Climate change deniers

Page 8 of 8« First<5678
July 23rd, 2021 at 3:10:25 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146
WHY should there be a 100% replacement rate?

So we can eat
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 24th, 2021 at 3:21:27 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Dubai uses cloud seeding and drones to produce what their National Center for Meteorology says are "monsoon-like downpours across the country”.

This is rain that might have fallen in Pakistan and India where it would have nourished crops and provided drinking water for millions of people.

China is expanding its weather modification program to cover an area larger than India.

The artificial rain they produce in China might otherwise fall in the U.S. They could use this technology to steal our rain to cause droughts and crop failures. They could be doing it now.
July 24th, 2021 at 9:56:23 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Pacomartin
San Onofre nuclear power plant in San Diego county closed in 2011. Total greenhouse gas emissions from power plants in California increased by 35% from 2011 to 2012, according to figures from the California Air Resources Board, which per the World Nuclear News is partly due to the early closure of San Onofre.

Diablo Canyon nuclear power plant (the largest power plant in California) is slated to close in four years, and we can expect something similar.

CA is probably the worst on this issue. From my understanding they have a long standing ban on the construction of new nuclear plants, so as existing ones shut down they will likely not be replaced soon if ever....
July 24th, 2021 at 8:51:20 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Gandler
CA is probably the worst on this issue. From my understanding they have a long standing ban on the construction of new nuclear plants, so as existing ones shut down they will likely not be replaced soon if ever....

Palo Verde Nuclear Power Plant in Arizona is the largest power plant in the nation by average production, and is partially owned by California organizations.
Southern California Edison (15.8%),
Southern California Public Power Authority (5.9%)
Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (5.7%)

Palo Verde just received a 20 year extension on the initial license to operate for 40 years.

Personally, the statistic that I think is signifigant is the average number of KWh per day used by residential accounts in each state.
Just looking at the Western states.
18 California
21 New Mexico
23 Colorado
25 Utah
27 Montana
28 Wyoming
30 Nevada
30 Oregon
31 Idaho
31 Washington
34 Arizona

Keep in mind that this usage is per residential account, which in California often refers to three people. So many accounts will have more than one vehicle.

If Californians are only using 18 KWh per day at present, it is almost impossible to imagine them not doubling their electric usage if EVs are ubiquitous. A Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus has the best mileage of any EV available and it will drive 86 miles on 18 KWh according to questionable EPA guidelines. An Audi e-tron will only drive 42 miles on 18 KWh.

California already has to import about a third of it's electricity, and that is before Diablo Canyon is closed.
July 25th, 2021 at 12:12:53 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
But
There should be a 100% replacement rate
That drops due to global warming

Hopefully not. Lets let the morons die off and improve life for the rest of us. Survival of the fittest.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 25th, 2021 at 8:29:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
Hopefully not. Lets let the morons die off and improve life for the rest of us. Survival of the fittest.

Where do you fall on that scale.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 26th, 2021 at 7:19:29 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
Where do you fall on that scale.

Obviously that is very difficult to say. The only thing that I could say for sure is that I am much higher than you.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
Page 8 of 8« First<5678