Humanity colonizing the galaxy

Page 4 of 4<1234
June 30th, 2021 at 11:15:08 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Mission146
It is examined. You can't come up with a conclusion of, "No inherent meaning," without examining the question. I never would have left church in the first place, for one thing.

Your post "We just do things" implied you've abdicated the decision making process and responded reflexively to all stimuli.

We're more than a bunch of dumb animals, at least I hope so.
June 30th, 2021 at 11:50:52 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: missedhervee
Your post "We just do things" implied you've abdicated the decision making process and responded reflexively to all stimuli.

Some people do dismiss the human brain when they sometimes like to point out that trying to control things is a failure because we’re opposing some natural order with our ideas. But I’m not sure why the brain has departed the natural order. Seems to me it developed from nature, not an exception to it. Our thoughts, wrong or right, are part of that nature.

But I guess, that is neither here nor there.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 30th, 2021 at 2:37:13 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee

Basically, I meant that we just have sex due to biological programming that causes the majority of us to be physically attracted to the opposite sex. Anatomy and physiology aside, it's my contention that there's no greater reason for it because there's no provable greater reason for anything.

We are slightly less dumb animals. Unlike other animals, we're smart enough to recognize that we're pretty dumb.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 30th, 2021 at 2:43:32 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
Some people do dismiss the human brain when they sometimes like to point out that trying to control things is a failure because we’re opposing some natural order with our ideas. But I’m not sure why the brain has departed the natural order. Seems to me it developed from nature, not an exception to it. Our thoughts, wrong or right, are part of that nature.

But I guess, that is neither here nor there.

"You can't go against nature, because when you do, go against nature, it's part of nature, too."---Love and Rockets---"No New Tale to Tell"---Universal Music Group
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
Page 4 of 4<1234