Black Lives Matter

Page 7 of 7« First<4567
February 16th, 2023 at 1:35:31 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: terapined
Quote: odiousgambit
Activist? This article could be acting out what I have been complaining about, twisting the obvious truism that black lives matter into the idea that, since that is so, anybody who believes that supports the *organization* Black Lives Matter. Neither this article or the linked article says that Stapleton supports BLM and these articles do not quote him saying that.

Or perhaps Stapleton supports BLM, rightly is regarded as an activist, but the articles failed to provide that information, being incompetent, or, likely, think we are so %$#^%$# stupid that if someone says “do I think Black lives matter? Absolutely ... I don’t know how you could think they don’t” as Stapleton is quoted as saying, that means they support BLM the organizaton and no more needs be said. Funny, I can be quoted as saying almost exactly the same thing,* and I think you can tell I don't think much of BLM

Or the writer of the MSN.com article and the linked article is *actually* that stupid, also likely

* I also think to reply "all lives matter", though true, is inappropriate, since it dilutes the message. So there.

I agree using "activist" was wrong
Hes simply a BLM supporter just like me
We both agree that Black Lives Matter :-)
all 3 of us, and probably Greene too, though she would add "because all lives matter" LOL
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 16th, 2023 at 3:52:22 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
When I read the post that he is a BLM supporter I just assumed we were talking about an environmentalist for the Bureau of Land Management. Seriously, I did. It never even crossed my mind that it was referring to Black Lives Matter.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
Page 7 of 7« First<4567