Top U.S. Catholic Church official resigns after cellphone data used to track him on Grindr

Page 3 of 6<123456>
July 25th, 2021 at 9:54:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: OnceDear

As to AXD. I don't value his opinions enough to argue with him. But I'm happy to help him out himself for whatever he is. Yeah, and ready to watch as he does likewise to me.

I know "what I am" and am comfortable with it.
The President is a fink.
July 25th, 2021 at 9:56:41 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: OnceDear
The church did not monitor his phone. Some whack job hit squad from a Catholic newsletter bought the data of his activity and carefully reassembled, colated and cross referenced it to 'out' him.

Shame on all of them.

As to AXD. I don't value his opinions enough to argue with him. But I'm happy to help him out himself for whatever he is. Yeah, and ready to watch as he does likewise to me.

It would not surprise me if they work under the blessing of the Church so to speak. And, even if they did not, the Chuch still accepted the "evidence" of the "crime".

It's like that movie where they try to punish people for crimes based on then being likley to commit. Except in this case it's something that should not even be an issue in 2021....
July 25th, 2021 at 11:42:03 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
So you are asking if I think gay males chase after this group? I think they do in greater numbers than straight men will chase females of this age group. I think it is a little game to many of them, see if they can turn out youth males.

Why ever would you think that, where is your proof?

Or is it just a hunch?

The obvious reality is that a limited subset of gay men (and women: let's not forget the ladies) choose to groom and prey upon underage youth for gay sex, just as a limited subset of straight men (and women) choose to groom and prey upon underage youth for straight sex.

I have seen no data to support your claim that gay child molesters outnumber straight child molesters, in fact off the top of my head I'll tell you this: anecdotally speaking, it seems to me that the newspapers have a lot more reported arrests of straight people molesting youth of the opposite sex than they do gays molesting youth of the same sex.
July 25th, 2021 at 11:56:12 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: missedhervee

Look at their behavior. EB has mentioned it. And I "think that" because it is simple logic if you understand human behavior. Cougar females go after the same thing with younger men.

Quote:
I have seen no data to support your claim that gay child molesters outnumber straight child molesters, in fact off the top of my head I'll tell you this: anecdotally speaking, it seems to me that the newspapers have a lot more reported arrests of straight people molesting youth of the opposite sex than they do gays molesting youth of the same sex.

Yet again you confuse "child" with "youth." Quit using "child" here. As to your anecdotal evidence, well, there are 98 or so straight men for every gay male. So what will the numbers show?
The President is a fink.
July 25th, 2021 at 12:16:14 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

Or is it just a hunch?

The obvious reality is that a limited subset of gay men (and women: let's not forget the ladies) choose to groom and prey upon underage youth for gay sex, just as a limited subset of straight men (and women) choose to groom and prey upon underage youth for straight sex.

There is none, girls are abused as children far more than boys.... This is not even disputed by anyone with any fair reasoning.

Males are almost always the abuser (again more often abusing the opposite gender). Females rarely abuse, at least compared to males, though when they do its almost always the opposite gender (we all have seen the acedotal stories of female teachers with male students etc....) The fact is, most (the vast majority) of child abuse is "heterosexual".....

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3694689/

And, that is not counting the people who abuse the same gender but identify as straight (which is pretty much every BSA leader who has abused). But, that is not worth getting into since people will start talking about conspiracies and hidden lives.....

The fact is most abuse is heterosexual (meaning the victim and the abuser are opposite gender), most abusers are heterosexual..... The only people who twist this have some hidden agenda....
July 25th, 2021 at 12:28:46 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler

The fact is most abuse is heterosexual (meaning the victim and the abuser are opposite gender), most abusers are heterosexual..... The only people who twist this have some hidden agenda....

With 98 straights to every 1 gay this comes as shocking news to you?
The President is a fink.
July 25th, 2021 at 12:31:52 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: AZDuffman
With 98 straights to every 1 gay this comes as shocking news to you?

Of course not.

Then again this revelation now seems to refute your earlier unsubstantiated claim, to wit: "So you are asking if I think gay males chase after this group? I think they do in greater numbers than straight men will chase females of this age group."

You clearly claimed there that there are more gay child/youth molesters than there are straight ones, yet now you agree there are a lot more straight than gay ones.

Which is it, make up your mind ... or have you lost it?
July 25th, 2021 at 12:43:28 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Of course not.

Then again this revelation now seems to refute your earlier unsubstantiated claim, to wit: "So you are asking if I think gay males chase after this group? I think they do in greater numbers than straight men will chase females of this age group."

You clearly claimed there that there are more gay child/youth molesters than there are straight ones, yet now you agree there are a lot more straight than gay ones.

Which is it, make up your mind ... or have you lost it?

You need to learn to define "child" first. You seem to be mixing "child" and "youth." And I do think gay males chase after youth males in greater numbers than straight men chase teen females. I think you fall into the group that thinks gay males can do no wrong, which is dangerous thinking that too many in society have fallen into.
The President is a fink.
July 25th, 2021 at 12:52:00 PM permalink
missedhervee
Baloney.

The law punishes a sexual predator whose victim is under the states' legal age of consent, typically eighteen.

Penalties may be enhanced if the victim is particularly young, but the crime is the same.

Your attempt to obfuscate (child vs. youth) is disingenuous and indicative of a floundering argument.

Child is defined as: "a young human being below the age of puberty or below the legal age of majority."

Just admit it: you're wrong, then move on to some other issue to skewer, twist and torment.
July 25th, 2021 at 12:59:24 PM permalink
AZDuffman

Your attempt to obfuscate (child vs. youth) is disingenuous and indicative of a floundering argument.

Not at all. A child is pre-puberty. Post-puberty they are sexually an adult but not legally one. Gays see these youths are a target to be turned out. Most, of course, will find the entire idea disgusting and turn them down. But some either think they should be PC and do not initially turn them down or are mentally weak and go along. Going after someone like this and an out and out "child" is not at all the same thing. The body does not magically change when someone hits age 18.

"Youths" are what the priests and BSA leaders went after. Alone showing there is a culture of turning them out. And I will repeat, this is something that goes way back and is why gays were prohibited from these kinds of roles in the first place. When they were prohibited people used unclouded thinking. Today if is clouded by the PC movement.
The President is a fink.
Page 3 of 6<123456>