Air travel is back

Page 1 of 212>
May 17th, 2021 at 8:36:56 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
We all realize air travel cratered the last year or so but I can tell you that it is back and booming. I was on six different flights in the last 10 days and all of them were completely packed.

On a side note, Southwest Airlines just announced direct flights from Las Vegas to Hawaii starting at $159. I am excited by this and would expect to use it at least twice a year.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 17th, 2021 at 8:40:03 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
One of the only good things about COVID was Delta blocking out middle seats for a year.

I will miss that.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 17th, 2021 at 9:06:35 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
One of the only good things about COVID was Delta blocking out middle seats for a year.

I will miss that.

I will miss sticking my tongue out at people that annoy me without them knowing it.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 17th, 2021 at 9:57:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
I was on six different flights in the last 10 days and all of them were completely packed..

I like traveling but that sounds like the definition of Hell to me.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 17th, 2021 at 12:05:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
I like traveling but that sounds like the definition of Hell to me.

What's to like about traveling. Everything is an inconvenience, everything. You don't get to sleep in your own bed, the food is generally overcooked and crappy but people don't know it because the food they eat at home is worse. I'm always tired because I don't sleep well, I constantly have to deal with 14 different kinds of annoyances. Mark Twain hated traveling for all the above reasons. He likes nothing more than waking up in his own bed, having his maid bringing breakfast, and look forward to a day when the only annoyances were the ones he created for himself. Traveling sucks because you are in charge of almost nothing that happens to you. Why do you think people are always relieved and happy when they get home. It's because traveling sucks.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 17th, 2021 at 12:10:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
What's to like about traveling. Everything is an inconvenience, everything. You don't get to sleep in your own bed, the food is generally overcooked and crappy but people don't know it because the food they eat at home is worse. I'm always tired because I don't sleep well, I constantly have to deal with 14 different kinds of annoyances. Mark Twain hated traveling for all the above reasons. He likes nothing more than waking up in his own bed, having his maid bringing breakfast, and look forward to a day when the only annoyances were the ones he created for himself. Traveling sucks because you are in charge of almost nothing that happens to you. Why do you think people are always relieved and happy when they get home. It's because traveling sucks.

If I'm not cramped like a sardine, and I'm not on tight schedule, I'm just fine. But Twain probably had to travel a lot, which is different than traveling for pleasure.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 17th, 2021 at 1:00:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob

Flying is a huge hassle. I just got invited to the Bahamas and almost would rather drive to Florida than fly. Then boat the rest of the way.
The President is a fink.
May 17th, 2021 at 1:25:25 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman
Then boat the rest of the way.

You are crossing the jet stream. I know a few people that thought it would be romantic and got so sick that they wished they flew.
May 17th, 2021 at 3:09:34 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin
You are crossing the jet stream. I know a few people that thought it would be romantic and got so sick that they wished they flew.

I was sort of warned. Way back my dad and his brothers would go sailing on the gulf side. One year they hit some storm and all kinds of problems. I was told they all three looked totally awful at the end of it. So I am a tad wary but knowing me will go for it if everything works out.

I indirectly taught the guy about writing covered calls and he made like 5 big dimes off of it and counting. So I do not want to even imagine how many drinks will be coming my way.
The President is a fink.
May 17th, 2021 at 6:07:03 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Pacomartin

I think you meant to write "gulf stream."
Page 1 of 212>