Reopening fiasco?

July 10th, 2021 at 9:20:26 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: gamerfreak

“How bout them Eagles” has to be the lowest form of conversation next to the weather.
I can’t tell you how many coworkers have tried to make sports small talk with me. When I say I don’t watch sports they get the biggest frown on their face and walk away.

I am so non-sports that most of the time if you name a team I couldn't tell you what sport it was for, that's how out of it I am. For the last four years I've been watching a lot of hiking videos on YouTube. There are three major hiking trails in the US and every year thousands of people attempt to walk the entire length of one of them. The vast majority do not make it. A few of them videotape the entire Journey and post everyday. Very entertaining stuff and you get to see how glorious this country is. There is still an unbelievable amount of wilderness in the United States. These people are doing something I couldn't do when I was 30 years old let alone now. I have nothing but admiration for them. The only way you could complete something like this is to 'embrace the suck', which is every hikers Infamous saying. Because half the time it sucks and the other half its about to suck.

This guy is doing the Triple Crown this year, he's on the Continental Divide Trail. He's already completed the Pacific Crest Trail and the Appalachian Trail. He's famous in the hiking world now because of what he overcame to do this. And he's infamous for his salty language.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 10th, 2021 at 9:38:00 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Yup, college too. Maybe you'll join the thousands
who got covee that are vaccinated. Big surprise
For them, huh. LOL, that's not supposed to happen.

Actually, only thousands getting Covid out of the hundreds of millions who have been vaccinated is *exactly* what was supposed to happen. Shows the vaccines are working!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 10th, 2021 at 10:21:05 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
Yup, college too. Maybe you'll join the thousands
who got covee that are vaccinated. Big surprise
For them, huh. LOL, that's not supposed to happen.

I'm unaware of a vaccine for Covid with 100% efficacy, so they shouldn't be too surprised.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 10th, 2021 at 10:54:32 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: ams288
Actually, only thousands getting Covid out of the hundreds of millions who have been vaccinated is *exactly* what was supposed to happen. Shows the vaccines are working!

Don't try to throw facts at EB, you'll just cause him to fire off a contrarian post.

He has developed his own impenetrable notion of reality and a fixed belief as to the way things should be and he will resist and attack anything that disagrees with it.

To claim his mind is closed is an understatement.

He's not alone at that, but the degree of his close-mindedness and his inability to tolerarte a contrarian viewpoint is a sight to behold and frankly a source of presumably unintended entertainment.

Whether as Spike flaunting his alleged roulette prowess or now as EB pontificating on the current subject du jour, I suspect he posts prolifically under the false belief that the one with the most posts wins, due to weight / volume of words.
July 10th, 2021 at 11:05:09 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee
Don't try to throw facts at EB, you'll just cause him to fire off a contrarian post.

He has developed his own impenetrable notion of reality and a fixed belief as to the way things should be and he will resist and attack anything that disagrees with it.

To claim his mind is closed is an understatement.

He's not alone at that, but the degree of his close-mindedness and his inability to tolerarte a contrarian viewpoint is a sight to behold and frankly a source of presumably unintended entertainment.

Whether as Spike flaunting his alleged roulette prowess or now as EB pontificating on the current subject du jour, I suspect he posts prolifically under the false believe that the one with the most posts wins, due to weight / volume of words.

Maybe that's why he dislikes my long posts...he's got me in post count, clearly, but is perhaps concerned that I might be winning in word count.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 10th, 2021 at 11:36:43 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: missedhervee
Don't try to throw facts at EB,

Fact is the stats are far far higher for people getting covee that have been vaccinated. They are never going to tell us the truth and they're never going to tell us how many thousands of people are walking around with covid-19 that have been vaccinated that nobody even knows about because the vaccinated people don't even know they have it. Fact is you don't know the facts. To a liberal sand only has one good use, dig a hole and stick your head in it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 10th, 2021 at 11:39:04 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Mission146
Maybe that's why he dislikes my long posts...

I don't like long posts by anybody who has no point
to make and just rambles on until he runs out of words.
July 10th, 2021 at 1:01:55 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I saw a stat today that in the las 90 days 99.5% of Covid deaths were unvaccinated people.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 10th, 2021 at 1:23:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
I saw a stat today that in the las 90 days 99.5% of Covid deaths were unvaccinated people.

That number is extremely suspect.
The President is a fink.
July 10th, 2021 at 1:40:33 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: DRich

That's not what EB says, nor is it consistent with his world view, ergo in his mind it cannot be true.