Most popular automobile by state for new vehicles

Page 3 of 5<12345>
June 2nd, 2021 at 12:49:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Reminds me, I have a theory, that the pandemic winding down actually is triggering some people with mental health problems. When you have something tangible to blame your depression on, you can at least justify it. But if the physical manifestation disappears, and you're still messed up, you realize sadly it wasn't just external factors. Might explain some of the recent shooting rampages.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 2nd, 2021 at 10:11:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee
At first I was going to let this go as I too had heard something to that effect, but then I decided to dig into it ...

'Oregon’s suicide rate has been higher than the national average for the past three decades. More than 800 people killed themselves last year in Oregon.'

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/g66l-2019/04/0491a89bb5509/suicide-rates-in-the-mountain-west-are-skyhigh-now-research-is-seeking-answers.html
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 3rd, 2021 at 9:19:34 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Evenbob
'Oregon’s suicide rate has been higher than the national average for the past three decades. More than 800 people killed themselves last year in Oregon.'

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/g66l-2019/04/0491a89bb5509/suicide-rates-in-the-mountain-west-are-skyhigh-now-research-is-seeking-answers.html

Nice back-pedal, EB, but that is NOT what you so boldly and falsely claimed.

You said: "there is a reason the Northwest has the highest suicide rate in the country. Just visit there for a month you'll want to kill yourself four or five times a day."

You clearly said "the highest," not "higher than the national average."

Admit it: you were wrong.

Where did you pull that bogus information from, your nether region?

Why such apparent antipathy for the Pac NW?
June 3rd, 2021 at 9:51:09 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: missedhervee
Nice back-pedal, EB, but that is NOT what you so boldly and falsely claimed.

You said: "there is a reason the Northwest has the highest suicide rate in the country. Just visit there for a month you'll want to kill yourself four or five times a day."

You clearly said "the highest," not "higher than the national average."

Admit it: you were wrong.

Where did you pull that bogus information from, your nether region?

Why such apparent antipathy for the Pac NW?

Bob thinks Central Michigan is the only nice place to live. He and I are polar opposites. I would commit suicide if I had to live in the Midwest again.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 3rd, 2021 at 10:05:57 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
That may be, and that's fine.

What's NOT fine is when he posts falsehoods as facts.

Not the first time, either.

I sometimes get the impression due to the volume and tenor of his posts that he posts via knee-jerk stream of consciousness, as opposed to mulling things over first.

Memo to Spike: consider using your brain as a filter before posting.
June 3rd, 2021 at 10:41:43 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
Bob thinks Central Michigan is the only nice place to live. He and I are polar opposites. I would commit suicide if I had to live in the Midwest again.

I plan on visiting all 48 states
MI will probably be last
In CO right now
Mesa Verde National park is blowing me away
Ancient cliff dwellings are awesome
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 3rd, 2021 at 10:48:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
MI will probably be last
In CO right now

You can get to Alaska by land.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 3rd, 2021 at 10:56:11 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
MI will probably be last
In CO right now

I have been to all 50 states but a few were just driving through without visiting much.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 3rd, 2021 at 11:15:59 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
MI will probably be last
In CO right now
Do you have long distance glasses for across the canyon to see all the old dwellings there also? I imagined when I was there, how many trips each person had to make carrying a flat stone, from a long ways around, to erect those kivas.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 3rd, 2021 at 11:23:41 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: DRich
By mid summer hopefully I have learned, to not just be cursing the heat in Havasu. Quite a few desert dwellers actually claim to love this weather. It's like a culture of them hang out at the lake and do lake things. It's cray cray to me, but it exists.

That's something you won't get in Fla., is days over 110. You sure that's where you want to go?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 3 of 5<12345>