Celebrating Juneteenth

June 19th, 2021 at 11:43:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
I am all for free speech, but I am honestly shocked by the amount of blatant bigotry on this forum. This thread is quickly turning into a thread about how to hate black people for everything.... Just like "The Gay Thread" basically is one long homophobic rant....

I don't understand how in 2021 people can still be this socially backwards..... Actually I can (we have seen who the right supports), but I am more surprised that people are so blatant about it....

Really? You must have missed all the disgusting descriptions of Trump and his supporters. Or anything having to do with religion.

Not to mention your description of "the right" in your post right here.

If you do not like "The Gay Thread" then block it. Same as I have blocked the gays who like to tell us about the local boys they went down on.
The President is a fink.
June 19th, 2021 at 12:00:06 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Evenbob
I am all excited with holiday fervor. I would go to a
Black friends house if I had any Black friends.

Go steal some chickens and fry 'em up to celebrate privately; complete the meal with watermelon.

Bonus points for burning down a Korean owned grocery in your 'hood.
June 19th, 2021 at 12:25:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee
Go steal some chickens and fry 'em up to celebrate privately;

Every Popeyes restaurant in my area is in the hood. The woman in the Popeyes commercials on TV, we never see her but from her voice she's obviously Black. Isn't that blatant racial stereotyping linking Blacks to chicken like that? The whole thing originally started because chicken was cheap and it was the only meat poor Black people could afford. They were also frequently accused of stealing chickens from local farmers.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 19th, 2021 at 12:42:48 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Really? You must have missed all the disgusting descriptions of Trump and his supporters. Or anything having to do with religion.

Not to mention your description of "the right" in your post right here.

If you do not like "The Gay Thread" then block it. Same as I have blocked the gays who like to tell us about the local boys they went down on.

Politics is different than religion. If somebody follows a political ideology (that is a philosophy) it is fair to generalize. For example, I can say, "all tea party members get upset over the national debt", do I know all tea party members? Obviously not, but its a philosophy that they subscribe to so it is a fair generalization.

Religion is also different than race. We choose what religion to follow (or not follow). I was raised Christian, I chose to be an atheist. Anyone can go or leave into any religion at any time (or no religion), its not a fixed genetic trait. Race you have no control over, you cannot control your skin pigmentation or other genetic markers that define "race" in our society. There is never an excuse to degrade a race of people.

As for your disgust on sex acts, I don't know if that is a reference to me, but I find it hard to believe. I very intentionally do not post much about my personal life here, unless it adds something to the discussion (which I thought it did above, but even random family stories to give a timeline on injustices in America is apparently a license to abuse....) If I posted something about my sex life I honestly do not remember it.
June 19th, 2021 at 12:45:23 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman

Blatant misrepresentation of my posts!

The local guys go down on me.

Get it together, Duffman.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 19th, 2021 at 1:06:13 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
They were also frequently accused of stealing chickens from local farmers.

That's the stereotype, the cliche, which I incorporated into my above post protesting the implementation of this new ridiculous federal holiday.

Look, I don't hate blacks, at least not any more than I hate everybody: it's just that this new holiday is obviously a sop, something thrown on the angry waters in hope of quelling the raging sea.

Hell, few had ever even heard the term "juneteenth" until the media started yakking it up recently.

This holiday is just flat wrong; it is rewarding bad behavior.

Personally I'd have let loose the attack dogs and unfurled the fire hoses in Ferguson and at every riotous protest thereafter, but hey, I ain't in charge.
June 19th, 2021 at 1:19:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Politics is different than religion. If somebody follows a political ideology (that is a philosophy) it is fair to generalize. For example, I can say, "all tea party members get upset over the national debt", do I know all tea party members? Obviously not, but its a philosophy that they subscribe to so it is a fair generalization.

Religion is also different than race. We choose what religion to follow (or not follow). I was raised Christian, I chose to be an atheist. Anyone can go or leave into any religion at any time (or no religion), its not a fixed genetic trait. Race you have no control over, you cannot control your skin pigmentation or other genetic markers that define "race" in our society. There is never an excuse to degrade a race of people.

As for your disgust on sex acts, I don't know if that is a reference to me, but I find it hard to believe. I very intentionally do not post much about my personal life here, unless it adds something to the discussion (which I thought it did above, but even random family stories to give a timeline on injustices in America is apparently a license to abuse....) If I posted something about my sex life I honestly do not remember it.

If you do not remember posting then you did not post.

As to race, the comments are usually aimed at behavior not “skin tone.” They are about behavior. You do not choose to be born black but you do choose to follow the racists in BLM
The President is a fink.
June 19th, 2021 at 2:47:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Look, I don't hate blacks, at least not any more than I hate everybody: .

That's my basic attitude, I have pretty much no use for anybody. I'm an equal opportunity hater. Your skin tone means nothing to me, your race is irrelevant. I'm that old man in The Simpsons this raises his fist and shakes it and shouts at everybody
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 20th, 2021 at 6:28:35 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Uh, Mission?

Juneteenth is today, not yesterday.

You're in luck; you can once again do exactly what you would be doing anyway, but all over again.

Sort of like Groundhog Day.

Just call me Bill Murray! I did indeed do that!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 20th, 2021 at 6:34:38 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Every Popeyes restaurant in my area is in the hood. The woman in the Popeyes commercials on TV, we never see her but from her voice she's obviously Black. Isn't that blatant racial stereotyping linking Blacks to chicken like that? The whole thing originally started because chicken was cheap and it was the only meat poor Black people could afford. They were also frequently accused of stealing chickens from local farmers.

That's no more stereotyping than only putting Porsche dealerships in wealthy areas and having dudes in expensive clothes on the commercials. You advertise in a way that targets your market; I'd also like to think the Popeye's chicken lady, "Sounding black," wouldn't dissuade any Caucasians (or others) away from getting Popeye's when in the mood for fried chicken.

Besides, there's already a white fried chicken caricature, The Colonel. (Yes, I know he's representative of an actual person)
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman