License plate collecting with the Wizard

March 9th, 2015 at 11:07:01 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: Wizard
I was wondering if anybody would notice that. Actually, she is a guinea pig.
The New Mexico vanity with the obscenity will need to be digitized out. It amazes me that it got out of the prison production line... oh.... never mind....hehe.
March 10th, 2015 at 4:03:22 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Ayecarumba
The New Mexico vanity with the obscenity will need to be digitized out. It amazes me that it got out of the prison production line... oh.... never mind....hehe.

I hope that is not an official complaint or I'll have to suspend myself over a rule 6 violation.

I'm pretty proud of that plate. A friend of mine had very good connections in NM politics, including being friends with somebody with the department of NM prisons. Knowing my friend was another license plate collector, he had that plate made up and he snuck it out of whatever prison in NM they make license plates in.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 10th, 2015 at 6:36:09 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I hope that is not an official complaint or I'll have to suspend myself over a rule 6 violation.

I'm pretty proud of that plate. A friend of mine had very good connections in NM politics, including being friends with somebody with the department of NM prisons. Knowing my friend was another license plate collector, he had that plate made up and he snuck it out of whatever prison in NM they make license plates in.

Working with felons and commit a felony. Love it!
The President is a fink.
March 10th, 2015 at 4:59:32 PM permalink
Ayecarumba

Hehe, I am more concerned that the editor of the publication you sent the photo to catches it. A clear as day image of this plate appeared much earlier in this thread.
March 10th, 2015 at 5:00:23 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Hehe, I am more concerned that the editor of the publication you sent the photo to catches it.

I'm hoping they don't catch it >:-).
March 10th, 2015 at 5:06:20 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
I'm hoping they don't catch it >:-).
Hehe... anarchy...
March 10th, 2015 at 5:50:10 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
The New Mexico vanity with the obscenity will need to be digitized out.

Subtle it is not.

Obscenities hidden in plain view can be clever, even witty. But just stated openly they lose their cache (if they had any). I wonder how one could hide it using letters and numbers.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 10th, 2015 at 6:51:44 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: Nareed
Obscenities hidden in plain view can be clever, even witty. But just stated openly they lose their cache (if they had any). I wonder how one could hide it using letters and numbers.

Many have tried to obfuscate obscene license plates by spelling things backwards or in foreign languages. As for that one, it is what it is. I couldn't not put it in the picture, because it is a novelty, for better or worse.

p.s. I was hoping I'd get some praise on the Campeche motorcycle license plate. One of the tougher Mexican states to get a license plate from.
March 11th, 2015 at 7:30:40 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Many have tried to obfuscate obscene license plates by spelling things backwards or in foreign languages.

There was a song in the 80s called "If You See Kay." At one point the video shows a license plate that reads "IF UCK."

Quote:
I couldn't not put it in the picture, because it is a novelty, for better or worse.

Oh, I don't suggest you leave it out, or should have left it out.

Quote:
p.s. I was hoping I'd get some praise on the Campeche motorcycle license plate. One of the tougher Mexican states to get a license plate from.

Is that really a real state? ;)

Seriously, my interest in license plates begins and ends with knowing my current one.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 11th, 2015 at 7:40:58 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

I was admiring quietly. Having gotten not few tickets for license plate infractions, I found it curious indeed. I've hung mine sideways on the chain guard ("not visible"), hung it under the tail ("not visible"), I even saw a guy who had one that was just painted on with no physical plate to speak of, which is also apparently illegal.

A plate like that wouldn't fly no way today, especially since many bikes no longer feature that rounded rear fender. But 5-0 has to sit in the cruiser and have the reader proof every plate that comes by. If it can't be read, and that one couldn't, you're getting pulled over.

P.S. For someone who fancies himself observant, I never saw the guinea pig =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.