Black Lives Matter

Page 3 of 7<123456>Last »
January 28th, 2023 at 5:36:26 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
so, here we go , the NY Post, labels a video as terrible awful and shows them beating the dude

I see tasers and wrestling and resisting arrest, I do not see anyone beating him

he *says* things to make a viewer sympathize with him, which seems to be carrying the day. Personally, I don't care that he calls out to his 'mama' ........................... I mean, really!

Is this a 'white guy thing' to disapprove of resisting arrest? Absolutely everybody and everything everywhere is totally ignoring that he is resisting arrest. Even the other police departments around the country are condemning 'what they see' and are saying nothing about resisting arrest. I agree, you can't beat him for resisting arrest, and they did. But the coverage is about his protests of innocence and claiming the video is so awful. Then I watch it and about all I see is a nut resisting arrest. I have incurable white guy disease I guess.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/27/over-an-hour-of-footage-reveals-horror-of-fatal-tyre-nichols-police-beating/
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 28th, 2023 at 5:49:37 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Police often deal with resisting arrest or a suspect fleeing
Happens everyday
But
They don't beat a man to death once they catch him
I think he was fleeing for his life
What instigated the traffic stop?
Driving while Black?
My reaction to the video was more then terrible and awful. It sickens me to watch a man beaten to death.
The pole cam from above is most damming
They are holding him up so they can beat him more. Sick
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 28th, 2023 at 6:29:25 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: odiousgambit
so, here we go , the NY Post, labels a video as terrible awful and shows them beating the dude

I see tasers and wrestling and resisting arrest, I do not see anyone beating him

he *says* things to make a viewer sympathize with him, which seems to be carrying the day. Personally, I don't care that he calls out to his 'mama' ........................... I mean, really!

Is this a 'white guy thing' to disapprove of resisting arrest? Absolutely everybody and everything everywhere is totally ignoring that he is resisting arrest. Even the other police departments around the country are condemning 'what they see' and are saying nothing about resisting arrest. I agree, you can't beat him for resisting arrest, and they did. But the coverage is about his protests of innocence and claiming the video is so awful. Then I watch it and about all I see is a nut resisting arrest. I have incurable white guy disease I guess.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/27/over-an-hour-of-footage-reveals-horror-of-fatal-tyre-nichols-police-beating/

Did you not see the video from the pole cam? It showed the beating fairly clearly.

After getting him on the ground and doing running kicks to the head, baton, taser, pepper spray…

They stand him up and hold his hand behind his back while they all take turns pummeling his face.
January 28th, 2023 at 6:53:06 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Looks like the traffic stop was for driving Black
You have to be scared for your life if the only reason you are pulled over for is because you are Black
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 28th, 2023 at 7:12:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I often wonder about the resisting arrest charges. What if someone had their foot on a couple of your fingers while they're telling to stop resisting? Or otherwise doing something painful that isn't obvious. Twisting your wrist. A knee jammed under your ribs. Or if I can't breathe, I'm gonna be moving whether I'm told to hold still or not. It's instinctive. And then you keep getting beaten for resisting.

Are you going to probably look like you're still resisting? Probably.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 28th, 2023 at 7:17:36 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: terapined
Looks like the traffic stop was for driving Black
You have to be scared for your life if the only reason you are pulled over for is because you are Black
I really can't imagine Black cops doing this. They may have had a previous engagement with this particular guy.

Quote: gamerfreak
Did you not see the video from the pole cam? It showed the beating fairly clearly.

After getting him on the ground and doing running kicks to the head, baton, taser, pepper spray…

They stand him up and hold his hand behind his back while they all take turns pummeling his face.
I'll look again

Quote: rxwine
I often wonder about the resisting arrest charges. What if someone had their foot on a couple of your fingers while they're telling to stop resisting? Or otherwise doing something painful that isn't obvious. Twisting your wrist. Or if I can't breathe, I'm gonna be moving whether I'm told to hold still or not. It's instinctive. And then you keep getting beaten for resisting.

Not buying it in this case
January 28th, 2023 at 7:17:54 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Quote: rxwine
I often wonder about the resisting arrest charges. What if someone had their foot on a couple of your fingers while they're telling to stop resisting? Or otherwise doing something painful that isn't obvious. Twisting your wrist. A knee jammed under your ribs. Or if I can't breathe, I'm gonna be moving whether I'm told to hold still or not. It's instinctive. And then you keep getting beaten for resisting.

In most cases, the storm troopers just yell “stop resisting” to try and cover their ass while they continue to beat the victim and make no effort to detain them properly.
January 28th, 2023 at 7:35:37 AM permalink
odiousgambit
the pole camera footage starting at 13 minutes in, youtube spot, shows them moving a limp body, probably unconscious, I don't see any beatings in the video I posted for that period in time

if someone can site the footage that shows the pole camera beatings I'd appreciate it

I've already stated they must have beat him, from the picture in the hospital bed
January 28th, 2023 at 7:37:42 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Quote: odiousgambit
the pole camera footage starting at 13 minutes in, youtube spot, shows them moving a limp body, probably unconscious, I don't see any beatings in the video I posted for that period in time

if someone can site the footage that shows the pole camera beatings I'd appreciate it

I've already stated they must have beat him, from the picture in the hospital bed

https://vimeo.com/793509012
January 28th, 2023 at 7:38:08 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: gamerfreak
In most cases, the storm troopers just yell “stop resisting” to try and cover their ass while they continue to beat the victim and make no effort to detain them properly.
Not buying it in this case

also not saying they didn't beat him. But probably while resisting. Maybe not. Like to see it.
Page 3 of 7<123456>Last »