Black Lives Matter

Page 2 of 7<12345>Last »
April 24th, 2021 at 10:04:25 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
The BLM movement is trying to set things up politically for the blacks to make a claim for "reparations" for their ancestors having been enslaved.

The game plan is to make whites feel collectively guilty and then swoop in, seeking to get a huge payday while the moment lasts.

Hopefully that will never happen: blacks have the key to escaping poverty, it just takes determination, education, and keeping out of trouble.

Epic fail by the American blacks: they could have been contenders.
April 24th, 2021 at 10:20:14 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Petition to rename this thread to:

“New” member missedhervee’s angry rants about black people
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 24th, 2021 at 10:23:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
The BLM movement is trying to set things up politically for the blacks to make a claim for "reparations" for their ancestors having been enslaved.

The game plan is to make whites feel collectively guilty and then swoop in, seeking to get a huge payday while the moment lasts.

Hopefully that will never happen: blacks have the key to escaping poverty, it just takes determination, education, and keeping out of trouble.

Epic fail by the American blacks: they could have been contenders.

Sadly there is too big a segment of society that would rather work for a possible government handout than just work to better their lives.
The President is a fink.
April 24th, 2021 at 11:20:35 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: ams288
Petition to rename this thread to: “New” member missedhervee’s angry rants about black people

More frustration than anger.

I've been around black folks most of my adult life; had black friends in college and worked as a college recruiter for an all black college for awhile: I know that of which I speak.

The final straw is the ongoing chaos in the streets: eerily reminiscent of the riots of the mid-sixties.

About the only change I see that BLM has made is the increased frequency of black actors in commercials, including mixed race commercials: a sop, pure and simple.
January 27th, 2023 at 4:47:11 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The Memphis video has just been released
I just watched the police beat a man to death.
I am beyond shocked
To see a human being beaten like that is incredibly disturbing.
https://wreg.com/news/local/tyre-nichols/tyre-nichols-video-released-by-memphis-police/amp/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 27th, 2023 at 4:57:00 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
The Memphis video has just been released
I just watched the police beat a man to death.
I am beyond shocked
To see a human being beaten like that is incredibly disturbing.
https://wreg.com/news/local/tyre-nichols/tyre-nichols-video-released-by-memphis-police/amp/

**** tha Police
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 27th, 2023 at 5:19:25 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288
**** tha Police

Interesting
This was a special Police force called the SCORPION Unit
Street Crimes Operation to Restore Peace in Our Neighborhoods
Looks like they forgot to "Restore Peace" and resorted to deadly violence instead
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 27th, 2023 at 6:02:58 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
If this is the story I think it is…. This was 5 Black cops beating the crap out of a Black guy, right? I think this is more of a ‘Civilian Lives Matter’ issue. And of course, this is an easy example of bad cops. That deserve punishment. The color of the victim and the perpetrators happen to be the same. Who knows exactly why the cops went rogue? The one thing I don’t think they did was say to each other …. ‘Hey brothers, let’s find a guy to beat the shit out if, and of course, let’s make sure he is Black….’

There are doctors that abuse patients.
Their are priests that abuse choir boys
Their are cops that abuse citizens.

Find them all. Prosecute them all. Race doesn’t matter.
January 27th, 2023 at 6:44:02 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO
If this is the story I think it is…. This was 5 Black cops beating the crap out of a Black guy, right? I think this is more of a ‘Civilian Lives Matter’ issue..

The race of the cops is immaterial.
Black Lives Matter is about the police disregarding Black Lives over and over. This would have never happened to a white driver.
Its not anti white cop or anti cop
Its anti bad cop regardless of the cops race
BLACK LIVES MATTER
January 28th, 2023 at 3:56:41 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I watched the full video

- full case of resisting arrest

- Nichols escaped multiple cops in the first attempt to arrest him

- on the second attempt, minutes later, he says things to indicate he's cooperating, but he's still fully resisting

- the cops use everything they have, taser, pepper spray, multi-person wrestling

- presumably are beating him with batons etc, but the nbc video does not show this too clearly. Was some better video just not shown?

- he clearly is subdued by 13 minutes on youtube , 20:37 real time

- at one point a cop says the guy had his hand on his gun

- if an ambulance was called, I don't see it

- Nichols is not unconscious at the end

Some thoughts:

The picture of him in the hospital pretty much says he was beaten. The cops were reverting back to the age-old method of subduing someone, beat them until they submit. We know now, since Rodney King, that you just can’t do it this way anymore. They knew they were being recorded, so it says to me that they have been getting away with this … no one was reviewing bodycam, and they knew it, or maybe they as a special task force had been told to use whatever means they need to all along.

The guy keeps trying to get away, even past the point where the cops must have felt he was finally subdued, for example he was handcuffed. To some degree he was feigning submission in my opinion, so he could still try to get away. Basically, he was crazy to keep trying but good at it, too. He would just not quit, debatably still trying at the end of the video.

He needed medical attention, did he get it too late?

Now here goes with some controversial statements. Anyone who resists arrest is risking an outcome like this. The police here would really have to have internalized totally the idea that such a guy just has to be let go. The taser isn’t getting it done, nor the pepper spray. Wrestling the guy isn’t working. Is it reasonable to expect the police to just let him go? Would they keep their jobs if they did that?

Final thought: the people saying 'how awful', are they going by the video, or are they just going by the fact the guy died ?

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 2 of 7<12345>Last »