Is Portland over?

May 2nd, 2022 at 12:29:07 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
Call themselves "Anti-fascist" yet use fascist tactics. This is Portland!

Much ado about nothing.

Pulliam, the right wing candidate wanted / hoped for a confrontation, for political purposes.

Back when things were hopping in stumptown hundreds, or thousands would turn out to march and fight.

Now...ten or so antifa.

Count em...look at the video.

https://twitter.com/StanPulliam/status/1520496562576756736

Whoa...scary...not.
May 2nd, 2022 at 12:34:25 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: missedhervee
Much ado about nothing.

Pulliam, the right wing candidate wanted / hoped for a confrontation, for political purposes.

Back when things were hopping in stumptown hundreds, or thousands would turn out to march and fight.

Now...ten or so antifa.

Count em...look at the video.

https://twitter.com/StanPulliam/status/1520496562576756736

Whoa...scary...not.

The next time you have 10 people with weapons attacking you keep saying to yourself. Whoa.....scary...not...scary...not...scary...not
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 2nd, 2022 at 12:50:52 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: kenarman
The next time you have 10 people with weapons attacking you keep saying to yourself. Whoa.....scary...not...scary...not...scary...not

What are you hypothesizing there?

Certainly you cannot be talking about the Pulliam protest.

None of the antifa were armed that I could see in the video.

They waved black flags, and someone tossed a purple smoke maker.

Oooh, so scary...purple smoke ... poor, quivering republicans afraid of the big bad antifa in Portland...LOL

Note: I do not support antifa, nor do I support Pulliam, a hack trying to generate traction for his election bid.

This was a bit of street theater, nothing more...nothing to see here, move along...
May 2nd, 2022 at 12:58:30 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
What are you hypothesizing there?

Certainly you cannot be talking about the Pulliam protest.

None of the antifa were armed that I could see in the video.

They waved black flags, and someone tossed a purple smoke maker.

Oooh, so scary...purple smoke ... poor, quivering republicans afraid of the big bad antifa in Portland...LOL

Note: I do not support antifa, nor do I support Pulliam, a hack trying to generate traction for his election bid.

This was a bit of street theater, nothing more...nothing to see here, move along...

So a group using brownshirt tactics to disrupt someone they disagree with is "nothing?" Really?

I guess if you are a liberal then the conservatives have no rights in liberal Portland.
The President is a fink.
May 2nd, 2022 at 1:02:34 PM permalink
missedhervee
So a group using brownshirt tactics to disrupt someone they disagree with is "nothing?" Really?

I guess if you are a liberal then the conservatives have no rights in liberal Portland.

Yes, really.

In the Portland scheme of things this event was a nothingburger.

And no, I am not a liberal, I am a libertarian.
May 2nd, 2022 at 1:09:15 PM permalink
AZDuffman

And no, I am not a liberal, I am a libertarian.

No, you are not. A libertarian would not condone this kind of thing. They would call it out. Calling yourself a libertarian does not make it any more so than me saying I am Lori Grenier's boyfriend.
The President is a fink.
May 2nd, 2022 at 2:24:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Too far away, IMO. You really can't miss the circle of green leds from my surveillance camera which is only 10 feet from my vehicle.

In the 40 years I've lived in this house off and on, never lock my vehicles in the driveway. I have a walkout basement because I live on a hill in the basement door didn't even have a lock until very recently. I've been on a blitzkrieg Jihad the last two weeks to beef up the security at my house. Think I'm going to make a post about it in the do-it-yourself section. The only time I was ever broken into vehicles and house was when I lived on the Left Coast and it happened all the time and it's why I left the Left Coast in 1983. I can't even imagine what it's like there now
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 2nd, 2022 at 2:54:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
In the 40 years I've lived in this house off and on, never lock my vehicles in the driveway. I have a walkout basement because I live on a hill in the basement door didn't even have a lock until very recently. I've been on a blitzkrieg Jihad the last two weeks to beef up the security at my house. Think I'm going to make a post about it in the do-it-yourself section. The only time I was ever broken into vehicles and house was when I lived on the Left Coast and it happened all the time and it's why I left the Left Coast in 1983. I can't even imagine what it's like there now

They are putting "no valuables in car" signs in the car window like the "no radio" signs in NYC pre-Rudy. That is how bad it is.
The President is a fink.
May 2nd, 2022 at 3:11:11 PM permalink
missedhervee
No, you are not. A libertarian would not condone this kind of thing.

Maybe...maybe not.

A libertarian believes in as little gov't involvement in life as possible, and relishes personal freedom.

Antifa is people acting badly and I do not support nor condone them: still, this is a nothingburger compared to the crap that has come before: it barely registers on the significance scale.

Part of me says "let these clowns fight it out, and may the strongest bozo prevail," but that would be anarchy and for me that dog won't hunt.
May 2nd, 2022 at 4:06:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman

Antifa is people acting badly and I do not support nor condone them: still, this is a nothingburger compared to the crap that has come before: it barely registers on the significance scale.

You just did condone it. Here and in the post above. Maybe you have lived amongst the crazy violence out there you think it is normal.
The President is a fink.