Is Portland over?

October 16th, 2021 at 6:19:36 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Liberals have no compassion for conservatives because they're not in need of it, typically.

Liberals care about people, plural; conservatives care about people, singular.
October 16th, 2021 at 9:52:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee

Liberals care about people, plural; conservatives care about people, singular.

That's what they say but of course their actions always speak otherwise. They care about people who think the same way they do. They care about people who think the same way their cult does. If you don't think the way they do they will go out of their way to destroy you. And you know I could fill this page with examples. They are not compassionate and caring, they are vindictive and destructive. A conservative would say give a man a fish and he eats for today. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime. A liberal would say give a man a fish everyday, that's the compassionate thing to do. Which would destroy the man's life because it would make him totally dependent on the liberal. Which of course is the intention. That's what they did in the old USSR. Killed their society with compassion. They gave you a job for life that you could not be fired from. You could show up drunk, you could show up 3 days a week or not show up at all. And you still had a job. Of course this sucked the very soul out of you but hey, that's what liberals to do. Make you unimportant by making you totally dependent on them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 17th, 2021 at 4:03:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
That's what they say but of course their actions always speak otherwise. They care about people who think the same way they do. They care about people who think the same way their cult does. If you don't think the way they do they will go out of their way to destroy you. And you know I could fill this page with examples. They are not compassionate and caring, they are vindictive and destructive. A conservative would say give a man a fish and he eats for today. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime. A liberal would say give a man a fish everyday, that's the compassionate thing to do. Which would destroy the man's life because it would make him totally dependent on the liberal. Which of course is the intention. That's what they did in the old USSR. Killed their society with compassion. They gave you a job for life that you could not be fired from. You could show up drunk, you could show up 3 days a week or not show up at all. And you still had a job. Of course this sucked the very soul out of you but hey, that's what liberals to do. Make you unimportant by making you totally dependent on them.

Kind of like the meth dealer gives you a free hit or two then you gotta pay.
The President is a fink.
October 17th, 2021 at 4:53:05 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
They care to the extent that they look good to their liberal friends. That is about the end of it.

We see over and over conservatives tend to give more to charity than liberals. Liberals are usually generous with money they take from other people at the point of a gun.

Conservatives know its way cheaper to give to charity than actually vote for increased wages. Give a family a turkey for a holiday, makes up for everything, I guess they think.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 17th, 2021 at 5:25:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Conservatives know its way cheaper to give to charity than actually vote for increased wages. Give a family a turkey for a holiday, makes up for everything, I guess they think.

Vote for increased wages? How do you do that? Businesses pay wages and are run by their owners. I never heard Jeff Bezos asking for anyone to vote on what Amazon workers are paid.

Conservatives give to charity to help those in need. They tend to avoid the charity industrial complex though more need to do a better job there.
The President is a fink.
October 17th, 2021 at 6:25:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Vote for increased wages? How do you do that? Businesses pay wages and are run by their owners. I never heard Jeff Bezos asking for anyone to vote on what Amazon workers are paid..

Minimum wage hikes which is what mainly affects the poor. For instance, I don't think you're voting for Bernie or people like him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 17th, 2021 at 7:01:55 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Vote for increased wages? How do you do that? Businesses pay wages and are run by their owners. I never heard Jeff Bezos asking for anyone to vote on what Amazon workers are paid.

Conservatives give to charity to help those in need. They tend to avoid the charity industrial complex though more need to do a better job there.

Jeff Bezos to his credit actually kind of did just that (not directly more via public outreach and response to campaigns).
He raised his minimum hourly rate to 15/HR, and has been funding organizations to lobby congress to raise the Federal Minimum wage every since (2018ish).
October 17th, 2021 at 7:49:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Minimum wage hikes which is what mainly affects the poor. For instance, I don't think you're voting for Bernie or people like him.

So you are agreeing conservatives are generous with their money but liberals are genrerous with OPM?
The President is a fink.
October 17th, 2021 at 8:03:08 AM permalink
rxwine
So you are agreeing conservatives are generous with their money but liberals are genrerous with OPM?

Not if you read what I wrote. After all liberals pay those taxes as well. see below

Quote:

Conservatives know its way cheaper to give to charity than actually vote for increased wages.
October 17th, 2021 at 8:16:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Not if you read what I wrote. After all liberals pay those taxes as well. see below

Now you are confusing taxes and wages!

The point is "voting for increased wages" is to give away someone else's money. Like some ditzy trophy wife giving her husband's wealth to charity and feeling good about herself. She didn't do a thing to create that wealth. Same as AOC and her Democrat Party voting to "raise wages" via a minimum wage hike. They are generous as long as it is not their own money.

Conservatives are generous with THEIR money when they donate.
The President is a fink.