Is Portland over?

September 9th, 2021 at 12:56:00 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
If I don't like the dinner company, then I care much less about what is being served.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 9th, 2021 at 3:42:45 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Mission146
If I don't like the dinner company, then I care much less about what is being served.

That's good reason to eat alone.

Same thing with Portland.

Just avoid the idiots and it's almost Shangri-La.
September 9th, 2021 at 4:41:05 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I do not wish to take any voluntary and easily avoidable action that would financially benefit the City of Portland directly or indirectly.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 9th, 2021 at 4:48:24 PM permalink
missedhervee
Nor do I.
September 9th, 2021 at 6:01:01 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
In Seattle
Was talking to a local
They said they are the cultural center of the NW
I asked about Portland
They scoffed at PDX
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 9th, 2021 at 6:21:13 PM permalink
missedhervee
There is little love lost between Seattle and Portland.

I lived briefly in Seattle in 1980 and liked it back then: sort of busy but laid back, like Portland was fifteen or so years ago.

Now both cities have plummeted in my estimation due to leftist politicians coddling homeless and BLM/antifa.

But I ain't moving ... yet.
September 9th, 2021 at 6:27:55 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: missedhervee

I lived briefly in Seattle in 1980 and liked it back then: sort of busy but laid back, like Portland was fifteen or so years ago.

Now both cities have plummeted in my estimation due to leftist politicians coddling homeless and BLM/antifa.

I'm all over downtown on my bike
Parking is absurd around the space needle
Parked about 6 blocks away for a discount
I feel pretty safe in this town despite seeing homeless
Just visited the guitar that Jimmi Hendrix used at Woodstock to play the Star Spangled Banner
Of course I bended the knee
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 10th, 2021 at 2:40:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

It is only going to keep getting worse. The funny thing is liberals cry about "income inequality" yet the places they have the most government power have the most income inequality. Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, and some others are turning into Brazil. Namely some well off areas for the wealthy surrounded by slums of poor.
The President is a fink.
September 10th, 2021 at 7:02:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
If you don't want street people to congregate and become a bigger and bigger problem, you don't give them your spare change.

I don't know why people can't see that. But I see people doing it all the time.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 10th, 2021 at 8:54:46 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Just avoid the idiots and it's almost Shangri-La.

With people rioting and the homeless literally crapping on the sidewalks and shooting up in the public parks. You and I have different visions of Shangri-La.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.