Celebrating Juneteenth

June 24th, 2021 at 7:51:42 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: Gandler

This is pretty epic, General Milley explains the importance of teaching racial history to Matt Gaetz (though it probably falls on deaf ears). But, the General is spot on with the importance of history and understanding racial prejudice.

general milley is a disgrace to the uniform he wears
Let's go Brandon
June 24th, 2021 at 8:33:08 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: fleaswatter

Flynn certainly is.

If I heard Gen Miley correctly, military members are taught about all different viewpoints in order to understand positions of everyone they may have to deal with.

Same as they provide info about all kinds of ideologies. They are not teaching indoctrination of anything but US military doctrine, like mission, tactics & strategy, and so forth.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 24th, 2021 at 8:52:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
As I heard someone point out, the last thing we want to do is politicize the military. Military leaders have no business engaging in internal political disputes. Just defend their official purpose when necessary, like was done here.

Military, is the one with the real "coup" power should they start getting ideas that they are our non-elected leaders.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 24th, 2021 at 11:18:21 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: rxwine
Flynn certainly is.

If I heard Gen Miley correctly, military members are taught about all different viewpoints in order to understand positions of everyone they may have to deal with.

Same as they provide info about all kinds of ideologies. They are not teaching indoctrination of anything but US military doctrine, like mission, tactics & strategy, and so forth.

In addition to general milley, the CNO, admiral gilday is also a disgrace to his military uniform.
Let's go Brandon
June 24th, 2021 at 3:44:31 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

He is an accomplished Soldier, with an impressive academic and military history. And, in his leadership capacity has overseen many outstanding policies including the gender neutral combat fitness test (making the Army the first gender neutral branch in all aspects).

For the record he was appointed by Trump.... And, is probably a Republican (if I had to bet I would say he is likely GOP, though its hard to confirm this, which is good, because he should keep his personal politics to himself).

Also, fun fact he also designed the uniform that he is wearing in this video which you say he disgraces.... (He wanted to bring back the Pink/Green style of WWII Army Uniforms).

The fact that the far left and the far right both hate General Milley (granted for different reasons) means he is probably doing something right....

I find it so bizarre that the far right is coming down hard on Republican appointees when they point out historical facts (which are not contestable) to insane people (IE Gaetz).....

The difference is, I probably disagree with General Milley on 95% of political issues (you are probably closer aligned to him politically than me), but I still respect him in his capacity because he is competent and effective. And, he has the courage to call out blatant extremism (which should not be controversial, but here we are in 2021.....)

Also, Matt Gaetz just said this in regards to General Milly, "With Generals like this it’s no wonder we’ve fought considerably more wars than we’ve won. "..... In case Gaetz needed to further damage his credibility....

Also, another fun fact if you look at Gaetz's voting record, he has a history of voting against Federal laws to combat interstate human trafficking, and increasing the funding of human trafficking task forces, one has to wonder why.....

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/matt_gaetz/412690

Just a fun article on Gaetz's perverted ideocracy:
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/06/matt-gaetz-republicans-critical-race-theory-military
June 24th, 2021 at 4:58:36 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

SureJan.gif

Sounds like a great American to me...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 25th, 2021 at 2:22:59 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
Sounds like a great American to me...

Sounds like another load of BS to me, and of course you fell for it, as you always do.
June 25th, 2021 at 2:48:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
The President is a fink.
June 25th, 2021 at 4:05:23 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
Sounds like another load of BS to me, and of course you fell for it, as you always do.

Yep. I’ll trust the book writer’s word over yours. He’s got sources. You’ve got sour grapes. Sorry.

Maybe you shouldn’t be lecturing anyone about “falling for stuff.” You actually thought Biden wasn’t able to fly in airplanes during the campaign...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 25th, 2021 at 4:12:21 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman

No.

Confederate monuments celebrate men who defended slavery and were separatists (tried to take land from the U.S.).

Juneteenth celebrates the abolition of slavery.

I don't even understand the point of this meme, it thinks its making some clever point, but its just foolishness....