Israel under Siege

May 25th, 2021 at 4:35:07 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler
Quote: terapined
Quote: Tanko
Michael Goodwin is a writer for the NY Post.

This is his most recent article: Inside the Dems’ betrayal of Israel:

"A defining moment came last Tuesday when Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib, the first Palestinian woman elected to Congress, confronted Biden at the Detroit airport and argued American aid to Israel was funding atrocities against Palestinians."

"The tarmac face-off lasted eight minutes, and Biden later lavished praise on Tlaib’s “passion and concern for so many people.”

"The very next day, Biden flipped sides and demanded Israel de-escalate immediately and move toward a cease-fire."

Why should we give money to Israel
The extreme welfare fraud in NY among the Orthodox is not enough.
Why should my tax dollars support a religious state, especially one on the other side of the world.
How about balancing the budget and let Israel pay for itself
How about Israel supporting those lazy orthodox Jews in NY that just pray all day on the taxpayers dime.
I'm shocked conservatives let these people get away with welfare fraud
White privilege. Look the other way?
The abuse is massive

This is at least the second time that you have posted this. Do you have evidence of welfare fraud by Jews?

I hate the term, but this is borderline antiemetic, because you keep associating Jews in America with Israel (and inferring that they both require "welfare").....

If you just said that all foreign aid should be cut, your argument would have more merit, but accusing one race/religion of abusing welfare is wrong.

The religious tax scenario that offends me, is that Religious organization are tax exempt, but that is for another thread. This costs far more than whatever a few Jewish people in NYC may or may not be doing.

Anyway, as for money to Israel, Israel is a close ally, we give them 3.8 billion a year which they must spend with us. We give 40 billion a year all together. The aid to Israel helps America more than any other foreign aid, because they must spend it with American companies and they are a close ally.

Ed’s post is blatantly anti-Semitic. Not borderline. If there were Muslims scamming a welfare system, would he be against our massive aid to Egypt? Frankly other than through Ed’s pathetic ranting posts I have never heard of this massive scam, but if it is so obvious are you telling me our government just lets it go on? Or are they exploiting a loophole that needs to be closed? I’m all for tightening up how tax dollars are doled out.

I agree that if we decide to eliminate all funding for foreign countries until we balance our budget that is a policy that I could get behind. But so much of the rest of the world is dependent on us it would likely be a global destabilizing event. If we are to pick only one country to help, Israel would be that country. It is our strongest ally that is constantly under attack from so many sides, solely because of its few million Jewish residents.

It’s the anti-Semitism spouted by Ed, and our ‘leaders’ like Tlaib and Ocasio Cortez that has resulted in the uptick in anti-Semitic acts of violence in our country.

BOTTOM LINE. When one country starts lobbing bombs into your country, you are justified in fighting back.
May 25th, 2021 at 5:06:31 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

"A defining moment came last Tuesday when Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib, the first Palestinian woman elected to Congress, confronted Biden at the Detroit airport and argued American aid to Israel was funding atrocities against Palestinians."

"The tarmac face-off lasted eight minutes, and Biden later lavished praise on Tlaib’s “passion and concern for so many people.”

"The very next day, Biden flipped sides and demanded Israel de-escalate immediately and move toward a cease-fire."

So, you're telling me that a Palestinian Congresswoman is against American federal aid going to Israel?

Wonders never cease.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 25th, 2021 at 5:07:27 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

Why should we give money to Israel
The extreme welfare fraud in NY among the Orthodox is not enough.
Why should my tax dollars support a religious state, especially one on the other side of the world.
How about balancing the budget and let Israel pay for itself
How about Israel supporting those lazy orthodox Jews in NY that just pray all day on the taxpayers dime.
I'm shocked conservatives let these people get away with welfare fraud
White privilege. Look the other way?
The abuse is massive

When did you become a Libertarian?

(This is not a post in agreement as to the welfare fraud aspect. I know nothing about that.)
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 25th, 2021 at 5:11:20 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: SOOPOO

I’m all for tightening up how tax dollars are doled out.

I agree that if we decide to eliminate all funding for foreign countries until we balance our budget that is a policy that I could get behind.

