Reopening fiasco?

July 20th, 2021 at 6:19:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: AZDuffman
Everyone else is questioning the need.

Only because the path of ignorance is the widest and easy to follow.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 20th, 2021 at 6:55:15 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
The pattern continues, liberal whites ran out to get the vax as fast as they could, remember the lines and waits? Everyone else is questioning the need.

Yea ok.

This forum leans heavily conservative and pretty nearly everyone here, including the super conservative DOCTOR is pro-vaxx.

My parents are some of the most conservative people I know, and jumped the line way back in JAN.

The only people I know who aren’t vaxxed are super liberal hippies who think their healing crystals will get them through.
July 20th, 2021 at 7:12:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: gamerfreak
Yea ok.

This forum leans heavily conservative and pretty nearly everyone here, including the super conservative DOCTOR is pro-vaxx.

My parents are some of the most conservative people I know, and jumped the line way back in JAN.

The only people I know who aren’t vaxxed are super liberal hippies who think their healing crystals will get them through.

This forum leans conservative? That is news to me.

There has been a very clear correlation with who has gotten the vax, if you have not noticed we keep getting it questioned here on this "leans conservative' board. I merely pointed it out.
The President is a fink.
July 20th, 2021 at 7:22:05 AM permalink
gamerfreak
This forum leans conservative? That is news to me.

There has been a very clear correlation with who has gotten the vax, if you have not noticed we keep getting it questioned here on this "leans conservative' board. I merely pointed it out.

If you rallied up the ~10-15 active posters in the political threads, I think you would find more conservatives than liberals or centrists.
July 20th, 2021 at 7:29:37 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
If you rallied up the ~10-15 active posters in the political threads, I think you would find more conservatives than liberals or centrists.

Go ahead and make a list and label us that should be fun. I did a quick count on my fingers of those that posted today and I get a pretty even split, if anything probably left leaning.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 20th, 2021 at 7:56:24 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Everyone else is questioning the need.
No they are not. That would require an enquiring mind.
July 20th, 2021 at 7:59:05 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
You interpret AZD that way? Are we talking about the same forum?
July 20th, 2021 at 8:08:15 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Quote: OnceDear
You interpret AZD that way? Are we talking about the same forum?

I meant people I know in my personal life.

AZD is saying the only people getting vaxxed are white liberals.
July 20th, 2021 at 8:22:49 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Yea ok.

I’m guessing that’s me you are labeling ‘super conservative doctor’. Pro abortion rights. Pro gay marriage legalization. Anti Trump. So I don’t think Ted Cruz labels me a conservative.

My feelings on the vaccine are simple. Getting the vaccine decreases your chance of getting really sick and decreases your chance of dying. The potential negative side effects from the vaccines have been a tiny fraction of the lives saved. It is not a complicated decision tree to climb to figure out that everyone should choose vaccination.

Just got my second Shingrix shot. Same logic involved. Decrease chance of very painful shingles infection outweighed small chance of negative side effect from the vaccine. When I chose to get vaccinated I never thought it was a ‘liberal’, ‘centrist’, or ‘conservative’ decision. It was a medical decision.
July 20th, 2021 at 8:26:25 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Quote: SOOPOO
I’m guessing that’s me you are labeling ‘super conservative doctor’. Pro abortion rights. Pro gay marriage legalization. Anti Trump. So I don’t think Ted Cruz labels me a conservative.

My feelings on the vaccine are simple. Getting the vaccine decreases your chance of getting really sick and decreases your chance of dying. The potential negative side effects from the vaccines have been a tiny fraction of the lives saved. It is not a complicated decision tree to climb to figure out that everyone should choose vaccination.

Just got my second Shingrix shot. Same logic involved. Decrease chance of very painful shingles infection outweighed small chance of negative side effect from the vaccine. When I chose to get vaccinated I never thought it was a ‘liberal’, ‘centrist’, or ‘conservative’ decision. It was a medical decision.

I may have been hyperbolic but I don’t think anyone would reasonably classify you as liberal.

I agree that medical decisions should not be political. I am simply disputing AZD’s assertion that the only people getting vaxxed are liberal. That is absurd.