May 25th, 2021 at 3:27:23 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
Quote: Gandler
Quote: terapined
[

This is at least the second time that you have posted this. Do you have evidence of welfare fraud by Jews?

A Rabbi Admits: Jewish Orthodox Welfare Fraud Is Massive
https://nationalvanguard.org/2020/11/a-rabbi-admits-jewish-orthodox-welfare-fraud-is-massive/

https://www.johndenugent.com/crooked-welfare-scamming-orthodox-jews-take-over-ny-town-driving-even-the-regular-jews-nuts/
Crooked, welfare-scamming Orthodox Jews take over NY town, driving even the regular Jews nuts

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/hasidic-neighborhood-b-klyn-top-beneficiary-section-8-article-1.2639120\
Hasidic neighborhood in South Williamsburg is a top beneficiary of Section 8, but some question whether law is strictly followed

https://forward.com/news/breaking-news/340901/brooklyn-s-hasidim-get-disproportionate-affordable-housing-report-charges/#ixzz49RQMEW35
Brooklyn Hasidim Grab Disproportionate Share of Section 8 Affordable Housing Program

Your first link is the National Vanguard? You are aware that is a White Supremecy NeoNazi organization?

I am honestly afraid to look at the other two links....

Edit, I looked at the second link down out of curiosity. It is another white supremacist page.... Posting links to NeoNazi sites is not a great way to look less antisemitic..... And, now I will not look at the third because I fear it will be more of the same....

Like these sites are not even subtle, did you genuinely not know that these are race-based sites?

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-new-jersey-orthodox-20170923-story.html?_amp=true

I think its good that individuals who abuse the systems get criminally charged if it rises to the level of criminality.

I have actually been to Lakewood and its a very interesting town, very nice people (we used to go to some jazz thing there).

The example in the article of the couple claiming they make 39k when they really made over 1 million a year, that is clear fraud, and I am happy that they got punished for it.

However, its not fair to point to one race or religion and act like the abuse of government benefits is a natural part of their culture.

Now, I am not big on religion in general, which of course includes religious communities because it is absurd to raise a child with religious motivations (just like it would be to raise a child with political beliefs). But, it is critical to not get involved into generalizing a whole community, that is what the far-right specializes in...
May 25th, 2021 at 5:08:11 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
i But, it is critical to not get involved into generalizing a whole community, that is what the far-right specializes in...

You do realize that your statement is a generalization about a whole community? The very thing you are saying is unfair.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 25th, 2021 at 5:32:19 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: kenarman
You do realize that your statement is a generalization about a whole community? The very thing you are saying is unfair.

Not at all. "Far Right" is a political philosophy. And, I did not even say all of the far right. I made sure to say that is what they "far right specializes in", because its true, all NeoNazis are far right. I would argue (though this is more obtuse) all racists of any kind are either "far right" or "far left", you don't mind many moderates in either party who are racists or prejudicial.

All of that being said, political spectrum is not the same as race. Political ideologies are voluntary (you choose what you believe), so generalizing political ideologies (a specific set of beliefs), is not the same as generalizing people by race.....
For example I can (and do) say "everyone who thinks gays should be executed is an idiot", is this generalizing? Yes. But, it is generalizing a very specific ideology that people voluntarily choose to subscribe to. Race is extremely arbitrary, nobody chooses their external appearance. So being proud of a race or disparaging of other races is just foolish.
May 25th, 2021 at 6:01:28 PM permalink
kenarman
Not at all. "Far Right" is a political philosophy. And, I did not even say all of the far right. I made sure to say that is what they "far right specializes in", because its true, all NeoNazis are far right. I would argue (though this is more obtuse) all racists of any kind are either "far right" or "far left", you don't mind many moderates in either party who are racists or prejudicial.

All of that being said, political spectrum is not the same as race. Political ideologies are voluntary (you choose what you believe), so generalizing political ideologies (a specific set of beliefs), is not the same as generalizing people by race.....
For example I can (and do) say "everyone who thinks gays should be executed is an idiot", is this generalizing? Yes. But, it is generalizing a very specific ideology that people voluntarily choose to subscribe to. Race is extremely arbitrary, nobody chooses their external appearance. So being proud of a race or disparaging of other races is just foolish.

So you don't consider the far right a community? Many communities have nothing to do with race, 'Gay community', 'Arts community, 'Sports community'. It seems the far right is enough of a community in your mind that you can identify their beliefs. Just admit it you are as biased as anyone else but only biased against those that you define as 'bad people' because of course it is then okay to be biased and spew hate.
May 25th, 2021 at 6:28:05 PM permalink
Gandler
So you don't consider the far right a community? Many communities have nothing to do with race, 'Gay community', 'Arts community, 'Sports community'. It seems the far right is enough of a community in your mind that you can identify their beliefs. Just admit it you are as biased as anyone else but only biased against those that you define as 'bad people' because of course it is then okay to be biased and spew hate.

Oh absolutely, I am biased against NeoNazis and racial supremacists. I have zero problem "admitting" that. And, yes I do define them as "bad people".
May 25th, 2021 at 6:40:50 PM permalink
kenarman
Oh absolutely, I am biased against NeoNazis and racial supremacists. I have zero problem "admitting" that. And, yes I do define them as "bad people".

So we have got to the nut of the problem of hate and racism and why it will never be solved. We all reserve the right to hate people that we feel are too extreme for our own beliefs.
May 25th, 2021 at 6:43:28 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Nails it
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 25th, 2021 at 6:45:51 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
So we have got to the nut of the problem of hate and racism and why it will never be solved. We all reserve the right to hate people that we feel are too extreme for our own beliefs.
A fish can't see the water.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 26th, 2021 at 3:37:07 AM permalink
Gandler

You think that you are making a deeper point than you are. Hate and racism are different things.

Hating somebody with logical reasons is not inherently bad. Hating somebody because of their race is wrong because you are judging somebody based off a physicals characteristic that they have no control over.

Anyone who does not think NeoNazis are bad people I would be suspect of.
May 26th, 2021 at 7:01:21 AM permalink
kenarman
You think that you are making a deeper point than you are. Hate and racism are different things.

Hating somebody with logical reasons is not inherently bad. Hating somebody because of their race is wrong because you are judging somebody based off a physicals characteristic that they have no control over.

Anyone who does not think NeoNazis are bad people I would be suspect of.

People don't really hate on appearance. They end up being racist when they perceive that people that look a particular way are predomintly acting in ways they don't like. They then find it is reasonable to assume everyone with that appearance acts the same way. This can be motorcycle riders, people living in Southern rural USA, college students, teachers, Asians, Irish, Italian, tree huggers, military personal. Everyone makes their own list. Each of us also has friends that are exceptions to our own prejudiced view.