(Quote clipped, relevance)

Doesn't count. I think you already are a Libertarian; you just don't call yourself one...yet.

Quote:
It’s the anti-Semitism spouted by Ed, and our ‘leaders’ like Tlaib and Ocasio Cortez that has resulted in the uptick in anti-Semitic acts of violence in our country.

BOTTOM LINE. When one country starts lobbing bombs into your country, you are justified in fighting back.

It's the fact that we're involved over there in the first place that has resulted in the uptick of anti-anything. This matter should be none of our concern, other than, we can choose who our manufacturers sell weapons and technology to...provided the country in question is paying for it with their own money.
May 25th, 2021 at 6:29:33 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Mission146

So, you're telling me that a Palestinian Congresswoman is against American federal aid going to Israel?

Wonders never cease.

I was under the impression she was an American Congresswoman. (Actually I wasn't)
May 25th, 2021 at 8:10:19 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
[

This is at least the second time that you have posted this. Do you have evidence of welfare fraud by Jews?

A Rabbi Admits: Jewish Orthodox Welfare Fraud Is Massive
https://nationalvanguard.org/2020/11/a-rabbi-admits-jewish-orthodox-welfare-fraud-is-massive/

https://www.johndenugent.com/crooked-welfare-scamming-orthodox-jews-take-over-ny-town-driving-even-the-regular-jews-nuts/
Crooked, welfare-scamming Orthodox Jews take over NY town, driving even the regular Jews nuts

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/hasidic-neighborhood-b-klyn-top-beneficiary-section-8-article-1.2639120\
Hasidic neighborhood in South Williamsburg is a top beneficiary of Section 8, but some question whether law is strictly followed

https://forward.com/news/breaking-news/340901/brooklyn-s-hasidim-get-disproportionate-affordable-housing-report-charges/#ixzz49RQMEW35
Brooklyn Hasidim Grab Disproportionate Share of Section 8 Affordable Housing Program
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 25th, 2021 at 8:32:44 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Even if all of that were true, it still wouldn't make the Top 10 for the most corrupt things to happen in NYC in the next hour.
May 25th, 2021 at 9:26:23 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
[

https://nationalvanguard.org/2020/11/a-rabbi-admits-jewish-orthodox-welfare-fraud-is-massive/

https://www.johndenugent.com/crooked-welfare-scamming-orthodox-jews-take-over-ny-town-driving-even-the-regular-jews-nuts/
Crooked, welfare-scamming Orthodox Jews take over NY town, driving even the regular Jews nuts

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/hasidic-neighborhood-b-klyn-top-beneficiary-section-8-article-1.2639120\
Hasidic neighborhood in South Williamsburg is a top beneficiary of Section 8, but some question whether law is strictly followed

https://forward.com/news/breaking-news/340901/brooklyn-s-hasidim-get-disproportionate-affordable-housing-report-charges/#ixzz49RQMEW35
Brooklyn Hasidim Grab Disproportionate Share of Section 8 Affordable Housing Program

Your first link is the National Vanguard? You are aware that is a White Supremecy NeoNazi organization?

I am honestly afraid to look at the other two links....

Edit, I looked at the second link down out of curiosity. It is another white supremacist page.... Posting links to NeoNazi sites is not a great way to look less antisemitic..... And, now I will not look at the third because I fear it will be more of the same....

Like these sites are not even subtle, did you genuinely not know that these are race-based sites?
May 25th, 2021 at 9:35:16 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
[

Your first link is the National Vanguard? You are aware that is a White Supremecy NeoNazi organization?

Edit, I looked at the second link down out of curiosity. It is another white supremacist page.... Posting links to NeoNazi sites is not a great way to look less antisemitic..... And, now I will not look at the third because I fear it will be more of the same....

Like these sites are not even subtle, did you genuinely not know that these are race-based sites?

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-new-jersey-orthodox-20170923-story.html?_amp=true
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 25th, 2021 at 10:12:45 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

When you use results-oriented search terms, you get...um...well, results. Not always optimal results, but you'll certainly find someone willing to tell you what you want to hear.

Keep your foreign policy neutral and your search terms neutral-er. Stay searching, my friends.