Israel under Siege

Page 3 of 17<123456>Last »
May 17th, 2021 at 6:07:10 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
College professors would probably be on the far left. Funding probably needs to be scaled back as Israel is doing very well now. She needed help years ago but is today a booming economy. This is fairly recent. I saw a YT video on inflation in countries and Israel was near hyperinflation as late as the early 1980s.

When I was way younger I did not know what the conflict was all about and was not sure the side I was on. As I got older I saw how awful the Palestinians were about everything. They could try to make Gaza viable, they choose not to.

I actually somewhat agree.

However, when people want to cut all aid to Israel, and not cut any of the funding of nations nearby that in many cases are openly hostile is usually for one reason (they are hoping Israel will lose power).
May 17th, 2021 at 6:50:28 AM permalink
Gandler
This is probably the most honest interview that I have heard on the current situation:

https://youtu.be/gRAoGOX-8qc

May 17th, 2021 at 7:21:18 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
I thought it was a great military move to fool Hamas into believing that Israeli military ground forces were invading Gaza which caused Hamas to send their fighters into their underground tunnels (the "Metro” - a network of dozens of kilometers of tunnels that crisscrossed Gaza) and then bomb the crap out of the "Metro".

There wouldn't be this "war" if Trump was still president.
Let's go Brandon
May 17th, 2021 at 3:52:33 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://unctad.org/news/unrealized-potential-palestinian-oil-and-gas-reserves

"Without a doubt, developing Palestine’s energy resources wouldn’t be in Israel’s best interest. The revenues of oil and gas would give more force to the Palestinians – and Hamas – and this is what Israel is trying to prevent. Of course, The Israel-Palestine conflict is not all about resources, but we can’t ignore the fact that we are living in the age of energy.

Here we have 2 questions:

1. Why it is difficult to find information about Palestine’s oil and gas resources on internet? Even Wikipedia doesn’t mention it nor do most encyclopaedias and other academic resources.

2. Why has most mainstream media completely ignored the Palestinian oil and gas matter?

Perhaps they don’t want us to know about it. It is geopolitically useful for people to believe this is about something as simple as an eye for an eye or about “self-defense.” The whole world is watching Israel’s unbelievably brutal offensive for about 20 days… but incredibly, the media never mentions the Palestinians’ natural resources or the fact that Israel has thwarted Palestine’s efforts to develop them. They instead show a singular focus on Hamas, “the terrorists” as they love to call them: the ones who threatening Israel – the good guys as they also love to show! But is that rational?"

https://www.exposingtruth.com/gaza-oil-gas-real-reason-behind-war
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 17th, 2021 at 5:09:31 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: petroglyph
https://unctad.org/news/unrealized-potential-palestinian-oil-and-gas-reserves

"Without a doubt, developing Palestine’s energy resources wouldn’t be in Israel’s best interest. The revenues of oil and gas would give more force to the Palestinians – and Hamas – and this is what Israel is trying to prevent. Of course, The Israel-Palestine conflict is not all about resources, but we can’t ignore the fact that we are living in the age of energy.

Here we have 2 questions:

1. Why it is difficult to find information about Palestine’s oil and gas resources on internet? Even Wikipedia doesn’t mention it nor do most encyclopaedias and other academic resources.

2. Why has most mainstream media completely ignored the Palestinian oil and gas matter?

Perhaps they don’t want us to know about it. It is geopolitically useful for people to believe this is about something as simple as an eye for an eye or about “self-defense.” The whole world is watching Israel’s unbelievably brutal offensive for about 20 days… but incredibly, the media never mentions the Palestinians’ natural resources or the fact that Israel has thwarted Palestine’s efforts to develop them. They instead show a singular focus on Hamas, “the terrorists” as they love to call them: the ones who threatening Israel – the good guys as they also love to show! But is that rational?"

https://www.exposingtruth.com/gaza-oil-gas-real-reason-behind-war

1. Maybe there is a reason academic sources do not mention it....

2. See above.....

The mainstream media and academic sources also do not mention unicorns in Kashmir, maybe that is the real reason for that conflict?....

Anyway the fact that you do not view Hamas as terrorists basically confirms your pushing of conspiracies.

This goes to just about every modern issue. If mainstream media and academic sources are not reporting something, it's not a conspiracy, it's because there is nothing to discuss.... I will say this most recent election has made the right far more accepting of absurd conspiracies.... If there is zero evidence and no reporting of something, it's not a black ops conspiracy, generally it's because there is nothing to report.....

Also, responding to rockets being fired into your county does not make you the one on the offensive (the ones firing the rockets are). And, yes Israel is the good guy. I have zero doubt about this.
May 17th, 2021 at 6:16:19 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Two years after Trump imposed sanctions on Iran, the country was down to only $4 billion in reserves. They were forced to cut funding to terrorists, like Hamas.

In early March, Biden lifted some of the sanctions, which immediately gave Iran access to at least $3 billion. Weeks later, following four years of relative quiet, Hamas began firing thousands of rockets into Israel.

So much damage and not even four months in office.
May 17th, 2021 at 6:53:35 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Are you claiming that Hammas was able to acquire and stockpile all those rockets since ByeByeDonny was elected?

Seems unlikely to me.
May 17th, 2021 at 6:59:23 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I ask what would be the US response if Mexico started sending THOUSANDS of missiles into Texas? Would we politely ask them to stop? Or would we use our superior military force to take out whatever targets we see as possible sources as the bombs? It is interesting that Hamas now is using missiles to attack, as opposed to a while ago when they would send their young adults and children onto buses with vests laden with bombs. Israel has negotiated agreements with non terrorist countries like Egypt, but what can you do with a terror organization running a country? Basically what they are doing, responding to force with force. Fortunately, Israel has both better offensive and defensive capabilities.

This is not a difficult decision. Supporting Israel is perhaps the one issue Biden and Trump agree on.
May 17th, 2021 at 7:05:44 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: SOOPOO
This is not a difficult decision. Supporting Israel is perhaps the one issue Biden and Trump agree on.

Indeed.

Byebyedonny may not love Israel like Trump did, but he's savvy enough to tell the pro-Palestinian democratic progressives to go jump in a lake.

To old Joe's credit he seems not to be falling too much under the sway of the leftist elements in his party, choosing instead to chart a predictable, moderately liberal course.

A refreshing change after the carnage caused by his predecessor.
May 17th, 2021 at 7:15:02 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Gandler
Anyway the fact that you do not view Hamas as terrorists basically confirms your pushing of conspiracies.
I quoted a published story with a link to it. Never have I defended Hamas.

As far as believing there are huge NG reserves in the Levant basin, I stand by that belief. I also think that Gaza probably has as much rights to the resources offshore from their territory as anyone else does.

You continually berate them for living off of Israels largesse, but how are they ever going to get off the dole if they can't harvest anything within reasonable distance of where they have lived for a very long time?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 3 of 17<123456>Last »