Disney adults

Page 2 of 2<12
July 12th, 2021 at 8:06:50 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Disney Adults Don’t Care If You Hate Them. They’re Having Fun Anyway.

The YouTube algorithm had me watching some woman's Disney videos a couple years back. She was clearly an all-in "Disney geek" what with all the advice she gave. I figure I will never enter a Disney park again, maybe the Animal Kingdom, in my life and count me among the ones who look at it all and find it hokey. Even as a kid any kind of amusement park I went to I kind of thought I was "supposed to" be having fun more than having fun.

But it is amazing how many people stay so into Disney as adults. Is it weird or normal? Read then discuss.

Read.

Discussion: The hell do I care what adults are doing with their own free time and entertainment budget? Aren't the majority of the posters here negative expectation gamblers, to one extent or another?

Partial quote from source:

Quote:
Most Disney adults I spoke with were relatively unfazed by the criticism of their fandom. If anything, they’re proud of it. “You know, people can have their opinion. I don't really pay a lot of attention to it, to be quite honest,” said Dan Grossman, a 36-year-old father and account manager for a software company in Connecticut. He has a sleeve of colorful tattoos — which he conservatively estimated cost him around $7,500 total

He's an account manager at a software company? Productive. Socially beneficial. What the hell should anyone care what he does with his money? This should be the type of person that Conservatives like.

Some people spend their entertainment budget in the bar. Some collect movies (or other things). Others love Disney. I can't imagine any impetus for anyone else to care at all what these people are doing.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 12th, 2021 at 8:18:56 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I stayed at Coronado Springs once because an ex-fiancee' (girlfriend at that time) was a pharmacy student and had won some sort of essay contest trip down there to attend some four-day conference and could bring a guest. Maybe it was three days.

I remember that she signed us up to do some timeshare tour that got us a huge hotel discount at the best Super 8 I have ever seen (fridge/microwave in the room, outdoor pool with palm trees, huge canopy with pool tables, bar, arcade and pizza place in the hotel), so I paid the amount for that which was needed so we could just go down there for a solid week instead.

The only things I really liked about Coronado Springs were the pools and hammocks. The room sucked, did not have a refrigerator and the TV was small. That would have been basically fine, except it poured buckets all day one day and there was nothing really to do at the main resort building. The restaurants were ridiculously expensive and not particularly great.

I think we went to Epcot one day; that was boring. They had some sort of beer sampling (as I recall) that we did and we also did some sort of ride on the pond, but I forget what. Something with fountains.

Anyway, the amenities at the Super 8 were 100x better and we asked locals for tips on the best restaurants, so went to a few really terrific Mexican and Cuban places while we were staying there. I think also some Asian restaurant, but I remember us thinking that was just average.

I have no plans on returning to Orlando, Epcot, Disney...or any of it. For me, I don't even care what's down there...even if I were a millionaire, the price is not justified by the value.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 12th, 2021 at 8:36:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146

Read.

Discussion: The hell do I care what adults are doing with their own free time and entertainment budget? Aren't the majority of the posters here negative expectation gamblers, to one extent or another?

Nobody is asking you to care what they do. Asking to discuss what your thoughts are on visiting Disney as an adult.
The President is a fink.
July 12th, 2021 at 9:10:07 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Nobody is asking you to care what they do. Asking to discuss what your thoughts are on visiting Disney as an adult.

I thought I did.

TL;DR: I don't care to do so, and if it appeals to other adults, I don't care what they do.
August 2nd, 2021 at 6:15:42 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Saw this comic which reminded me of this thread

The same conversation as OP often extends to legos, comics, toys, etc.

I can’t comprehend how people can think parents and children genuinely having the same interests is a bad thing.
October 1st, 2021 at 11:31:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Happy 50th Birthday Disney World.
The President is a fink.
January 15th, 2022 at 6:31:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
This is amazing.

Disney World had the first 911 system in Florida and today handles 24,000 calls. For those of you in Rio Linda that is 2,000 a month ot 67 a day.

The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 2<12