is a great program for NYC.
April 25th, 2021 at 10:32:49 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I think environmentalist should generally refocus on balance over just talking about cleaning up the environment. Then it gets the focus on managing the production of waste to its waste processing.

It’s easier to ignore the mismanagement of air quality, versus the mismanagement of our sewer system. You can bet people notice when balance of the sewer system starts favoring overflows of sewage.

We do sometimes talk about it, like with forest management, cutting and regrowing rates. But we should talk about it with everything.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?