Most popular automobile by state for new vehicles

Page 2 of 5<12345>
June 2nd, 2021 at 7:37:55 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
PA is too cold to make EVs work. Range will plummet in winter. I remember some study acted surprised at the loss of range. Had to be done by people who lived in warm weather places as anyone who lives in a cold place knows what cold does to batteries.

I still can't figure out why anyone would choose to live in a cold state.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 2nd, 2021 at 8:42:38 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich

I hate the heat. If I could move anywhere and wasn't limited to feasibility, I'd choose the Falkland Islands.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 2nd, 2021 at 8:51:49 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I dislike extremes of both heat and cold.

Grew up in NJ which had hot, humid summers.

Attended school in "the South" and concluded no, the heat / humidity was not for me.

Family moved from NJ to NH: too cold.

I moved to Pac NW and find the moderate climate of the Willamette valley to be to my liking.
June 2nd, 2021 at 9:05:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Right now Mt Charleston is 75 and Vegas is 88. All you need is a mountain and a valley.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 2nd, 2021 at 9:10:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich

There is a theory that goes colder places are wealthier because they early on learned that you have to prep in summer to survive winter.
The President is a fink.
June 2nd, 2021 at 9:36:38 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee

I moved to Pac NW and find the moderate climate .

There is a reason the Northwest has the highest suicide rate in the country. Just visit there for a month you'll want to kill yourself four or five times a day.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 2nd, 2021 at 9:39:10 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
There is a theory that goes colder places are wealthier because they early on learned that you have to prep in summer to survive winter.

I moved from Michigan Southern California for 7 years have never seen so many lazy people in one place. And so many grifters and crooks and people trying to game the system. This is the type of people warm weather attracts. Moved back to Michigan in the early 80s and have never regretted it for 1 minute.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 2nd, 2021 at 9:41:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Well if you get snow in the winter, that means the place has enough water. Without water, it’s a bit tough. Unless you have a valuable resource like gold, silver, or oil then you can pay $5 a gallon for imported water.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 2nd, 2021 at 9:51:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Well if you get snow in the winter, that means the place has enough water. Without water, it’s a bit tough. Unless you have a valuable resource like gold, silver, or oil then you can pay $5 a gallon for imported water.

That is probably about what Fiji water goes for.
The President is a fink.
June 2nd, 2021 at 12:19:29 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Evenbob
There is a reason the Northwest has the highest suicide rate in the country. Just visit there for a month you'll want to kill yourself four or five times a day.

At first I was going to let this go as I too had heard something to that effect, but then I decided to dig into it ...

Lo and behold, you are, dare I say it, utterly and completely wrong!

Neither Oregon nor Washington were in the top ten states re: suicide, at least for the year examined statistically, 2018.

see article: https://www.statista.com/statistics/560297/highest-suicide-rates-in-us-states/

The list, in descending order:

New Mexico at the top

Montana

Wyoming

Alaska

Idaho

Utah

Colorado

West Virginia

Nevada

Oklahoma

Yes, once again reality trumps old wive's tales.
Page 2 of 5<12345>