Climate change deniers

Page 2 of 8<12345>Last »
June 29th, 2021 at 12:27:43 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
Why not try to change it, if it is in our power to do so and if it will lead to a better world for our descendants?

What on earth makes you think we can bend the climate of an entire planet to our will?
The President is a fink.
June 29th, 2021 at 12:33:04 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: kenarman
What makes you think stopping climate change will make a better world for our descendants?

A more temperate climate leads to better agriculture.

Keeping sea levels stable will prevent NYC and other coastal cities from being inundated.

Having cold winters helps with snowpack which aids hydro power and irrigation in the summer and fall.

Those are just three; shall I continue?
June 29th, 2021 at 1:24:26 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
A more temperate climate leads to better agriculture.

Keeping sea levels stable will prevent NYC and other coastal cities from being inundated.

Having cold winters helps with snowpack which aids hydro power and irrigation in the summer and fall.

Those are just three; shall I continue?

Temperate areas just move with the weather. Baffin Island wheat the best, Greenland a close second.

Best thing that could happen to NYC

Actually the melting glaciers have kept up the flow of rivers, if the glaciers rebuild there will be less flow.

Shall I continue?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 29th, 2021 at 2:06:56 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Why not try to change it, if it is in our power to do so and if it will lead to a better world for our descendants?

The short-term economic advantages of not doing so.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 29th, 2021 at 3:11:11 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12

Within who's power? The United States?
We don't have the power to change carbon emissions without China & India on board.
Those two countries account for 35%-40% of carbon emissions.
The US is less than 15%.
Are you willing to go to war with China over carbon emissions?
Are you willing to cede economic superiority to China over emissions by cutting ours back unilaterally?
Where are you on Nuclear Energy?
Are you willing to build sufficient new nuclear plants to produce the Electricity required to replace carbon fuels?
Newsflash: Renewables are neither sufficient nor do they provide the constant energy flow required to support the US economy.
The Green New Deal really equates to The Nuclear New Deal or its just a fantasy.
I don't see a lot of Leftists Dems supporting Nukes so their cries for the US to do something fall on deaf ears.
Until the Left embraces a massive new nuclear energy policy in the US, they aren't really serious about solving the problem.
Gates is on board with nuclear, his Netflix episode is pretty encouraging.
Of course he has to bash Trump in it, but it still has some value in the technology he believes his project has developed.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
June 29th, 2021 at 4:42:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: JCW09

The US is less than 15%.

The USA doe so good because........of...............wait for it...................................FRACKING!

YES! The process the rabid global warming libs want to ban is the reason the USA does so well!

It also kept the Bills in Buffalo but that is another story.
The President is a fink.
June 29th, 2021 at 4:54:49 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
The USA doe so good because........of...............wait for it...................................FRACKING!

YES! The process the rabid global warming libs want to ban is the reason the USA does so well!

It also kept the Bills in Buffalo but that is another story.

I actually agree. Liberal (as well meaning as they may be) who are against natural gas, and nuclear power (I lump that in because there is often crossover), cannot say they are serious about environmental reform. These (especially nuclear) are the future for a cleaner planet. There is no logical reason to be militantly against nuclear power.....

I personally want to see more nuclear power all over the United States, it is safe and clean. (To be fair some conservatives are against this too, I know Alex Jones has had whole series against nuclear power.... so its not just an issue with the left, people are skeptical of nuclear power because they hear the word and think weapons or government conspiracy.)
June 29th, 2021 at 5:25:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Yes, people believed a little mask was the difference between life and death.

The mask was just a symbol, it didn't really do anything. FoochjWoochi was correct in his first declaration that masks were ineffective. He changed it because somebody made him realize that without the mask there was nothing they could do. So even though the mask did almost nothing to prevent anything they made it their cause and drove it home 24/7 mask mask mask. People felt like they were doing something proactive when the truth was, just as many mask wearers got the virus as non mask wearers.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 29th, 2021 at 5:31:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Glaciers have been receding for what, 10,000 years now?

Drought happen. Have been for billions of years now.

Is all of this news to you?

I realized global warming was a fraud back in the late 80s and have been laughing at it ever since. Not a single prediction about anything any of these chicken littles has made has come true. Yet it doesn't stop them because it's their mission in life to cry the sky is falling the sky is falling. People have loved for millennia to think they're living in some kind of end times, it gives their pitiful lives meaning.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 30th, 2021 at 3:00:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
The mask was just a symbol, it didn't really do anything. FoochjWoochi was correct in his first declaration that masks were ineffective. He changed it because somebody made him realize that without the mask there was nothing they could do. So even though the mask did almost nothing to prevent anything they made it their cause and drove it home 24/7 mask mask mask. People felt like they were doing something proactive when the truth was, just as many mask wearers got the virus as non mask wearers.

I realized they were useless from the start. Letting people put bandanas over their mouths qualified? What they have been useful is as a social experiment. We see how much of the population sees blind compliance as a virtue. Karen has been unable to resist and shown herself all over.

But the biggie is we see how fascists and communists get and keep power. We have this 40% or so of the population who want to be afraid of something be it china virus to global warming. The one who wants power proposes a "solution" that really is not one but really looks like one. And that 40% not only blindly complies but will alert the authorities on those not doing so. We read it in history books, but seeing it is such a life lesson but a lesson most will ignore.
The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 8<12345>Last »